Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Colgate & Cornell (2/26, 2/27)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI & Union @ Colgate & Cornell (2/26, 2/27)

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
    SLU is winless in 7 games. Yes they are at home but it would not surprise me if Harvard or DC knocked them off in one of the games.

Aside from the RPI game and RIT, all of Colgate's wins are against teams that are below 500. If York were 100% healthy, I would predict a solid win on the order of 4-1 or so. I still see an RPI win and 4th place finish regardless of what happens in Ithaca.

If I had my choice, I think I would take a 5th place finish with 'Gate finishing 4th though. Our team is young and a playoff series at home against #12 before a best of 3 in Starr is just as desirable as sitting out the 1st round and then playing a playoff tested 5th place team (assuming no upsets of course). We seem to play better on the road anyhow.

that is a tough call for me.... i think a bye and a top 4 finsih would be so much better. rest our players and york. as long as we dont run into kalemba should be ok vs gate or slu at home march 12th
    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
      ... if SLU sweeps Dart/Harv at home, which I expect them to do.
      SLU is winless in their last six games...including getting waxed at home by Q 5-0.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
        that is a tough call for me.... i think a bye and a top 4 finsih would be so much better. rest our players and york. as long as we dont run into kalemba should be ok vs gate or slu at home march 12th
        I'd take the bye any day of the week. As you said it gives York a week to rehab the ankle and gives the coaches time to address the PP which was, to say the least, tough to watch Sat. night...including 0-2 with a 2 man adv.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
          RPI & Colgate are tied for 4th, SLU is a point behind in 5th.

It's Cap Dist v. Central NY and North Country v. Harvard & Dartmouth. Predictable???

Incident at game's end??? What happened?
          Jerry D. took exception to P'ton trying to run up the score by continuing to pressure and shoot on Harkenrider with less than 1 min. to go . Jerry sent a message and leveled the Princeton shooter with an elbow in front of the RPI bench...

It was not a "brawl" -- in that the benches did not clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            SLU is winless in their last six games...including getting waxed at home by Q 5-0.
            I know. But I still think they'll win both games this weekend. And it will be a tall order for either Colgate or RPI to win 2 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
              Fortunately for Union, they've locked up a top-3 finish, so their game at Starr Rink won't have any major playoff implications, especially since their fans view Colgate's home ice as some sort of "mausoleum" or "temple of doom" or "palace of death" ...
              If Union wins or ties at Lynah on Friday, would have plenty to play for on Saturday.. i.e. a top 2 finish. And, yes, having to win at Starr would definitely have me nervous..
              UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
                If Union wins or ties at Lynah on Friday, would have plenty to play for on Saturday.. i.e. a top 2 finish. And, yes, having to win at Starr would definitely have me nervous..
                A Union win on Friday leaves them with nearly nothing to play for on Saturday. Cornell would be 2 points back and loses the tiebreaker. And, they would likely still be behind Yale, losing the tiebreaker to the Bulldogs.

Any result at Lynah other than a tie renders Saturday's games pretty much meaningless.
                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                  A Union win on Friday leaves them with nearly nothing to play for on Saturday. Cornell would be 2 points back and loses the tiebreaker. And, they would likely still be behind Yale, losing the tiebreaker to the Bulldogs.

Any result at Lynah other than a tie renders Saturday's games pretty much meaningless.
                  Right.. Princeton beating Yale will never happen.. everyone knows the Tigers are an easy W
                  UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
                    Right.. Princeton beating Yale will never happen.. everyone knows the Tigers are an easy W
                    Yale is on a 6-0 tear, is 5-0 in their 5 most recent games against teams from the bottom-half of the conference, and has the offensive firepower to beat anyone in the league twice over (except for RPI, apparently). I'm not saying that it's a guaranteed win. But, we're not talking about the hot-and-cold Engineers here. I also expect Yale to try and clinch the 1 seed on Friday so that they can coast on Saturday.
                    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      The last weekend of the ECAC season.

Will Allen York be back in RPI's net?
                      IMO yes he will, barring any re-tweaking during practice this week. I base this not any inside info, just that he dressed and warmed up in both weekend games.

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                        I know. But I still think they'll win both games this weekend.
                        Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Marsh and his teams - when they're not playing RPI. If the Larries had shown any semblence of consistency in the last two months, I might give a sweep some thought. I'm not buying.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Marsh and his teams - when they're not playing RPI. If the Larries had shown any semblence of consistency in the last two months, I might give a sweep some thought. I'm not buying.
                          I'm in agreement with this. I think this (from the perspective of the entire season) speaks true of several teams in the ECAC. One month they're hot, and the next month they're sea-wrap. SLU, Quinnipiac, Union, even Dartmouth and Brown could be argued on this behalf. That's why there's huge clusters of teams fighting for spots.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                            Yale is on a 6-0 tear, is 5-0 in their 5 most recent games against teams from the bottom-half of the conference, and has the offensive firepower to beat anyone in the league twice over (except for RPI, apparently). I'm not saying that it's a guaranteed win. But, we're not talking about the hot-and-cold Engineers here. I also expect Yale to try and clinch the 1 seed on Friday so that they can coast on Saturday.
                            I've said this about a million times, but this is the ECAC. I've been watching this league for over 20 years and if there's one thing I've learned, it's to never assume that a favorite will win...regular season or playoffs.

That said, I'd still put money on Yale to win, but I'm hoping they don't.
                            Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

kill schafer kill as the chant goes
                              I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

A Yale win vs. Princeton isn't a given...unheralded Colgate topped Yale at the Whale in OT last year on the final RS game of the season

'Gate's pk and pp aren't potent and the goaltending is inconsistent. Home ice advantage at Starr...guess we'll see. Our record at home is solid and our offense is better than most. Like RPI, we've got some good scorers and even our 4th line is making some noise. I hope the Raiders maintain composure and stay out of the box because it could be a one-goal game.
                                C O L G A T E
                                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                                1990 NCAA FINALS
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                                ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                                ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X