Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Olympic Hockey - Let's Stick It To The Canucks Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: US Olympic Hockey - Let's Stick It To The Canucks Again!

My final score form the US/Canada game. Wisconsin 3, North America 4. UW almost pulled it off.

Wow. The Canadians will play the Commies in the next round after they slaughter Deutchland? I can't imagine what will happen to Canada if they lose that one. The whole country will implode. Hopefully the UW recruits will get out of the country before than happens.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
      This should help everyone....

*****http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__Rt973W_blQ/S4J1DzYLNWI/AAAAAAAAItE/mkstMTwhUVc/s1600/Olympic%2BDraw.JPG******
      Wow, US definitely has the easiest route to the final, on paper at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        My final score form the US/Canada game. Wisconsin 3, North America 4. UW almost pulled it off.
        So one of the goal scorers last night wasn't from North American?
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
          1 US vs winner of 8 Switzerland 9 Belarus
          2 Sweden vs winner of 7 Slovakia 10 Norway
          3 Russia vs winner of 6 Canada 11 Germany
          4 Finland vs winner of 5 Czech Republic 12 Latvia

What a route to the finals, can't play Russia Sweden or Canada until the gold medal game.
          I'm not looking past the Finns or the Czechs, though. Or the Swiss, for that matter.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            I'm not looking past the Finns or the Czechs, though. Or the Swiss, for that matter.
            The U.S. can't afford to look past Belarus. I hope they recognize the opportunity in front of them and give it everything they have.

Comment

Amazing that either Russia or Canada will not be playing for a medal.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                Amazing that either Russia or Canada will not be playing for a medal.
                Awesome that either Russia or Canada will not be playing for a medal.
                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                  Awesome that either Russia or Canada will not be playing for a medal.
                  Funny how the times have changed as Russia doesn't bother me, but I'd love for Canada to lose to Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    My final score form the US/Canada game. Wisconsin 3, North America 4. UW almost pulled it off. Wow. The Canadians will play the Commies in the next round after they slaughter Deutchland? I can't imagine what will happen to Canada if they lose that one. The whole country will implode. Hopefully the UW recruits will get out of the country before than happens.
                    *We better send the Special Operations Units to extricate them NOW. Or just send some Girl Scouts with sling shots...that should be enough firepower.

*Nice win! How much time did UW's Rafalski & Suter log? Holy ****, it seemed like they were out there for 50 minutes. Bobby Ryan? This guy is a stud; too bad he never played NCAA. He would be even better!

*One of the most enjoyable parts of the broadcast? We didn't have to listen to Pierre McQuire's drivel. I saw him between the benches...he must have been with CBC where he should stay. Could you imagine hearing him doing a USA-Canada game on US TV? Oy vey.
                    Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-22-2010, 03:50 PM.
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: US Olympic Hockey - Let's Stick It To The Canucks Again!

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      The U.S. can't afford to look past Belarus. I hope they recognize the opportunity in front of them and give it everything they have.
                      "If you lose this game you'll take it to your ****ing grave! The ****ing grave!"

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                        "If you lose this game you'll take it to your ****ing grave! The ****ing grave!"
                        Yep, pretty much. After beating the Canucks on their home ice, losing to Switzerland or Belarus in the quarters would follow these guys around forever.

Comment

Having a couple days to rest while the others play will be a huge boon as well. I think they could have their hands full in the quarters, but disappointing wouldn't cover the feeling if they lost that one.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

So the two greatest hockey games of all time were not shown live on Network TV in the USA???

It turns out that NBC didn't have Hi-Def equipment needed to televise the game on the network so they couldn't cut away to the game or something-or-other....

The only buzzkill was that NBC, which worries about losing its rear end to the tune of $250 million at these Games, didn't have the foresight to air the resounding moments of an instant classic, its most visible blowtorch. Because the telecast was not done in high-definition -- you pay $2.2 billion for Olympics rights and don't put the Canada-U.S. game in hi-def? -- an American viewer had to have cable network MSNBC to see Miller hold off the Canadians with monstrous late saves, which led to an empty-net goal by Ryan Kesler with 45 seconds left that sent Team USA into its wildest celebration since the Miracle on Ice. The network better have every state-of-the-art gadget in place for the quarterfinals on Wednesday and, if necessary, the semifinals Friday and gold-medal game next Sunday.
                            Last edited by dggoddard; 02-22-2010, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                              So the two greatest hockey games of all time were not shown live on Network TV in the USA???

It turns out that NBC didn't have Hi-Def equipment needed to televise the game on the network so they couldn't cut away to the game or something-or-other....
                              That doesn't make complete sense since the highlights of the game shown later on NBC were in HD.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                                That doesn't make complete sense since the highlights of the game shown later on NBC were in HD.
                                Take it up with Jay Mariotti.

Maybe they got the highlights from CBC.

Comment

Working...
                                X