The UND Discussion Thread - We Miss Chay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The UND Discussion Thread - We Miss Chay

the guys looked like they were really having fun out there just scoring at will. Let's hope they rediscovered the fun side of hockey.
    Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      It will be fun to see them play for UND next year. It's probably happened before, but it certainly has to be rare for a school to have a son playing on a men's D-1 team and a daughter (to say nothing of two) playing for the same school's girls hockey team.
      While I would agree that it is probably rare, Wisconsin had the Burish siblings win titles for both the men's and women's teams in 2006. As a Gopher fan I certainly hope that isn't repeated by the Sioux anytime soon

Comment

Recruit Update:

Colten St. Clair, Fargo (USHL) - 39gp, 12g, 14a, 26pts
        Michael Parks, Cedar Rapids (USHL) - 38gp, 7g, 11a, 18pts
        Nick Mattson, Indiana (USHL) - 33gp, 4g, 7a, 11pts
        Danny Mattson, Chicago (USHL) - 40gp, 9g, 12a, 21pts
        Derek Rodwell, Okotoks (AJHL) - 52gp, 17g, 33a, 50pts
        Dillon Simpson, Spruce Grove (AJHL) - 56gp, 11g, 27a, 38pts
        Derek Forbort, NTDP U18 - 47gp, 4g, 16a, 20pts
        Brendan O'Donnell, Winnipeg S Blues (MJHL) - 52gp, 29g, 31a, 60pts
        Brock Nelson, Warroad (MNHS) - 24gp, 38g, 31a, 69pts
        Zane Gothberg, TRF (MNHS) - 24gp, 15 win/7 loss/1 tie, 3 SO, 1.87 GAA, .920 save %

Big weeks:
        Rodwell - 3gp - 2g/1a for 3pts
        O'Donnell - 4gp - 3g/2a for 5pts
        Nelson - 2gp - 4g/3a for 7pts
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Have any of you ever e-mailed the sports information people at UND and gotten a response? I ask only because a few weeks ago I sent of an e-mail to Jayson Hajdu about a personal pet peeve of mine (the difference in the official series records between UND and MN) and received nothing in return.

Granted, it's not like I send them a million bucks every year, but I thought I'd at least get some sort of acknowledgment of receipt of the e-mail.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

As noted by Chris at WCH, UND recruit Derek Forbort is Rivals College Hockey 24/7 top ranked recruit for 2010.

Rivals Top 10

WCH Blog
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Brad is reporting his sources tell him the WCHA wants to suspend Mario Lamoureux for his attempt to get Marvin to fight last weekend. Apparently UND has appealed. I imagine a suspension will bring a few howls.

Possible Lamoureux Suspension

Comment

Article on VV in the Herald:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/151544
                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                  You should go back to the old title. Seeing as it's the North Dakota thread, I felt an [sic] of 'dick suction' was the more appropriate thread title.

Anyway, carry on with your talk of rapes and battering women.
                  We were just about to talk about battered women, sorry for the delay. It seems another Sioux alum is in favor of battering women, head coach Dean Blais and his UNO Mavericks battered the women from Michigan 4-3 Friday and 4-1 Saturday in Omaha to set themselves up for a first round bye in the CCHA playoffs. No word yet regarding the battered "Maize" women since reporters are not allowed inside the Shelter for Battered Women.
                  "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                  Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                  The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                  Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    Brad is reporting his sources tell him the WCHA wants to suspend Mario Lamoureux for his attempt to get Marvin to fight last weekend. Apparently UND has appealed. I imagine a suspension will bring a few howls.

Possible Lamoureux Suspension
                    He is going to get the same suspension Marvin got and he didn't do anything. It just doesn't make sense. Trying to do something is not a penalty.

Comment

Sounds like Mario will be out for Friday's game. I'm ok with that (even if it doesn't make too much sense being that no fight actually occurred)...but nothing for Marvin, who also dropped the gloves, or for Hepp, who came off the bench to join the festivities on Saturday? Something strange about that.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

The official announcement:

The WCHA has announced one-game suspensions to UND's Mario Lamoureux and St. Cloud State's Chris Hepp.

The release says that Lamoureux was suspended for "violating the WCHA Code of Conduct/Sportsmanship Rules."

It says Hepp was suspended for violating "NCAA playing rules."
                        So Mario got one for "instigating" a fight that never happened and Hepp got one for coming off the bench.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

These off ice shenanigans the WCHA always likes to pull would be alot more fun if they didn't interfere with a good hockey game.
                          Remember when you were young? You shined like the sun...

Comment

how can the WCHA NOT suspend Gwozdecky for his antics? How can they not suspend Marvin for a brutal hit that has possibly destroyed a player's career? Yet they suspend Mario for a fight that didn't happen?

What an embarrassment for the WCHA
                            Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

If you raise your stick up and think about slashing an opponent do you get a 2minute minor if you don't actually do it?

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                                So Mario got one for "instigating" a fight that never happened and Hepp got one for coming off the bench.
                                A one-game suspension seems a steep price to pay for a minor penalty.

HR-76 RULE 6 / PLAYING RULES
                                Instigating
                                SECTION 28. When an altercation results in penalties on both teams and,
                                in the opinion of the official, one player was instrumental in starting the
                                altercation, that player shall receive an additional penalty for instigating.
                                PENALTY—Minor.
                                Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Working...
                                X