NCHA Peters Cup Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCHA Peters Cup Playoffs

Figured it could use a new/it's own thread.

1st Round Playoff Matchups
    #1 St. Norbert - Bye
    #7 UW-Superior at #2 St. Scholastica
    #6 UW-Eau Claire at #3 UW-River Falls
    #5 UW-Stevens Point at #4 UW-Stout

Discuss away!
    Wormser - Rowdy Crowd
    2008-2009 D-II/III Last Person Standing Champion
    2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion
    2007-2008 D-II/III Last Person Standing Runner Up
    "...maybe I should be surprised about this, but then again, we are the Rowdy Crowd - everyone wants a piece. We are awesome." ~XYZ

Re: NCHA Peters Cup Playoffs

I still maintain SNC has the weakest opponent this weekend and will have no trouble advancing to the semifinals. And, with what Eau Claire did at Superior two years ago, I wouldn't be surprised to see them slip past UWRF, but don't count on it. I pick Stevens Point over Stout, but that could go either way. And I pick CSS over UWS.

So then, for the semifinals, we have Stevens Point @ SNC, and UWRF @ CSS. SNC is the easy pick. River Falls really could take the Saints, but with a season series as volatile as theirs (5-0, 5-5, 0-6), who knows? I lean towards St. Scholastica, although both are young teams and are quite capable of losing.

That leaves us with CSS @ SNC in a rematch of the 06-07 final. No Kyle Jones should make this a great game, winnable by either team. Both Kleiman and O'Brien are hot right now, and CSS has seen some success at the CCC as of late. The Saints 8 or so seniors are a year removed from a disappointing NCAA game last year, so when it's all said and done, who knows?

I'd go with SNC. And knowing the NCHA, CSS@SNC round 4 won't even happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      That leaves us with CSS @ SNC in a rematch of the 06-07 final. No Kyle Jones should make this a great game, winnable by either team. Both Kleiman and O'Brien are hot right now, and CSS has seen some success at the CCC as of late. The Saints 8 or so seniors are a year removed from a disappointing NCAA game last year, so when it's all said and done, who knows?

I'd go with SNC. And knowing the NCHA, CSS@SNC round 4 won't even happen.
      So, do all rounds have the 2 game/mini game format or is it just the 1st?
      Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
      08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
      2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

Originally posted by nysportsfan29 View Post
        So, do all rounds have the 2 game/mini game format or is it just the 1st?
        Just the first.
        “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
        19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

In the opening round I see CSS beating Superior, even though Superior is playing better CSS will move on.

In the EC vs RF series I think that Eau Claire will make it a very interesting series, but it will all depend on which River Falls team shows up to the rink, but in the end I see River Falls winning but in the mini-game

In the Stout vs Point series I see it coming down to goaltending and special teams for both teams. If Lescovich or Hopper play well Stout will advance easily. But I do see this being a very tight series with Stout pulling out the win in the series.

In the 2nd Round we have:

SNC vs Stout and CSS vs RF

As much as I'd like to see Stout pull the upset SNC is a very powerful team and should advance to the NCHA Finals unless something drastic happens.

In the CSS/RF series I see CSS pulling out the win because of the goaltending of CSS.

In the Final:
          CSS @ SNC

This game will be a very interesting matchup in being a rematch of a few years ago, but SNC has been so dominant this year and I see them taking the Peter's Cup this year.

Much to my dismay of course.
          UW-Stout Hockey 2009 Peters Cup Champions, and Home to the best fans in the land, the Devil's Advocates
          UW-Stout Graduate 2011
          "The Goalie Mask Guy"
          D-1 College Team: Wisconsin Badgers
          NHL Team: Detroit Red Wings

Comment

Originally posted by StoutHockeyFan44 View Post
            In the Stout vs Point series I see it coming down to goaltending and special teams for both teams. If Lescovich or Hopper play well Stout will advance easily. But I do see this being a very tight series with Stout pulling out the win in the series.
            Awfully confident in a team that in the last 5 games (all losses) has scored 4 goals and given up 22 goals. One of those teams is the team that Stout will be playing in the first round, who by the way they lost to 4-0 this past week.
            Last edited by Ozz; 02-16-2010, 03:07 PM.
            Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
            2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=87728&page=2

Comment

It's playoffs, not the second half anymore. Maybe second season. Thanks though.

I think CSS will handle Superior. The only way Superior wins is if they get up on them early... but even then it'll be difficult.

The EC/RF series should be interesting. Eau Claire has been playing well and River Falls will definitely have their hands full. I don't know which way it'll go?

The Point/Stout series will come down to goaltending in my opinion, that and Point keeping Stouts' top line off the board. By no means will anyone advance easily in this one.
                Last edited by Wormser-PointRC; 02-16-2010, 05:57 PM.
                Wormser - Rowdy Crowd
                2008-2009 D-II/III Last Person Standing Champion
                2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion
                2007-2008 D-II/III Last Person Standing Runner Up
                "...maybe I should be surprised about this, but then again, we are the Rowdy Crowd - everyone wants a piece. We are awesome." ~XYZ

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
                  Awfully confident in a team that in the last 5 games (all losses) has scored 4 goals and given up 22 goals. One of those teams is the team that Stout will be playing in the first round, who by the way they lost to 4-0 this past week.
                  I do know we lost for the last few weeks, and that we lost at Point, but I see us doing better at home where we beat point both times this season.
                  UW-Stout Hockey 2009 Peters Cup Champions, and Home to the best fans in the land, the Devil's Advocates
                  UW-Stout Graduate 2011
                  "The Goalie Mask Guy"
                  D-1 College Team: Wisconsin Badgers
                  NHL Team: Detroit Red Wings

Comment

Originally posted by Wormser-PointRC View Post

#1 St. Norbert - Bye
                    #7 UW-Superior at #2 St. Scholastica -
                    Discuss away!
                    #1 St. Norbert - Bye -- Going out on a limb and saying SNC advances this weekend
                    #7 UW-Superior at #2 St. Scholastica - Scholastica but not in a blow out, port battle at its finest
                    #6 UW-Eau Claire at #3 UW-River Falls - Depends who shows up for both teams, I give it to UW-River Falls in mini-game
                    #5 UW-Stevens Point at #4 UW-Stout - Too close to call. UW-Stout out shot UW-Stevens Point this past weekend 36-21 with a great game by Nick Graves (UWSP). Should be a good battle as this seeding match-up usually is.
                    Last edited by BlueDevilRadio; 02-16-2010, 05:58 PM.
                    WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
                    NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
                    WIAC Championships: 10-11
                    NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
                    NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

******* width="445" height="364">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PZVi9XRJ1w8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PZVi9XRJ1w8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364">
                      Last edited by BlueDevilRadio; 02-16-2010, 07:40 PM.

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilRadio View Post
                        ******* width="445" height="364">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ppMQfiahtd4&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ppMQfiahtd4&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364">
                        So you guys do exist! I like the Heckler's hat.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          So you guys do exist! I like the Heckler's hat.
                          They are still all my aliases, don't let the full body man-suits fool you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormser-PointRC View Post

#1 St. Norbert - Bye
                            #7 UW-Superior at #2 St. Scholastica

Discuss away!
                            CSS to get back on track, after their surprising loss to EC last weekend, taking both games from the Jackets.
                            EC will keep it close, but River moves on in two very close contests.
                            Point @ Stout -- Very interesting matchup...both teams have to be disappointed in their regular season results...Agree with Andy, that goal tending will make the difference in this series.
                            Should be a very physical series..penalty boxes may not be big enough. This series could go to the mini-game...
                            SNC Men:
                            Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                            SNC Women:
                            O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilRadio View Post
                              They are still all my aliases, don't let the full body man-suits fool you.
                              That's right. You're not fooling anyone. We all know you just put up the alias' names underneath random guys to throw people off.

In all seriousness, before what game was that little bit filmed?
                              Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
                              08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
                              2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

Working...
                              X