Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Colgate & Cornell (2/26, 2/27)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI & Union @ Colgate & Cornell (2/26, 2/27)

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
    No slight intended, but I had a chance to watch some of the BRF on TW3 last night, and RPI REALLY needs York in goal this weekend.
    Well, if as you say, you actually watched the game, you'd have seen the loss went far beyond who was in between the pipes.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

****. I have tickets to the Union/Cornell game tomorrow at Lynah but it is a blizzard across the entire state of New York right now and it's supposed to continue into tomorrow. I was going to drive back right after the game. Now I don't know what I'm going to do.
      LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
        ****. I have tickets to the Union/Cornell game tomorrow at Lynah but it is a blizzard across the entire state of New York right now and it's supposed to continue into tomorrow. I was going to drive back right after the game. Now I don't know what I'm going to do.

Tricky call. Leave today.

Comment

Take it easy on the roads. Either that or get a hotel room in Syracuse, and go to the Union/Colgate game on Saturday. There should be plenty of tickets available.

Plus, around here, the winter storm warning expires at 1PM. Leave early, take it real easy along I-81, and you should be just fine.

Comment

Coming back for my usual annual Cornell weekend. We got the last 4 Union tickets, first row of section O. Should be fun, all of my games as a student or alum have been in the student section, so it'll be interesting to watch from the other side. Assuming, of course, that my flights make it in.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

My senior season it took me almost 5 hours to drive back up I-88 in the middle of an ice storm. My buddy, riding shotgun, was hanging out the window with an ice scraper trying to break up some of the accumulation on the windshield as we crawled along doing about 30 the whole way. It was worth it, though, because we shut Cornell out that night.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

You're all wimps....it's basically playoff hockey !! I believe in central NY the storm warning ends at 7 am. Be there !!
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                  You're all wimps.
                  Ironic statement?

Comment

It’s going to be crazy in Lynah tomorrow. Plenty of distractions for U…a road trip, retiring jerseys, pep band, and the usual Cornell faithful who are ruthless. Plenty to distract the younger players and disrupt the flow. That given, it’s really what happens on the ice that may get to the Dutch. Cornell sports the best goals against average in the league partially because of the play of Scrivens, but more importantly all of the skaters help to create an impenetrable road block in front of their own goal when their opponent manages to control the puck in the offensive end. At their meeting at Messa, Cornell often had all 5 skaters defending below the face-off circles and none were wider then 6’ off the post. They effectively blocked up the center, making it all but impossible to get a puck on goal. U needs to be persistent and not become frustrated running into this wall.

There’s been mention of the young D being able to handle all of the distractions, but that’s not as worrisome as the frustration our attackers may feel not being able to get to the net. U does have the 2nd best GAA in the league and Cornell is not really a scoring machine. Cornell will be focusing on MVT, Walters, and Prez, so it will be the perfect opportunity to watch the Simpsons, Zajac, or Boileau rise to the occasion. The beauty of this team is that they have had so many different scorers, and when one is shut down, another seems to step into the limelight. If the team can manage to stay out of the box and keep and eye on the Nash boys, they should be in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by OsecnUC View Post
                      It’s going to be crazy in Lynah tomorrow. Plenty of distractions for U…a road trip, retiring jerseys, pep band, and the usual Cornell faithful who are predictable.
                      FYP

Comment

Since i can't go to the game I was hoping to catch a video feed online. For the Cornell fans, how is the quality for the one linked off the athletics website? My plan is to use an HDMI cable and run the laptop to the tv.
                        thanks!
                        Last edited by UnionTDX04; 02-25-2010, 07:06 PM.
                        NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: 2014
                        Frozen Four: 2012, 2014
                        ECAC Champs: 2012, 2013, 2014
                        NCAA Appearances: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

OK...Leaving at 1:00 tomorrow and planning on going back after the game ends at 9:30...Hope it works out. Let's go U!
                          LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                            FYP

Comment

FRIDAY’S OFFICIALS: The referees on
                              Friday night are scheduled to be Tim Kotyra
                              and Jeff Zelasko ... The linesmen are Matt
                              Brolsma and Andy Petrus.

Joe Carusone
                              and Tim Kotyra are the referees for Saturday.

We get stuck with Kotyra for the weekend.
                              I think he's employed by Cornell.
                              Last edited by Go Puckman; 02-26-2010, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
                                FRIDAY’S OFFICIALS: The referees on
                                Friday night are scheduled to be Tim Kotyra
                                and Jeff Zelasko ... The linesmen are Matt
                                Brolsma and Andy Petrus.

Joe Carusone
                                and Tim Kotyra are the referees for Saturday.

We get stuck with Kotyra for the weekend.
                                I think he's employed by Cornell.
                                Hopefully the refs will consider themselves lucky they don't have to enter/exit near RPI's fan base. Of course I think they shifted the refs for Freakout because of a certain facebook group. There probably isn't too much danger of that this time, but you never know.

Wasn't Kotyra working the infamous Game 2?

Comment

Working...
                                X