>>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' Part 2 - The Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' Part 2 - The Playoffs

Anyone buy tickets this AM and have a sense of how demand is. I had something urgent come up today and won't be able to get to the box office until tomorrow at the earliest. Will there be any of the RIT allotment left?

No big deal, I know I can get them directly.
    -M

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
      Air Force coach Frank Serratore chimes in on RIT in the Denver Post:

http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_14735625
      Pretty harsh but realistic take. I wonder if coach WW has asked Serratore for scouting info on Denver. He has a pretty unique take on both of the teams playing Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
        Air Force coach Frank Serratore chimes in on RIT in the Denver Post:

http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_14735625
        Excellent locker room bulletin board material for RIT!
        KBranch

Comment

I didn't see anything harsh or bulletin-board worthy. It was honest and accurate. I think Coach Wilson would have done the same for them.

The only underestimation I see is that I think RIT is significantly better than AFA right now (playoffs and end of season seem to bear that out) and if they could take DU to OT, why wouldn't RIT be expected to do at least the same? Coach S. didn't seem to want to admit that RIT was the better team this year.

(I know one game, mid-season, etc. etc. ... but this is one game too.)
          -M

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
            Excellent locker room bulletin board material for RIT!
            Bulletin board material for whom? We're not playing Air Force.

And besides, as was said earlier, his take was probably closer to the truth than any of us Tigers fans would like to admit at this point (Keep Hope Alive!). I don't think Coach Serratore was ragging on RIT unnecessarily, just offering his honest opinion. He did say that RIT was as capable as AFA was last year of pulling an upset, just that he didn't think DU would take the Tigers lightly enough to open that door up for them. Which, reading between the lines, may mean he thinks Michigan was looking past his team somewhat last year (although with how badly UM outshot AFA in that game, that's probably not the case - just a case of too much Volkening).
            Can't we all just get along?
            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
              I think RIT is significantly better than AFA right now
              Yeah, RIT proved to be significantly better than the entire rest of the AHA, where the level of play on a whole dropped off slightly from years past (7-49-4 NC record can attest to that). And despite being clearly the BEST in the conference, the Tigers still managed only an 0-6 record against a relatively poor NC schedule:
              2 last place teams: NU - CHA and Clarkson - ECAC
              1 second-to-last place team (twice): MSU-Mankato - WCHA
              2 middle-of-the pack teams: Colgate and SLU
              None of our opponents were ever serious contenders for making the tournament - no TUC's and no trips to the semifinals in their respective conference tournaments, with the obvious exception of NU who made the CHA semi's by simply existing (although they did upset BSU).
              I don't really know where I'm going with this and I'm sure it's been discussed before, but we shouldn't be surprised if RIT doesn't get any respect outside of Brick City this season. Neither the Tigers nor our conference brethren have produced any evidence that any attention or respect has been earned.
              So here's to RIT going out there and earning a measure of respect. This is definitely the place to go and grab it. Go Tigers!!!
              Can't we all just get along?
              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

I think you can discount the Denver AFA game... it's a lot easier to overlook a team midseason than it is in the playoffs.

Comment

So, is anyone *not* making the trip to Albany? Are there going to be any parties or get-togethers in Rochester to watch the big game on ESPNU-HD?

I noticed the Alumni Association is hosting a shindig at TC Riley's at Park Point -- anything else?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
                    Anyone buy tickets this AM and have a sense of how demand is. I had something urgent come up today and won't be able to get to the box office until tomorrow at the earliest. Will there be any of the RIT allotment left?

No big deal, I know I can get them directly.
                    Just heard there are only 10 slots left on the bus (of 110 total). My guess is there are still plenty of tickets left, just expect to drive

Comment

Originally posted by day310 View Post
                      Just heard there are only 10 slots left on the bus (of 110 total). My guess is there are still plenty of tickets left, just expect to drive
                      Thanks. I was planning to drive anyway and spend the night in Albany. I'm going to all games regardless of outcome. I think I can get over there before 6 tonight, so I'll see what the situation is then.
                      -M

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                        So, is anyone *not* making the trip to Albany? Are there going to be any parties or get-togethers in Rochester to watch the big game on ESPNU-HD?

I noticed the Alumni Association is hosting a shindig at TC Riley's at Park Point -- anything else?

Powers &8^]
                        I'm not... the flight from San Diego is a bit far.

To that end, anybody else in So Cal taking Friday off for the game?

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                          Bulletin board material for whom? We're not playing Air Force.

And besides, as was said earlier, his take was probably closer to the truth than any of us Tigers fans would like to admit at this point (Keep Hope Alive!). I don't think Coach Serratore was ragging on RIT unnecessarily, just offering his honest opinion. He did say that RIT was as capable as AFA was last year of pulling an upset, just that he didn't think DU would take the Tigers lightly enough to open that door up for them. Which, reading between the lines, may mean he thinks Michigan was looking past his team somewhat last year (although with how badly UM outshot AFA in that game, that's probably not the case - just a case of too much Volkening).
                          Seriously? You don't think a coach can turn any of those remarks into motivation? Wow.
                          KBranch

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
                            Seriously? You don't think a coach can turn any of those remarks into motivation? Wow.
                            I don't get it. What is so bad about...

"They have good, competitive depth, and they're an older team,"

"They're plenty good enough to go up and down the ice with Denver, but I would be shocked if Denver doesn't penetrate and get more quality shots than teams from our league."

"(RIT's) goalie, Jared DeMichiel, was our first-team all-conference goalie. But I don't know how much he was tested in our league, and they never won a nonconference game (0-6)," Serratore said. "If Denver takes them lightly, which I know they won't, RIT is more than capable of knocking them off. But if everything else is equal, I'd take Cheverie over DeMichiel."
                            Seems pretty accurate and honest to me.
                            My Four Favorite teams:
                            RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                            Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Yeah, I don't really have a problem with any of the statements -- I can't really argue with them -- but that doesn't mean RIT can't use them as motivation. I thought RIT's defense was stellar to the point of generally keeping quality chances to a minimum. Of course, being stellar against Denver is a bigger challenge. And, while I think RIT has come a long, long way from those early season non-conference games, not winning any does give them something to prove. So, them having motivation is a great thing IMO.

So, were the statements wrong? Probably not. But should they be used as motivation? Absolutely.

Comment

If they aren't motivated by playing in the NCAA tournament against the #2 team in the nation, no statement made by a coach that has seen both teams is going to change that.

There is that funny little thing call a National Championship at the end of this tournament, and RIT has a (admittedly slim) chance of winning it. THAT should be motivation enough.
                                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2010 Frozen Four participant
                                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Working...
                                X