X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' Part 2 - The Playoffs

Congrats!!!
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Congratulations RIT win it all in Detroit
      When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Congrats to RIT. Enjoy the run in the Frozen Four, and best of luck.

Comment

I have never paid any attention to RIT's conference...my bad! Seriously, well the f___ done Tigers!

Comment

Well done Tigers- see you in Detroit. From one of the end zones...

Comment

Good Job RIT
              Like Bemidji last year, I'll be pulling for you guys in Detroit
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

From a fan of an old rival: Congrats to the Tigers, Corner Crew, and all the RIT fans I've met over the years. Keep it going!

here comes the boss!

Comment

• Blast from the past

Thot you'd enjoy this blast from the past. Congrats from Elmira!!

Originally posted by gopherpride
                  You know, this is ridiculous. Adding more schools to Division I is fine, but at least add a quality school with a quality program. RIT may be a decent team every year in Div-III, but let's be honest: They will struggle for a while in a league that struggles consistently with the rest of Div-I hockey, and certainly is not capable of competing in the NCAA's.

I'm against small school Div-I teams who cannot support a decent program. Atlantic Hockey, Div-III powerhouses, CHA, and a few of these small schools in each of the major conferences should be considered Div-II. Div-I should only consist of big name schools & medium schools in favorable locations who can keep a consistently competitive program.

Comment

Reeee-my! Reeee-my! Reeee-my Reeee-my! Reeee-my! You suck!

(Yeah, I know he was all conciliatory in the other forum, but still)

ETA: Wait, I just checked. His grapes are all sour again.
                    Last edited by RITTechie; 03-27-2010, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Congrats RIT. Good luck in Detroit.
                      Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Fear The Streak!

Detroit here we come!!!
                        RIT HOCKEY: It's kind of a big deal

Fear the streak!

Comment

I'm on board the RIT bandwagon.

Good luck in Detroit.
                          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Congrats to the tigers & their fans.

Comment

Funny that some Elmyra fans are posting their congratulations. I just rode up in the elevator with a couple of Elmyra fans who did the same

This really unbelievable. I might need to take monday off from work too to fully recover. Congrats to all the RIT players and coaches, what a freaking weekend!

Couple actual thoughts on the game. Both teams looked tentative for about half the game but then something seemed to click for RIT and they just went for it. Maybe they realized they can "hang with the big boys" and beating Denver wasn't just a fluke
                              RIT Tigers
                              Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                              Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                              Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by RITTechie View Post
                                Reeee-my! Reeee-my! Reeee-my Reeee-my! Reeee-my! You suck!

(Yeah, I know he was all conciliatory in the other forum, but still)

ETA: Wait, I just checked. His grapes are all sour again.
                                The backtracking has been fun. First, they couldn't beat good teams. Then, they couldn't beat good teams when it mattered. Now, DIII teams could beat UNH the way they played (cause, you know, it had nothing to do with RIT's play). Entertaining stuff.

More seriously, it's just amazing to think how far this program has come. Thinking back to their "almost" unbeaten season in 2000-01, crowds above 1,300 didn't happen unless Elmira came during the regular season. Now, that would be a poor crowd. And, front page articles and bars full of fans cheering on RIT have happened. It's surreal to think of this program's progress.

And, this means two weeks of RIT being in the local spotlight. If I'm the development office, I'd be working hard for those two weeks. I think this could expedite the arena project just a little bit.

And, on the game, it was just a solid three period effort. RIT outplayed them in all areas. Wilson is looking pretty good after this weekend, as his team stifled some pretty potent offenses. It'll be interesting to see how many people greet the team at 1:30am when they arrive. I'm tempted.

Comment

Working...
                                X