Commercials during the Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercials during the Olympics

So, here I sit watching the Olympics, and here comes the dreaded commercials, then they grab my attention - Walmart and a mom talking about saving money for the next ten years of Hockey fees as she is getting her daughter ready for a game and the commercial ends as the little girl hit the ice ready for a game, and then McDonalds and the coach talking to a girls Ice hockey team about playing like Olympians.
    I think this is the first time that I can remember two major companies getting behind girls (Womens) ice hockey. I hope that having these two commercials running will help grow the game at least here in the states.
    Just my observation. It is nice to get some prime time exposure.
    GO USA!

Re: Commercials during the Olympics

Originally posted by posttopost2 View Post
    So, here I sit watching the Olympics, and here comes the dreaded commercials, then they grab my attention - Walmart and a mom talking about saving money for the next ten years of Hockey fees as she is getting her daughter ready for a game and the commercial ends as the little girl hit the ice ready for a game, and then McDonalds and the coach talking to a girls Ice hockey team about playing like Olympians.
    I think this is the first time that I can remember two major companies getting behind girls (Womens) ice hockey. I hope that having these two commercials running will help grow the game at least here in the states.
    GO USA!
    I find the McDonalds commercial hilarious. "You can eat chicken McNuggets like the olympians do!" because we all know that Ruggerio and Vetter, McNight are all sittin up there munchin on Mcnuggets all day long.
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
      I find the McDonalds commercial hilarious. "You can eat chicken McNuggets like the olympians do!" because we all know that Ruggerio and Vetter, McNight are all sittin up there munchin on Mcnuggets all day long.
      Maybe they do.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

We Canadians are hoping all U.S. Olympians are scarfing down Mickie Ds..!!!
        But in reality...I doubt it. It's pure crap!

Comment

Originally posted by posttopost2 View Post
          GO USA!
          In the case of the Walmart commercial, I don't think you could ask for a better way to promote the sport to young girls and their mom's.

Comment

Originally posted by Bergey1
            Well, we've all seen the Michael Phelps diet! I'd be willing to bet he actually eat McDonalds. However, I've seen it during ice skating and I highly doubt those girls eat McDonalds.
            In the one McDonalds Commercial where the goalie is trying to use a straw, isn't that Angela R. sitting by the window eating with a white USA vest on in the last clip of that commercial?

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
              We Canadians are hoping all U.S. Olympians are scarfing down Mickie Ds..!!!
              But in reality...I doubt it. It's pure crap!
              McDonalds...the great American equalizer...I'm lovin it!

Hey Vetter.....want some fries with that?

Comment

Originally Posted by gojackets

Good commercial and McDonald's even opted to have the players participate without face cages so that they can scarf down those nuggets at a faster pace. At least they could have had them wear a half cage.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar3535 View Post
                  In the one McDonalds Commercial where the goalie is trying to use a straw, isn't that Angela R. sitting by the window eating with a white USA vest on in the last clip of that commercial?
                  Difficult to tell, as they only show a partial profile, but you could be right. I reviewed it several times and it does look like her!
                  There is no right way to do the wrong thing.

U19AAAA Forever!

Comment

Originally posted by vellnueve View Post
                    Maybe they do.
                    Right. Isn't that a primary benefit of all that working out, competing and burnin' huge amounts of calories every stinkin' day...so you can consume chicken McNuggets and other fabulous McD quisine, both guilt and worry free? I bet they drink LARGE choco shakes too.
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Not to be too conspiratorial but...

Why is it that since this thread was introduced, the ad shown at the top is for McNuggets????

Comment

Originally posted by futurestar View Post
                        Not to be too conspiratorial but...

Why is it that since this thread was introduced, the ad shown at the top is for McNuggets????
                        Mine says Cougarlife.com

Comment

My daughter sent me the Proctor & Gamble....figure skater, speed skater, hockey players, etc and the punch line is something like: "they will always be kids to their moms"

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                            Mine says Cougarlife.com
                            What ads at the top?

It couldn't be that there is anyone on the internet that doesn't employ an ad blocker in their browser, could it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
                              What ads at the top?

It couldn't be that there is anyone on the internet that doesn't employ an ad blocker in their browser, could it?
                              Probably a Canadian thing...we don't get your Superbowl commercials either.

Comment

Working...
                              X