Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' Part 2 - The Playoffs

Originally posted by AFHockeyFan View Post
    Part of the deal for Army's approval of Air Force's move to Atlantic Hockey was that the rivalry would remain a two-game series. Not sure they're too happy with the playoff pairings.

And, yes, the unbalanced schedule has unfairly benefitted some teams (including Air Force) in the past. Next year I'd like to see 3 "divisions," where you play 4 games against the other 3 teams in your "division" (12 games) and two games against each team in the other two "divisions" (16 games) for a total of 28. The three division winners and one "wild card" (non-division winner with the best record) get the top 4 seeds and byes, everyone else plays in the opening round.
    That's a lot better format than the playing five teams 3x and the other six 2x, and the scheduling/travel headaches that may cause. The only drawback is that you have 6 non-conference games (like it is now) instead of 7 under the 3x/2x plan.
    2008-09 AHA Regular Season Pick 'em Champion
    2010 AHA Postseason Pick 'em Co-Champ

Comment

Originally posted by WestsideTigersFan View Post
      What do you really expect from a 2 bit league run from an office located above a liquor store?
      The league office is at Haverhill Valley Forum ice arena:

http://www.valleyrinks.com/index.php...d=14&Itemid=18

Comment

Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
        I wouldn't even mind trolls so much if they could just come in here and start real discussions. Is it really that hard to do?
        Then they wouldn't be trolls. Along those lines, wouldn't a better name than "troll" for a person who is usually in the dark and loves BS be "mushroom?"

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post

Wow, so they have upgraded! Good for them!
          My Four Favorite teams:
          RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
          Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
            Wow, so they have upgraded! Good for them!
            Are they expecting a sellout or even better SRO Friday night at the Ritter?
            Thanks ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post

Awww come on. The liquor store rumor was much more fun. So much fun that I've heard EVERY league office is above a liquor store at one point or another. I believe if the officials have an office it is above a liquor store too, if not above a meth clinic.
              KBranch

Comment

Originally posted by tarp View Post
                Thanks ...
                Capacity at the Ritter is 2100, and that includes standing room only. I would expect a sellout.
                KBranch

Comment

Originally posted by AFHockeyFan View Post
                  Part of the deal for Army's approval of Air Force's move to Atlantic Hockey was that the rivalry would remain a two-game series. Not sure they're too happy with the playoff pairings.
                  That's ... surprising. They wouldn't rather play each other more often some years?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by RITTechie View Post
                    Then they wouldn't be trolls. Along those lines, wouldn't a better name than "troll" for a person who is usually in the dark and loves BS be "mushroom?"
                    well...a lot of em do seem like they're on shrooms...so i suppose you're right.
                    e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                      Hey can you forward those Pics to Ryan Sweeney, Jay Durfee, Steven Meyer, and Tony Guglietti. Oh and CC Eugene Binda and Bob DeGregorio. Ask them how Jeff Smith was fighting in the altercation you can see his gloves are on as Ikkala is hammering away. Has to be the worst call of the year that Smith got a game DQ out of that. The way it was call, he was better off to drop his glove and go, at least he would have gotten his money's worth, is that the message AHA wants????
                      if you are serious you can pass them along. i have a few more similar pictures as well. it honestly was not really much of a fight. really early on smith got his jersey pulled over his head and as you mentioned it looks like his gloves never came off. i'll give ikkala the benefit of the doubt and say that smith provoked him, but smith certainly did not do much actual fighting. the crowd sure was thrilled about ikkala roughing smith up, but i guess when you are losing 8-2 on the weekend on your home ice you will take what you can get.
                      i refuse to take out my keys.

ritter arena, ira wilson arena, dwyer arena, tate rink, blue cross arena, buffalo state sports arena, houston fieldhouse, times union center, ford field, messa rink

Comment

Random thoughts from recent comments

- The league has to know by now they have an officiating problem. From what my research has suggested...Maybe not being the lowest paid officials in College hockey would attract better officials...

- I will always wonder what that first AHA regular season champions team from RIT would have done in the Tourament. This year team seems to have a better chance than all to make the tourament. I don't think its necessarily better than teams of the past, but compare to the rest of the feild it is...

- I think people are over empathizing the previous two semi final losses. The Air Force loss was just a horrible night. Very unfortunate that it happen that night, but Air Force knew they were not 5 goals better than that RIT team. The Mercyhurst loss was just a great game that we came out on the wrong end on. I was dissapointed at how our defense played in the OT, but when you have single elimination hockey in College, wild things happen, look at what happen in the ECAC West Final........
                        Last edited by Tom Naeger; 03-09-2010, 11:45 AM.
                        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                        The Mule
                        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Random thoughts from recent comments

- I will always wonder what that first AHA regular season champions team from RIT would have done in the Tourament. This year team seems to have a better chance than all to make the tourament. I don't think its necessarily better than teams of the past, but compare to the rest of the feild it is...

- I think people are empathizing the previous two semi final losses. The Air Force loss was just a horrible night. Very unfortunate that it happen that night, but Air Force knew they were not 5 goals better than that RIT team. The Mercyhurst loss was just a great game that we came out on the wrong end on. I was dissapointed at how our defense played in the OT, but when you have single elimination hockey in College, wild things happen, look at what happen in the ECAC West Final........
                          - i think that team would have done well. lambert played out of his head that year and could have carried the team.
                          - that was a rough night, second in my books only to the elmira loss a few years back. i think the team will do better this playoff round. good goalie, good defense, good enough scoring, and hopefully a ton of fans. i won't predict us winning the tournament (as you mentioned, too much can happen in single elimination) but i fully expect to be in the final game.
                          i refuse to take out my keys.

ritter arena, ira wilson arena, dwyer arena, tate rink, blue cross arena, buffalo state sports arena, houston fieldhouse, times union center, ford field, messa rink

Comment

look at what happen in the ECAC West Final........
                            Men's or women's?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by tarp View Post
                              Thanks ...
                              Ritter is always SRO but not always a sellout but I expect this weekend it will be sold out as long as school is back in session. I'm not a student anymore so I don't know the schedule and I am too lazy to simply ask my brother who is
                              RIT Tigers
                              Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                              Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                              Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

I've criticized this team somewhat over the yea,r due to some problems with the offense, but I'm more than happy to eat some crow and say this team is probably the most solid team we have had at the D1 level. The defense, and DeMichael especially, are playing exceptional and really the offense seems to have clicked in once Burt and Favot were sat down for a game. I know it burned a number of us to see them sat and drop a game to Uconn but I guess in Wayne Wilson we trust
                                RIT Tigers
                                Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                                Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                                Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X