Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Olympic Hockey - Let's Stick It To The Canucks Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: US Olympic Hockey - Let's Stick It To The Canucks Again!

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    A fan bragging about another team's win is not a stake to the heart. Sorry.
    Another one out from another rock? It's been so quiet this season with you guys all huddled in your bunker.

Not bragging about it. Throwing it back in response to the Kessel vid. One goal in a game that ended up being meaningless ain't much either.

And we beat you guys all three times that season when Elliott was healthy. Nah nah!

Comment

Who replaced Martin on the USA roster when he couldn't play?
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
        Who replaced Martin on the USA roster when he couldn't play?
        Whitney and Gleason replaced Martin and Komisarek.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
          Must have been hard for Kesler to put away Canada in front of (presumably) his NHL home fans. Same with Rafi beating Brodeur, after winning Cups with him.

Then again...
          I don't think that Kesler minded at all. Can't find his exact quote but this was on an Olympic site...

"Meanwhile, the United States and Canada play in men's hockey today, and tensions between the nations are running as high as they have since the South Park movie. American Ryan Kesler put it bluntly, saying "I hate them" more than once before backpedaling on that statement. The U.S. and Canada are both medal contenders, so tensions would run high based only on that fact, but there's certainly a big brother-little brother component to the rivalry as well."

He said more than that and they talked about it on the pre-game.

Comment

•Ryan Whitney and Tim Gleason, were the two defensive injury replacements for Martin and Komisarek
            - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
            Go you Green and White
            Go Bemidji Beavers
            Fight with all your might!
            Rah! Rah! Rah!
            We are here to cheer you
            We are out to win your fame,
            So, Go Bemidji Beavers
            Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
              Whitney and Gleason replaced Martin and Komisarek.
              Thanks
              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                Another one out from another rock? It's been so quiet this season with you guys all huddled in your bunker.
                I haven't gone anywhere. Try to pay better attention.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  I haven't gone anywhere. Try to pay better attention.
                  I keep nodding off...

And I see that your guys are waking up just in time to be a thorn in our side in two weeks.

Finland Vs Sweden starts now! I love the Olympics!

Comment

Looked like a Wisconsin Alumni game out there...
                    Patrick Johnson Bandwagon Member

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
                      ******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MBFk3Ygg0fc&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MBFk3Ygg0fc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"> With the ear cup
                      On this side of the St. Croix we refer to this as "the point" since it's the only one he got against UW in his college career.
                      Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                      2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                      2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                      Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

1 US vs winner of 8 Switzerland 9 Belarus
                        2 Sweden vs winner of 7 Slovakia 10 Norway
                        3 Russia vs winner of 6 Canada 11 Germany
                        4 Finland vs winner of 5 Czech Republic 12 Latvia

What a route to the finals, can't play Russia Sweden or Canada until the gold medal game.

Comment

Completely random, and I'm sure a lot of you already knew this, but John Harrington is the coach for Slovenia...huh? lol

Comment

Mcfar, are you sure that they don't re-seed after each round, similar to the college conference tournaments?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Mcfar, are you sure that they don't re-seed after each round, similar to the college conference tournaments?
                              Don't think so. NBC already had it that Canada has to win the "play-in" game, then Russia. I like your idea in case of upsets.

Still, don't consider the road easy. I'm sure the Swiss (I am assuming higher seeds to advance) will be formidable, and the Finn/Czech winner won't be a walk. Then Sweden/Russia/Canada for Gold.

I'd like to see the team at least medal, and no modern Gold medal winner has been undefeated. Tall task.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                This should help everyone....

*****http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__Rt973W_blQ/S4J1DzYLNWI/AAAAAAAAItE/mkstMTwhUVc/s1600/Olympic%2BDraw.JPG******

Comment

Working...
                                X