Hail! To those... NMU at Michigan, 2/19-2/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hail! To those... NMU at Michigan, 2/19-2/20

The 'Cats head across the bridge this week to take on the Wolverines in Ann Arbor. NMU is coming off a 6 point weekend at home against Western, while the Maize and Blue return home winless from their final visit to Aromaha.

Play nice, children.
    Last edited by nmupiccdiva; 02-14-2010, 02:17 PM.
    Always a Wildcat...
    Originally posted by Kepler
    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Re: Hail! To those... NMU at Michigan, 2/19-2/20

"Play nice" I like that.

It is coming down to the finish, a couple of wins in the next two weeks will give us some rest and the bye and it is Michigan. Should be a fun week.
    GO CATS GO

JUST BEAT MICHIGAN BABY!

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies!

Comment

Watching the game on FSD on Friday night. Then off to Ann Arbor for Saturday's game. Gotta say thanks to the U of M fan who gave up his second row isle seats in Section 7 for face value. Here come the Wildcats!!
      LIFE LONG NMU FAN & ALUMNI.

Comment

For those not in the Ann Arbor area, don't forget that Friday night is the annual "Wildcat Night Across the Country." The game is on Fox Sports Detroit (plus) and alumni are getting together in 14 different locations to watch the game.

http://webb.nmu.edu/AlumniAssociatio...ight2010.shtml

*****http://www.ccha.com/assets/ad/Feb-19.jpg******
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Friday night is the annual "Wildcat Night Across the Country."
          I would go as far to say "WILDCAT HOCKEY NIGHT ACROSS THE WORLD!!!!!

Big Week for the Cats..... Play Wildcat Hockey, control UM, and the #1 goal is to play our A game and win baby each night...........

LETS GO CATS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kujo/NMU Hockey View Post
            I would go as far to say "WILDCAT HOCKEY NIGHT ACROSS THE WORLD!!!!!

Big Week for the Cats..... Play Wildcat Hockey, control UM, and the #1 goal is to play our A game and win baby each night...........

LETS GO CATS!!!!
            With the wins this weekend, NMU sits in 5th place when comparing points, 4th in winning percentage in the CCHA. Right where preseason polls had us. Yet so many were throwing the team under the bus as recently as a month ago. Did the Cats really play alot better going 3-0-1-1 against Ferris and Western than they did going 0-3-1 vs Miami and Bemidji? Was NMU really alot worse in the 1-1 tie vs Tech than in the 4-0 win over Clarkson and were they so much better taking 5 of 6 points at home against Alaska than in taking two points in Fairbanks? Not really is the answer to all three. Just different circumstances, different travel considertions, different quality of opponents, different results. The only day you can accurately look at the standings and judge if expectations are being met is on the last day. Through the course of a season, you lost some games you may have thought you shoud win, but you also pick up a few wins you may not have expected to. So some may gripe about results against Tech, LSSU and at Omaha, but were we really expecting to not lose even one of 8 games at Minnesota, Notre Dame, Alaska, and Ferris State?

I saw one post last nite that talked of "59:00 of mediocre hockey" last nite. If out shooting the opponent thru 59 minutes by a 36-22 margin, allowing just one goal and creating double the opponents quality scoring opportunities is "mediocre hockey," I'll gladly take it any night of the year!

Here's to an exciting weekend ahead in Ann Arbor! Looking forward to see friends and alumni as well!
            Last edited by davyd83; 02-14-2010, 06:00 PM.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I'm praying for at the very least a split. A sweep by Michigan would be debilitating with the way we've been playing as of late. A sweep by NMU and we're going to be sitting pretty with out eyes on the 1st round bye. I think this all comes down to Stewie. Umich is obviously having a down year and isn't even a TUC, so does that mean that if we beat them twice it actually hurts us?
              TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                For those not in the Ann Arbor area, don't forget that Friday night is the annual "Wildcat Night Across the Country." The game is on Fox Sports Detroit (plus) and alumni are getting together in 14 different locations to watch the game.

http://webb.nmu.edu/AlumniAssociatio...ight2010.shtml

*****http://www.ccha.com/assets/ad/Feb-19.jpg******
                Nashville is the closest to me, but a four hour drive and a day off work not in the cards. They are calling for 5 inches of snow here tonight, which sends all the hillbillys into a tailspin. We may not get into work until Wednesday. UM will be out for blood after a tough weekend. Stewart will need to keep it close early cause the wolves will come out flying.
                Go Cats.
                “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  I saw one post last nite that talked of "59:00 of mediocre hockey" last nite. If out shooting the opponent thru 59 minutes by a 36-22 margin, allowing just one goal and creating double the opponents quality scoring opportunities is "mediocre hockey," I'll gladly take it any night of the year!

Here's to an exciting weekend ahead in Ann Arbor! Looking forward to see friends and alumni as well!
                  Compared to Friday's results, Saturday's results were mediocre. I wasn't dogging the effort of NMU, just the results. Obviously Western shored some things up defensively, but NMU wasn't nearly as dominant Saturday as I saw Friday.

NMU needs to find a way to put teams away on Saturday instead of pulling out 2-1 wins and shootout wins against the cellar of the CCHA.
                  Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by devildog View Post
                    UM will be out for blood after a tough weekend.
                    That hasn't happened all year, I don't see why this weekend would be any different.

Comment

Originally posted by devildog View Post
                      Nashville is the closest to me, but a four hour drive and a day off work not in the cards. They are calling for 5 inches of snow here tonight, which sends all the hillbillys into a tailspin. We may not get into work until Wednesday. UM will be out for blood after a tough weekend. Stewart will need to keep it close early cause the wolves will come out flying.
                      Go Cats.
                      This isn't the UM team that you're used to seeing. It's as if you think they're better than NMU. Remember no team in the CCHA has a better record at Yost than NMU (outside of obviously UM).
                      TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                        Compared to Friday's results, Saturday's results were mediocre. I wasn't dogging the effort of NMU, just the results. Obviously Western shored some things up defensively, but NMU wasn't nearly as dominant Saturday as I saw Friday.

NMU needs to find a way to put teams away on Saturday instead of pulling out 2-1 wins and shootout wins against the cellar of the CCHA.
                        What more could they have done? They ran into a goalie that was as hot Saturday as he was cold Friday.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post

I think it came down to Riley Gill on Saturday. We were getting a lot of quality chances to the net, but he held firm. He definitely got his composure back after a slaughter on Friday, and almost stole some points away from the weekend. He is a talented goalie, but he's inconsistent and I'm sure the coaching at western isn't helping much.

Looking forward to Saturday at Yost!

Comment

Originally posted by DETBrass27 View Post
                            I think it came down to Riley Gill on Saturday. We were getting a lot of quality chances to the net, but he held firm. He definitely got his composure back after a slaughter on Friday, and almost stole some points away from the weekend. He is a talented goalie, but he's inconsistent and I'm sure the coaching at western isn't helping much.

Looking forward to Saturday at Yost!
                            There is far more to judging the quality of your team's play than by simply looking at the final score. I've seen teams play absolutely horribly, catch a break on a call, get a lucky bounce and win, I've also seen the team on the other side of that coin.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              There is far more to judging the quality of your team's play than by simply looking at the final score. I've seen teams play absolutely horribly, catch a break on a call, get a lucky bounce and win, I've also seen the team on the other side of that coin.
                              Maybe I'm too cautious, not having a chance to see the games or hear them, but I'm happy to be able to read this board and also glad to have davyd bring in his eyes and thoughts. Its good to be a Wildcat fan....

LETS GO CATS!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X