Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Colgate & Cornell (2/26, 2/27)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI & Union @ Colgate & Cornell (2/26, 2/27)

The last weekend of the ECAC season.

Will Allen York be back in RPI's net?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI & Union @ Colgate & Cornell (2/26, 2/27)

Not very encouraging after throwing in a real stinker against Princeton. Going to need to play consistently better next weekend as both teams are too good for us to beat without our absolute A Game.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Hopefully, no one was suspended from the incident at the 20 minute mark.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RPI & Colgate are tied for 4th, SLU is a point behind in 5th.

It's Cap Dist v. Central NY and North Country v. Harvard & Dartmouth. Predictable???

Incident at game's end??? What happened?
        Here we come!

Comment

There was a brawl in front of the RPI bench.

11 penalties handed out according to the box score:

Princeton took 5 penalties,: 2 roughs, 1 cross-check, and Kleebaum took a rough and face mask (major)
          RPI took 6: D'Amigo took a double minor (elbow, rough), Polacek and Helfrich each got a rough, and Bergin took a rough and a face mask (major)

No DQs handed out at the game though.
          www.rpitv.org/productions/

Comment

Major fight right at the RPI bench. 28 PIM handed out. But, only 2 majors Kleebaum and Bergin. Box score didn't have any game misconducts or disqualifications, so it'll all be on the league offices if suspensions are handed out.

This weekend is going to be huge. The two teams tied for 2nd and the teams tied for 4th face off on Friday night. Ties will not be good enough for the Capital District teams. I'm hoping to make the trip to Lynah. Hopefully the boys can put up a good performance that night.
            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

To cross post from the RPI thread, the Engineers can wrap up 4th place and a first round bye on Friday with a win vs. Colgate and a SLU loss. The RPI-Colgate match-up would go to the 3rd tiebreaker, record vs. top 4 teams. RPI's record is 2-4-0, while Colgate's is 0-4-1. Thus, no matter the score of Saturday's Colgate-Union game, a win on Friday ensures the Engineers of the crucial tiebreaker against the Raiders.
              Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Hopefully, no one was suspended from the incident at the 20 minute mark.
                Incident? Does this mean some RPI players will be suspended for Friday's game @ Colgate???

Luckily for Colgate, they've earned 3 pts or better when hosting the CD teams since at least the 2003-04 season. The winner of Friday's matchup will have the inside track at 4th place and the bye.

Fortunately for Union, they've locked up a top-3 finish, so their game at Starr Rink won't have any major playoff implications, especially since their fans view Colgate's home ice as some sort of "mausoleum" or "temple of doom" or "palace of death" ...
                Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                  Incident? Does this mean some RPI players will be suspended for Friday's game @ Colgate???
                  See:

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                  Major fight right at the RPI bench. 28 PIM handed out. But, only 2 majors Kleebaum and Bergin. Box score didn't have any game misconducts or disqualifications, so it'll all be on the league offices if suspensions are handed out.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In case anyone was wondering if the RPI/Colgate game is important, I direct your attention to http://www.playoffstatus.com/ecachoc...selaermig.html

On the importance scale of 0-100, the game is listed as "108".
                    APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                      In case anyone was wondering if the RPI/Colgate game is important, I direct your attention to http://www.playoffstatus.com/ecachoc...selaermig.html

On the importance scale of 0-100, the game is listed as "108".
                      It's a "114" if you check the ECAC MIG page.

Number 53 on the list of reasons why I don't trust playoffstatus.com
                      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Luckily for Colgate, they've earned 3 pts or better when hosting the CD teams since at least the 2003-04 season. The winner of Friday's matchup will have the inside track at 4th place and the bye.
                        And the loser is eliminated from getting a bye.

3 points won't be good enough for Colgate (or RPI for that matter) if SLU sweeps Dart/Harv at home, which I expect them to do.

Comment

Luckily for Colgate, they've earned 3 pts or better when hosting the CD teams since at least the 2003-04 season.
                          One openly wonders what that has to do with this season.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            The last weekend of the ECAC season.

Will Allen York be back in RPI's net?
                            york could have played last weekend but the coaches wouldnt let him... they said playoffs were more important.

lets just hope we still pull out the bye.
                            I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                              And the loser is eliminated from getting a bye.

3 points won't be good enough for Colgate (or RPI for that matter) if SLU sweeps Dart/Harv at home, which I expect them to do.
                              SLU is winless in 7 games. Yes they are at home but it would not surprise me if Harvard or DC knocked them off in one of the games.

Aside from the RPI game and RIT, all of Colgate's wins are against teams that are below 500. If York were 100% healthy, I would predict a solid win on the order of 4-1 or so. I still see an RPI win and 4th place finish regardless of what happens in Ithaca.

If I had my choice, I think I would take a 5th place finish with 'Gate finishing 4th though. Our team is young and a playoff series at home against #12 before a best of 3 in Starr is just as desirable as sitting out the 1st round and then playing a playoff tested 5th place team (assuming no upsets of course). We seem to play better on the road anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                              X