Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND @ CC. Battle for home ice in the playoffs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND @ CC. Battle for home ice in the playoffs.

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
    And to answer your original question, I believe it was during the 98-99 season.
    That team swept pretty much everyone. May have been the best UND team to not win it all.

Comment

Originally posted by lord k View Post
      That team swept pretty much everyone. May have been the best UND team to not win it all.
      That was the same season that CC had a ton of injuries and could have challenged the Sioux had they been healthy. CC played every game of that season with at least one or multiple players out of the lineup. I will never forget how Toby Petersen broke both his legs that year and Darren Clark broke his arm with one month left in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by lord k View Post
        2003-2004 Fighting Sioux team was another.

CC and UND always match up well. Always look forward to these games because they are always fast paced up and down hockey. A split is a must but a sweep would be friggin' sweet!

*Fix'd
        Last edited by SiouxFanatic; 02-22-2010, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Umm, no. The 98-99 team went 24-2-2 in the WCHA. Jeff Panzer was on the third line. That is how good they were.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            Umm, no. The 98-99 team went 24-2-2 in the WCHA. Jeff Panzer was on the third line. That is how good they were.
            Wow, tarded out. Was looking at the 88-89 schedule on FightingSiou*****, which fooled me cause coincidentally the Sioux swept all 4 games against CC that season.

Edit: Also add in the fact that FightingSiou***** doesn't even have the 98-99 season schedule/results on the website. o.O
            Last edited by SiouxFanatic; 02-22-2010, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
              CC and UND always match up well. Always look forward to these games because they are always fast paced up and down hockey.
              Agreed. I always enjoy watching these two teams.

Any chance these games will be on webcast or TV?
              'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rane View Post
                Agreed. I always enjoy watching these two teams.

Any chance these games will be on webcast or TV?
                There will be a webcast via B2 Networks. At least that is what the schedule says:
                http://b2tv.com/partner_members.asp?...ckey%20Men%27s

Comment

He was probably the best 3rd liner ever! Scored 4 goals against the gophers. In 1 game!

Comment

Any injuries for the Sioux right now other then Genoway?

Comment

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
                      Any injuries for the Sioux right now other then Genoway?
                      None that I've heard...

Any for CC?
                      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Sioux fans should be forever grateful to SCSU for kicking off their second half surge. I mean, if it wasn't for Marvin knocking Genoway out, and the subsequent fired up team playing SCSU, you guys never would have gone on this winning streak. Yes, you are welcome from SCSU for saving your season.
                        Bob is making me concerned
                        I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                          Sioux fans should be forever grateful to SCSU for kicking off their second half surge. I mean, if it wasn't for Marvin knocking Genoway out, and the subsequent fired up team playing SCSU, you guys never would have gone on this winning streak. Yes, you are welcome from SCSU for saving your season.
                          Another way to look at it would be not to have Marvin take out Genoway in the first place and see where the team would be at.

Comment

UND should be commended as well for starting SCSU's annual swoon. Now the Huskies' fans hopes won't be crushed when they once again crash and burn come the playoffs.
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

UND should be commended as well for starting SCSU's annual swoon. Now the Huskies' fans hopes won't be crushed when they once again crash and burn come the playoffs.
                              Swoon on! We're ready to crash and burn; at least we're use to it. Husky fans expect nothing less. But at least we don't eat our own boogers.
                              Bob is making me concerned
                              I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                                Swoon on! We're ready to crash and burn; at least we're use to it. Husky fans expect nothing less. But at least we don't eat our own boogers.
                                BS, I've seen both shortbus and tommyboy eating theirs!

Comment

Working...
                                X