Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

Originally posted by HckyDoc View Post
    That is just the kind of chicken $h*t hit along with the head shots that need to be addressed at all levels of hockey. It is a lack of respect and should not be tolerated. Jones didn't have a chance, Boogard can't keep up and he cheap shots the kid...
    I agree, but at the youth level that hit would of been a game misconduct. Along with head shots USA hockey has done a great job at implementing rules to get those type of plays out of the game. Now the NCAA and professional ranks are more relaxed but you can only hope they will follow suit here soon. Atleast at the youth level USA hockey has done something about it and it seems to be helping.

One thing that I can't believe is that Matt Cooke didn't get suspended for that hit on Marc Savard a couple days ago. He hit him with his shoulder but Savard was in a vulnerable position and Cooke went for his head, those type of hits should be deemed intent to injure and game misconducts along with suspensions should be handed down. But its hits like those why they won't take fighting out of the game, guys deserve to get pumbled after that. Which ticks me off that no Oiler went after boogard, I don't care how big he is stand up for your teamate....
    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...CHAMarch112010

Of course she gets some stats wrong, saying the bucks have never won at the new barn (they have, in fact won 1 game, in 8 tries, and 1 tie also). But she also says that we are "are 7-2-4 against the Buckeyes since and including 2006-07". Actually we are a whopping 12-2-4. How the hell does she miss 5 wins? I guess she slept through the 5-0 season sweep in 07/08.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post

Of course she gets some stats wrong, saying the bucks have never won at the new barn (they have, in fact won 1 game, in 8 tries, and 1 tie also). But she also says that we are "are 7-2-4 against the Buckeyes since and including 2006-07". Actually we are a whopping 12-2-4. How the hell does she miss 5 wins? I guess she slept through the 5-0 season sweep in 07/08.
        "I don’t believe that the top-tier teams are exponentially stronger than the mid-pack teams they’re hosting, except for Miami..."
        Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Hello Redhawks. The Boston Globe actually wrote about hockey west of Amherst ( ) After I picked myself off the ground, I thought I would share this with the fine folks in Ohio.

Enjoy: Miami Scoring on the Rebound

Funny story from Jack Parker at the end of this as well.

PS: I'm on your bandwagon. (Since BU clearly isn't going to repeat.)
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post

Love the suttle shot she took at miami about lossing in the second round last year. Still an OSU homer at heart, this article was very tough to read and I didn't finish it....
            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Apparently Weston got in an edit, and took out her part of never winning at the new Goggin. On the other hand, in her second attempt at getting the 4 year record right, she blows it again. "10-1-3"

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                Hello Redhawks. The Boston Globe actually wrote about hockey west of Amherst ( ) After I picked myself off the ground, I thought I would share this with the fine folks in Ohio.

Enjoy: Miami Scoring on the Rebound

Funny story from Jack Parker at the end of this as well.

PS: I'm on your bandwagon. (Since BU clearly isn't going to repeat.)
                Great article, I appreciate you sharing that with us!

Comment

INCH CCHA awards.
                  http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...-season-recap/

Wingles and Cody on the team. Enrico coach of the year. And Miami the team to beat for the Mason Cup.

Comment

Big Blue all over Sparty tonight. If they can close it out, there's our semifinal matchup. Michigan has been all over the place this year, but the talent is still there. Michigan fan needed a pick-me-up after the Evan Turner debacle anyway.

Also, the at-large bubble has shrunk: Niagara 5, Bemidji 4.

Comment

Originally posted by RicoForPresident View Post
                      Also, the at-large bubble has shrunk: Niagara 5, Bemidji 4.
                      UAH did take 4/6 in the head to head this season but I'm personally pulling for the Purple Eagles - solidarity with our fellow primary colored fowl.

Comment

"Sweep the leg."
                        http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

What a crazy crazy night in college hockey. Not really surprised Bemidji lost, but North Dakota blows out Minny, Michigans blow out of sparty is surprising, Duluth wins in ot, St. Cloud lost in ot, Tech took Denver to the brinks, Yale lost....geez I am missing some too, oh yea Vermont gets smoked....got to love this time of the year in college hockey...

As for Miami's game, what I expected. Even being down 2-1 after the first Miami carried the play. SOG were close through 2 and I found myself asking where OSU got all of those shots because the ice was clearly tilted. Took Miami a period to really get their legs under them but once they got moving in the second that's all she wrote. Would expect more of the same, but OSU will be desperate tonight. Should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                            What a crazy crazy night in college hockey. Not really surprised Bemidji lost, but North Dakota blows out Minny, Michigans blow out of sparty is surprising, Duluth wins in ot, St. Cloud lost in ot, Tech took Denver to the brinks, Yale lost....geez I am missing some too, oh yea Vermont gets smoked....got to love this time of the year in college hockey...

As for Miami's game, what I expected. Even being down 2-1 after the first Miami carried the play. SOG were close through 2 and I found myself asking where OSU got all of those shots because the ice was clearly tilted. Took Miami a period to really get their legs under them but once they got moving in the second that's all she wrote. Would expect more of the same, but OSU will be desperate tonight. Should be interesting.
                            Yale losing is an upset in regards to standings, not so much on the ice though. I called this one a week ago, Brown coming off a road series win against a decent RPI team, and Yale losing one of their only 2 good players by being a dumbass and goofing around at the pool after it was closed. Yale's defence is awful, and their goalies are even worse. Thankfully they'd be in our new bracket right now. Yes please.

Comment

Also, look out Denver. I put something up on MHT about this happening, but given that they are playing Tech, and we're playing Ohio State, that 1 game last night took us to .0001 behind them in RPI. And they were an inch away from going to overtime against the Huskies out in Denver. Another win tonight and regardless of what Denver does we should have our #1 back.

Comment

Remember, if we win out we get that #1 overall anyways... But if we win tonight, we get it too, for now.

A win tonight gets Miami's RPI at 0.5861
                                A Denver win tonight gets them to 0.5849

Comment

Working...
                                X