PDA

View Full Version : Denver comes to Mankato - 2/26-27

Pages : [1] 2 3

MavsFan
02-21-2010, 02:33 AM
The Mavs showed some signs of life this weekend. Will they show up against the Pioneers?

UnWanted22
02-21-2010, 04:31 PM
It is time for the annual college hockey trip for 6 guys from Rochester MN....this year....Denver at Mankato - 2/26-27 ....We need your help....Where do we go for food and beer before and after the game?

You know it is us when you see Badger fans with Gopher fans with Sioux fans.....We are staying at the Mankato City Center Hotel ....

Thanks for the Help.....

MavsFan
02-21-2010, 11:49 PM
It is time for the annual college hockey trip for 6 guys from Rochester MN....this year....Denver at Mankato - 2/26-27 ....We need your help....Where do we go for food and beer before and after the game?There are several good places within walking distance of your hotel. Blue Bricks, Pub 500, Rounders, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Hazzard's are all within sight of each other, and all about a block from the hotel.

UnWanted22
02-22-2010, 08:23 AM
There are several good places within walking distance of your hotel. Blue Bricks, Pub 500, Rounders, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Hazzard's are all within sight of each other, and all about a block from the hotel.

Thanks....Any good place for fish on friday night?

MavsFan
02-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Thanks....Any good place for fish on friday night?
Pub 500 has excellent fish baskets, including walleye. Fish is their specialty.

du78
02-23-2010, 08:33 AM
Injuries for DU Per Gwoz - Nutini likely out this weekend with an ankle injury suffered last weekend. Jesse Martin continues to recover from a shoulder injury and is questionable.

Ralphie
02-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Injuries for DU Per Gwoz - Nutini likely out this weekend with an ankle injury suffered last weekend. Jesse Martin continues to recover from a shoulder injury and is questionable.

The news on Nutini is good to hear...at least that the injury wasn't more significant. It looked like it could have been season ending after it happened. To me, the fact that he is "likely out" means he could play again soon.

Skeeterman
02-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Just for this weekend, I hope the Mavs can do some damage against Denver, and get some points.

DenverGoldJersey
02-23-2010, 12:34 PM
just looking at the team's records and over all seasons I would say Denver Sweep, however this is the house of horrors we are playing in so I'm expecting some strange games.
Denver 3 points in a weird series

co14ers
02-23-2010, 03:11 PM
The news on Nutini is good to hear...at least that the injury wasn't more significant. It looked like it could have been season ending after it happened. To me, the fact that he is "likely out" means he could play again soon.

Gwoz said on Denver radio last night that Nutini's injury was worse than the medical staff originally thought and he could be out as long as 4 weeks.

co14ers
02-23-2010, 03:13 PM
just looking at the team's records and over all seasons I would say Denver Sweep, however this is the house of horrors we are playing in so I'm expecting some strange games.

Heck, I'd take zero points and no injuries based on recent history.

redheadzeb
02-23-2010, 04:24 PM

If DU can score on the PP, they should walk away with 4 points. If you get sucked into the physical play that leads to 4x4 hockey, then MSU *could* level the field a bit, IMHO. However, Chevy is awsome, so there is that, too.

On the other hand, the MW/Altel/Verizon [Civic] Center has not been good to the Pios.

Still, Denver is the better team. I'll pick DU to sweep, but wouldn't be surprised by anything.

How's that for wishy-washy? :D ;)

All I really wanted was a quick checkmark to follow the thread, anyway :)

du78
02-23-2010, 04:31 PM
Heck, I'd take zero points and no injuries based on recent history.

I agree with you, no injuries. That is where Ruegs got hurt and missed a good part of his his Soph year. I hope Swami lets his dog go on a vacation this weekend. :D ;) :rolleyes:

INJURY UPDATE from this weekend's game notes.
Jesse Martin (upper body) is questionable this weekend, while William Wrenn (lower body) and Chris Nutini (lower body) are doubtful.

DU Game Notes (http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=18600&ATCLID=204894115)

Puck Swami
02-23-2010, 06:29 PM
I hope Swami lets his dog go on a vacation this weekend. :D ;) :rolleyes:

The dog was on vacation last week at Camp Bow Wow while I was in Vancouver. :cool:

This weekend, the dog will be home wearing her helmet. And Mrs. Swami will be waiting with a large stick should I get out of line again...

state of hockey
02-23-2010, 07:59 PM
I know the ridiculous meltdown for Denver happened in Mankato, but I also remember Denver stomping Mankato 7-0 once there as well. I decided to actually see how the Pios have done in that arena all-time.

6-8-2.

So, yeah. It has indeed been a rough place. I thought they would be .500 at least.

Puck Swami
02-23-2010, 09:17 PM
I know the ridiculous meltdown for Denver happened in Mankato, but I also remember Denver stomping Mankato 7-0 once there as well. I decided to actually see how the Pios have done in that arena all-time.

6-8-2.

So, yeah. It has indeed been a rough place. I thought they would be .500 at least.

Chamber of Horrors. MSUM is a relentless team.

du78
02-24-2010, 08:31 AM
No TV this weekend. This is only the 2nd series of the year in which none of the games are televised or videocast by DU. The other was UMD on the road. In total only 6 DU games all season have not been televised or videocast by DU. I guess we will all be listening to Jay and Sandy.

CavalryNate
02-24-2010, 01:00 PM
No TV this weekend. This is only the 2nd series of the year in which none of the games are televised or videocast by DU. The other was UMD on the road. In total only 6 DU games all season have not been televised or videocast by DU. I guess we will all be listening to Jay and Sandy.

Unsat...

Seriously, the #1 College Hockey team in the nation is not televised, while I could flip thru the channels at any given time and find a dozen programs featuring teen moms, midgets, homosexuals or even basketball??? :confused:

This country is going straight to hell. :rolleyes:

Puck Swami
02-24-2010, 01:07 PM
I could flip thru the channels at any given time and find a dozen programs featuring teen moms, midgets, homosexuals or even basketball??? :confused:

College hockey can't compete with any of those, ratings-wise. :mad:

state of hockey
02-24-2010, 02:03 PM
Just imagine if there was a hockey game involving homosexual teen midget moms. :eek: