Pages : 1 [2] 3

Rogie21
02-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Update

Gaudet-Bonino-Chiasson
Z.Cohen-Connolly-Saponari

slurpees
02-26-2010, 09:10 PM
how bad was this cold bug that hit our guys? they look sluggish and actually kind of sick. i know something was going around campus and it was rather bad, i actually caught a bad case of it myself this week

Terrier520
02-26-2010, 09:48 PM
Slurpees: how long did the bug last for you? Is this the type of thing that lots of rest tomorrow can cure, or at least get them back to 90%?

slurpees
02-26-2010, 11:18 PM
i missed two days of work but the second was more because i couldnt sleep. but the worst of the symptoms probably lasted 24 to 36 hours. i couldnt work out at the gym at 100% for 2 or 3 days. I had it bad though.

Norwich Third Bencher
02-27-2010, 02:21 PM
What? No mention of the drubbing the Cats handed out to BU last night? Still talking about beer? Still wondering about that little Italian place? I'm guessing it's Boves. Great lasagna and other stuff.

BTW, the Cats beat BU like a red-headed stepchild. They beat BU like a fox caught in the chicken coop. They beat BU like ...

Well, you get the picture. At one point near the end of the game BU was skating 5 on 3 and then 6 on 4 and still couldn't score.

Go Cats GO! One more time!

:D

snwbrdr
02-27-2010, 02:35 PM
the Italian place is definitely Bove's if its in Burlington. Try the Lasagna. To die for.

The Alchemist is WAY WAY better than the Shed - for both food and beer

The Upper Deck Pub is way too crowded on Friday nights

No sense in shoveling, it'll be melted before game time Sunday

Great game by the Cats on Friday night. Hopefully they can put forth another good effort and get onto more solid footing for a playoff spot. They still need two points more than BU does.

Terrierbyassociation
02-27-2010, 02:41 PM
Before the game they mentioned that the team was sick. Then they came out and looked like it.

Gibber
02-27-2010, 05:10 PM
Could it be Papa Franks also in Winooski and Peking Duck House....i'm guessing it is, they're both great.

Definitely Papa Franks... can't remember if thats the Chinese place, but I think that is it too! Yum :)

25 N Countin'
02-27-2010, 06:00 PM
What? No mention of the drubbing the Cats handed out to BU last night? Still talking about beer? Still wondering about that little Italian place? I'm guessing it's Boves. Great lasagna and other stuff.

BTW, the Cats beat BU like a red-headed stepchild. They beat BU like a fox caught in the chicken coop. They beat BU like ...

Well, you get the picture. At one point near the end of the game BU was skating 5 on 3 and then 6 on 4 and still couldn't score.

It would hurt more if that had happened in the Frozen Four, but it didn't. We'll get over it.

buoldtimer
02-27-2010, 07:45 PM
how bad was this cold bug that hit our guys? they look sluggish and actually kind of sick. i know something was going around campus and it was rather bad, i actually caught a bad case of it myself this week

The BU coach didn't refer to bugs or colds or illness.

Federal League
02-28-2010, 09:11 AM

I was told between the 2nd and 3rd periods that it wasn't that big of an issue. The person I talked to said that some guys were certainly still feeling the effects of the bug, but that it wasn't bad enough to explain their performance.

Also, we're gonna have a live blog of today's women's playoff game, too, so feel free to check that out.

Edit: I thought this was the BU season thread. That's what I get for posting while lying in bed still half-asleep.

Onion Man
02-28-2010, 10:37 AM

Easy, man. No one respects UVM, so unpuff your chest.

steakbomb
02-28-2010, 12:07 PM

I quite prefer discussions about good italian food over discussions about 7-3 losses. Anyway, a huge two points available today for both clubs. BTW, there is some other televised hockey game today. The contestants and the significance escape me at the moment. Remote controls were made for days like today. Yes, despite what wives and girlfriends believe, you can watch 2 hockey games at once.

Rogie21
02-28-2010, 12:53 PM
If your cable system doesn't get ESPNU, you can watch online via
http://www.channelsurfing.net/

mookie1995
02-28-2010, 04:26 PM

is a banner going up for this one? right below the Moral Victory banner?

sterlippo1
02-28-2010, 04:59 PM
If your cable system doesn't get ESPNU, you can watch online via
http://www.channelsurfing.net/

anyone know why after the first period that the game isnt on this channel surfing link? i just keep seeing melo , wade and lebron in a still ???

Carmine Scarpaglia
02-28-2010, 05:49 PM
UVM will undoubtedly be raising a banner for this weekend!

Onion Man
02-28-2010, 06:57 PM
UVM will undoubtedly be raising a banner for this weekend!

And then come Monday, they'll take it down, roll it up and smoke it.

UVM Cat in Texas
02-28-2010, 08:21 PM
And then come Monday, they'll take it down, roll it up and smoke it.
Yuk, yuk--that's a real knee slapper, that one is.....

Onion Man
02-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Yuk, yuk--that's a real knee slapper, that one is.....

It's funny because it's true. Loved the UVM burnout giving the finger to the NESN camera on Friday night. Naturally, his fingertips were yellow because of, well, you know why...