Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI V: Chase for the Championship (and Hobey)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI V: Chase for the Championship (and Hobey)

goulet still sick as is bergin hope both are better
    we better not overlook brown hard nose team and coach but we should win both
    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

I hope that AAG & Bergin's illnesses are able to be contained. The last thing this team needs is an outbreak of illness. I've got my tickets...bring it on !
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

We just have to find a way to play against Brown the way we do against Yale and Cornell. Kind of an odd season for us in the ECAC with performing better against the #1 and #2 seeds than we did against the #3 and #4 seeds.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by yarblockers View Post
          Do the same for Appert and Baer.
          Been there; done that.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            I hope that AAG & Bergin's illnesses are able to be contained. The last thing this team needs is an outbreak of illness. I've got my tickets...bring it on !
            Not sure what the illnesses are but hopefully all team members got their flu shots this year. H1N1 seems to be winding down at least temporarily but regular seasonal flu is still around.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              We just have to find a way to play against Brown the way we do against Yale and Cornell. Kind of an odd season for us in the ECAC with performing better against the #1 and #2 seeds than we did against the #3 and #4 seeds.
              Agreed Doc...if we play like we played in Ithaca, we'll be in the driver's seat. If we allow Brown to dictate play physically, we'll have our hands full. Win the corner battles and use or speed on breakouts.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Not sure what the illnesses are but hopefully all team members got their flu shots this year. H1N1 seems to be winding down at least temporarily but regular seasonal flu is still around.
                There is some kind of viral demon coursing thru the C.D....I am on my 2nd round of AB's for strep.

Comment

Agreed Doc...if we play like we played in Ithaca, we'll be in the driver's seat. If we allow Brown to dictate play physically, we'll have our hands full. Win the corner battles and use or speed on breakouts.
                  Playing Cornell was a good full-game warmup for what Brown will do (or ultimately will want to do) against RPI. The road to Albany will not be given out and for you folks that like to get nervous about things, RPI is sitting in the same slot Dartmouth was last year.
                  R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                    for you folks that like to get nervous about things, RPI is sitting in the same slot Dartmouth was last year.
                    (limbers up for dealing with bedwetters)
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

The good news is, when looking at the top 5 teams, if you discount late garbage goals (Union empty netter, Colgate 5x3 with 2 minutes to play), we are +2 verse the top 4. Again, ignoring the two garbage goals, we didn't lose by more than a goal to any of the top 4 teams. We were better against them on the road than at home.

Long story short, we played incredibly consistent hockey against the top of the league (i.e. the teams that are on the way to Albany and beyond) - far more consistent than we've seen in the past 8 or 9 years. And we've had a couple performances that showed tremendous upside (the Yale games). Given that we have been very much in every single game against top 4 teams and have also showed the capacity to come out and light the top team in the league up, I'm optimistic about our chances this year.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                        Playing Cornell was a good full-game warmup for what Brown will do (or ultimately will want to do) against RPI. The road to Albany will not be given out and for you folks that like to get nervous about things, RPI is sitting in the same slot Dartmouth was last year.
                        Brown has the work ethic, if not all of the personnel... I hope that their keeper continues to channel Roberto Luongo's glovework from yesterday...

That guy better be thanking his lucky stars that the Canucks mustered a win or he would've been chained to a pole somewhere out in the tundra..WOW was he fighting the puck yesterday.
                        Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 03-01-2010, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Brown has the work ethic, if not all of the personnel... I hope that their keeper continues channel Roberto Luongo's glovework from yesterday...

That guy better be thanking his lucky stars that the Canucks mustered a win or he would've been chained to a pole somewhere out in the tundra..WOW was he fighting the puck yesterday.
                          He had the same kind of glove work as a Little League first baseman.
                          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Brown has the work ethic, if not all of the personnel...
                            They have Harry Zolnierczyk. Don't get near him, or he'll throw his stick in the air!
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Was just over at the field house getting my tickets for this weekend...about 10 or so people in line with me. Slower than molasses service but good thing it was only season ticket holders getting tickets or else I would have been there longer. Either way got my tickets and cannot wait for this weekend. Should be a good series between these two teams.
                              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                                The good news is, when looking at the top 5 teams, if you discount late garbage goals (Union empty netter, Colgate 5x3 with 2 minutes to play), we are +2 verse the top 4. Again, ignoring the two garbage goals, we didn't lose by more than a goal to any of the top 4 teams. We were better against them on the road than at home.

Long story short, we played incredibly consistent hockey against the top of the league (i.e. the teams that are on the way to Albany and beyond) - far more consistent than we've seen in the past 8 or 9 years. And we've had a couple performances that showed tremendous upside (the Yale games). Given that we have been very much in every single game against top 4 teams and have also showed the capacity to come out and light the top team in the league up, I'm optimistic about our chances this year.
                                Well said. No doubt that Yale would rather play the River Rats than have to face RPI again this season!

Comment

Working...
                                X