Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Hampshire vs Northeastern 2/26, 27

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    ..kidding aside, Champions down Huntington is a good bet (its only about a 5-6 min walk from the Arena right off the street anchored to the Marriott/Copley Place). If you want a shorter walk.. Our House East is about 2 mins away.. also Pizzeria Uno has a bar..really.. nxt door (on Huntington).

Coming from NH.. if you have the time.. go to Champions, its not a bad walk. Hopefully get to see a good gm from both teams.
    Super!....thanks
    PSW
    watching from the stands, saying little

Comment

My guess: NU 4-3 on Friday and UNH 53-1 on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by NJ2NU View Post
        ..agree with your assessment (split wknd). However.. if we manage to get a 'W' tomorrow..(assumption).. we almost have to play the gm of our season Saturday & go for the sweep. Might put us in decent shape come end of season..

This wknd (compared to the following).. is the better chance at 4pts for either team,(with UNH playing BC nxt).

If we are to steal one on the road again.. the Whit might be the place to do it. The NU/BU gms always take too much out of either team any given night.. to go for it the following gm.. who knows, perhaps we'll have to do that this season regardless.. just my view of these nxt 2 wknds.

UNH is looking at NU & BC and prob saying the same thing - this wknd, better chance at 4 pts..

All that being said.. let's try win tomorrow first. FWIW.. we have more overall wins going into this gm (16 v/s 15 for them), but we also have more losses. The Wildcats have just done a phenomenal job with their HE gms so far, earning their current standing.
        Last edited by northeastern; 02-25-2010, 04:32 PM. Reason: addition
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NJ2NU View Post
          liberal estimate for the number of goals we'll score on saturday.
          Arenas Attended
          Matthews Arena
          Agganis Arena
          Tsongas Arena
          Lawler Arena
          Schneider Arena
          Mullins Center
          TD Banknorth Garden
          Conte Forum
          Whittemore Center
          Gutterson Fieldhouse
          Alfond Arena
          Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Any suggestions for a place to grab a bite before the game Friday that is walking distance to Mathews?

Comment

If Hurricane Katrina is gone by tomorrow try newberry street for some fun places. I always love bottega fiorentina for a quick/affordable but good Italian bite. Great pastas, better sandwitches. If you really are looking to eat, Tapeo is a fun tapas resto. Otherwise, there's litterally dozens of small places to eat on Huntington.
              Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

There's tons of places around.. depends what you're into. They are lined up & down the avenue.. (both Huntington & Mass Ave).

You can always grab exquisite cuisine (rarities like pizza & dogs) at our concessions inside
                GO NU HOCKEY
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by DaveDan View Post
                  Any suggestions for a place to grab a bite before the game Friday that is walking distance to Mathews?
                  That I can think of right away that are within about a 3 minute walk (in no particular order):

Temptations
                  Shawarma
                  BHOP
                  UNO's
                  Burger King
                  Quizno's
                  Dunkin's
                  Subway
                  Symphony Sushi

There's also the food court in the Prudential Center which is probably 5-10 minutes away, as well as PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza Kitchen, and a couple other places at the Pru as well. I may be missing some, but that should be a decent list.
                  Go Huskies!

Comment

I have a feeling he is looking for more than a T Subway and a Dunkin Donuts

Conor Larkin's sells decent food, Our House East is pretty average on the food front. Both obviously sell beer as well...

Usually a decent crowd at Uno's and that is the closest....
                    MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

Probably so, but they're there aren't they? He asked for places to grab a bite, so I mentioned what was around.

For Saturday night, do they actually check student IDs? I had a friend get me a couple tickets but they say valid ID required. Some places say that but don't actually check, so what's the deal at the Lake?
                      Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post
                        ...Tapeo is a fun tapas resto...
                        Tapeo (Newbury St)..good stuff, good call. Might be a bit of a walk to the gm though, but if one has time.. i second your recommendation
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Its funny, I half expected the title of this thread to be UNH vs. a road bump. UNH should have no problem rolling a weak NU team whom has proven average at best without an all American caliber tender between the pipes. UNH is the best team in the league, and will make noise in the NCAAs. Looking past towards next weekend is way more important that getting gassed playing a bunch of dusters down near Huntington ave.

Prediction: UNH sweeps. Second game, they roll the third and fourth lines more than the first two.

Predication #2: Matt Fornataro goes back in time, short sells Microsoft and Berkshire Hathaway class A stock and still makes a fortune.

Prediction #3: Goldman Sachs gives back all the money it stole from the United states citizens.

...I think #3 is the most unrealistic predication at this point.
                          "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Originally posted by unh_hockey View Post
                            Its funny, I half expected the title of this thread to be UNH vs. a road bump. UNH should have no problem rolling a weak NU team whom has proven average at best without an all American caliber tender between the pipes. UNH is the best team in the league, and will make noise in the NCAAs. Looking past towards next weekend is way more important that getting gassed playing a bunch of dusters down near Huntington ave.

Prediction: UNH sweeps. Second game, they roll the third and fourth lines more than the first two.

Predication #2: Matt Fornataro goes back in time, short sells Microsoft and Berkshire Hathaway class A stock and still makes a fortune.

Prediction #3: Goldman Sachs gives back all the money it stole from the United states citizens.

...I think #3 is the most unrealistic predication at this point.

....still waiting for somebody to say something inflammatory.

Comment

Well.. we are 3- 2 - 1 against you guys since 2007.. so there's some hope for us 'down & outta luck' types
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Turn the page bra. Lets look at this year

http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20091...e=unh&gender=m

This weekend should be a victory for the huskies if they can get 20 S.O.G for both games. Baby steps, right?
                                "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Working...
                                X