PDA

View Full Version : St. Cloud State at Wisconsin - Saturday

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

davearm
02-20-2010, 10:40 PM
You guys need to take a step back and consider how it looks when your team gets outshot 50-23 and outscored 7-4, and here you are pouting about one of your guys getting smoked in a scuffle that he's equally responsible for being involved in.

To borrow a phrase, there's no crying in hockey.

sfo19
02-20-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks Garrett Roe is a victim is an idiot. That guy has a big mouth and brings it on himself. If you're going to be that kind of chirpy player you have to be able to take what gets thrown at you. He shouldn't be surprised when this happens when he plays the way he does.

SiouxFanatic
02-20-2010, 11:02 PM
You guys need to take a step back and consider how it looks when your team gets outshot 50-23 and outscored 7-4, and here you are pouting about one of your guys getting smoked in a scuffle that he's equally responsible for being involved in.

What!?!? Roe is a freaking SAINT. Didn't you know that? :cool:

:rolleyes:

SCSUman66
02-20-2010, 11:29 PM

Yes, since I care so much about what you think of me on a hockey forum... :rolleyes:

I never said that Roe wasn't equally responsible for the scuffle, he started just as much as the Badger player did. Just stating that if you're gonna toss Roe for the rest of the game for getting the worst of the scuffle, even taking shots after the ref had separated the two, then toss the Badger player as well, should be equal punishments. Not like it mattered much with 2min left in the game or so, but still...

SabmanWI
02-21-2010, 01:12 AM
Yes, since I care so much about what you think of me on a hockey forum... :rolleyes:

I never said that Roe wasn't equally responsible for the scuffle, he started just as much as the Badger player did. Just stating that if you're gonna toss Roe for the rest of the game for getting the worst of the scuffle, even taking shots after the ref had separated the two, then toss the Badger player as well, should be equal punishments. Not like it mattered much with 2min left in the game or so, but still...
(Just watched the tape delay broadcast.)

Last home game of the regular season, of course the home player is going to stay out of the locker room for the post-game salute to the fans, etc.

Smith was, if anything, merely tugging at the ref's arm as the ref had Roe down on the ice. He absolutely wasn't swinging. Two tugs and then he was away from the ref and Roe.

Roe was totally the instigator and the main aggressor, going after Smith from behind after Smith had checked Roe near the boards and then leaping at Smith when Smith turned around after the initial penalty was called. That's why Roe got 5 minutes for cross-checking in addition to the double-minor (rough, contact to the head) vs. Smith's double-minor for roughing.