Denver comes to Mankato - 2/26-27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver comes to Mankato - 2/26-27

The Mavs showed some signs of life this weekend. Will they show up against the Pioneers?
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Re: Denver comes to Mankato - 2/26-27

It is time for the annual college hockey trip for 6 guys from Rochester MN....this year....Denver at Mankato - 2/26-27 ....We need your help....Where do we go for food and beer before and after the game?

You know it is us when you see Badger fans with Gopher fans with Sioux fans.....We are staying at the Mankato City Center Hotel ....

Thanks for the Help.....
    Yearly College Hockey Trips
    St. Cloud - Best Bar (Red Carpet)
    North Dakota - First Jägerbomb
    Northern Michigan - Friendliest Hockey Fans (tink-tink-ta-tink)
    Michigan Tech - Best Ice Sculptures
    Mankato - Denver wins the cup in OT
    Nebraska-Omaha - Biggest Weiner
    Bemidji State - Best Beaver Tour
    Duluth - Sandman KO'd but wins on a DQ
    St. Cloud - Great Band
    Northern Michigan - She gave my beads back

Comment

Originally posted by UnWanted22 View Post
      It is time for the annual college hockey trip for 6 guys from Rochester MN....this year....Denver at Mankato - 2/26-27 ....We need your help....Where do we go for food and beer before and after the game?
      There are several good places within walking distance of your hotel. Blue Bricks, Pub 500, Rounders, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Hazzard's are all within sight of each other, and all about a block from the hotel.
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
        There are several good places within walking distance of your hotel. Blue Bricks, Pub 500, Rounders, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Hazzard's are all within sight of each other, and all about a block from the hotel.
        Thanks....Any good place for fish on friday night?
        Yearly College Hockey Trips
        St. Cloud - Best Bar (Red Carpet)
        North Dakota - First Jägerbomb
        Northern Michigan - Friendliest Hockey Fans (tink-tink-ta-tink)
        Michigan Tech - Best Ice Sculptures
        Mankato - Denver wins the cup in OT
        Nebraska-Omaha - Biggest Weiner
        Bemidji State - Best Beaver Tour
        Duluth - Sandman KO'd but wins on a DQ
        St. Cloud - Great Band
        Northern Michigan - She gave my beads back

Comment

Originally posted by UnWanted22 View Post
          Thanks....Any good place for fish on friday night?
          Pub 500 has excellent fish baskets, including walleye. Fish is their specialty.

Comment

Injuries for DU Per Gwoz - Nutini likely out this weekend with an ankle injury suffered last weekend. Jesse Martin continues to recover from a shoulder injury and is questionable.
            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
              Injuries for DU Per Gwoz - Nutini likely out this weekend with an ankle injury suffered last weekend. Jesse Martin continues to recover from a shoulder injury and is questionable.
              The news on Nutini is good to hear...at least that the injury wasn't more significant. It looked like it could have been season ending after it happened. To me, the fact that he is "likely out" means he could play again soon.

Comment

Just for this weekend, I hope the Mavs can do some damage against Denver, and get some points.
                Bob is making me concerned
                I am the voice of reason

Comment

just looking at the team's records and over all seasons I would say Denver Sweep, however this is the house of horrors we are playing in so I'm expecting some strange games.
                  Denver 3 points in a weird series
                  I'm the guy with the gold jersey in Magness, who is probably drunk or at least getting in trouble for obscene cheers.

"You all saw what happened. Stick down, gloves off, He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names, CALLED US NAMES!"

CC's titles are older than NASA

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                    The news on Nutini is good to hear...at least that the injury wasn't more significant. It looked like it could have been season ending after it happened. To me, the fact that he is "likely out" means he could play again soon.
                    Gwoz said on Denver radio last night that Nutini's injury was worse than the medical staff originally thought and he could be out as long as 4 weeks.
                    DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                    sigpic
                    WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DenverGoldJersey View Post
                      just looking at the team's records and over all seasons I would say Denver Sweep, however this is the house of horrors we are playing in so I'm expecting some strange games.
                      Heck, I'd take zero points and no injuries based on recent history.
                      DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                      sigpic
                      WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DenverGoldJersey View Post
                        If DU can score on the PP, they should walk away with 4 points. If you get sucked into the physical play that leads to 4x4 hockey, then MSU *could* level the field a bit, IMHO. However, Chevy is awsome, so there is that, too.

On the other hand, the MW/Altel/Verizon [Civic] Center has not been good to the Pios.

Still, Denver is the better team. I'll pick DU to sweep, but wouldn't be surprised by anything.

How's that for wishy-washy?

All I really wanted was a quick checkmark to follow the thread, anyway
                        Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
                        Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
                          Heck, I'd take zero points and no injuries based on recent history.
                          I agree with you, no injuries. That is where Ruegs got hurt and missed a good part of his his Soph year. I hope Swami lets his dog go on a vacation this weekend.

INJURY UPDATE from this weekend's game notes.
                          Jesse Martin (upper body) is questionable this weekend, while William Wrenn (lower body) and Chris Nutini (lower body) are doubtful.

DU Game Notes
                          Last edited by du78; 02-23-2010, 04:36 PM.
                          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                            I hope Swami lets his dog go on a vacation this weekend.

The dog was on vacation last week at Camp Bow Wow while I was in Vancouver.

This weekend, the dog will be home wearing her helmet. And Mrs. Swami will be waiting with a large stick should I get out of line again...

Comment

I know the ridiculous meltdown for Denver happened in Mankato, but I also remember Denver stomping Mankato 7-0 once there as well. I decided to actually see how the Pios have done in that arena all-time.

6-8-2.

So, yeah. It has indeed been a rough place. I thought they would be .500 at least.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                              X