Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hail! To those... NMU at Michigan, 2/19-2/20

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
    The 'Cats head across the bridge this week to take on the Wolverines in Ann Arbor. NMU is coming off a 6 point weekend at home against Western, while the Maize and Blue return home winless from their final visit to Aromaha.

Play nice, children.
    'diva, did you want me to finish that song in the title, with the "modified" lyrics?
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      'diva, did you want me to finish that song in the title, with the "modified" lyrics?
      Why? You have me!

Heil to those mother*ers,
      Heil to the those big c*suckers,
      Heil! Heil to Michigan,
      The cesspool of the world!!!

Heil to those masturbators,
      Heil to those donkey rapers,*
      Heil! Heil to Michigan

Heil to those flies and maggots
      Heil to those whores and f*ts
      Heil! Heil to Michigan

Heil to those auto workers,
      Heil to those circle jerkers,
      Heil! Heil to Michigan

*This was modified at the Denver Frozen Four, by yours truly, because "fornicators" is a compliment.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Highlights, postgame with Walt Kyle, recap, and analysis of NMU hockey's series sweep over Western Michigan. Then an interview with Andrew Cherniwchan and Tyler Gron.

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zdOgZIhPd_U&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zdOgZIhPd_U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
        Cat Chat - Covering NMU Hockey since 2008

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          What more could they have done? They ran into a goalie that was as hot Saturday as he was cold Friday.
          The whole Western team seem 'hotter' Saturday. They did a better job shutting down NMU lanes and not allowing the Cats to set up shop in their offensive zone for lengths of time like they did Friday. They also put on more offensive pressure, which evened the playing field.

I didn't come away with the feeling that the only difference between the games was Gill's play. Western seemed to adjust better from night to night, that's the feeling I came away with.

As an aside, when did we finally getting a productive power play? Usually we are complaining that we need better production and now we are tops in the CCHA.
          Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Why? You have me!
            I dislike you.
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G
            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
            2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
              The whole Western team seem 'hotter' Saturday. They did a better job shutting down NMU lanes and not allowing the Cats to set up shop in their offensive zone for lengths of time like they did Friday. They also put on more offensive pressure, which evened the playing field.

I didn't come away with the feeling that the only difference between the games was Gill's play. Western seemed to adjust better from night to night, that's the feeling I came away with.

As an aside, when did we finally getting a productive power play? Usually we are complaining that we need better production and now we are tops in the CCHA.
              We've been tops inthe CCHA for quite some time on the PP. Also, the PK has had a 90% success rate over the past 14 games. In fact, the special teams have scored 10 more goals than they allowed in that time despite the fact that our opponents have had 18 more power plays than NMU has.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I am not sure what all the conversation about last Saturday night is about. The late goal from Ray was the kind of goal the Miami's, Michigan's of our league get. Lets look at it and say, yes, good teams find that way to win when a goalie is hot. Just me I guess.
                GO CATS GO

JUST BEAT MICHIGAN BABY!

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies!

Comment

Anything special planned for Brian Stewart's 25th!!!! birthday this weekend?
                  Oldest player ever???? I believe I had two degrees and one year of work experience at 25.

Not sure what to expect out of Michigan this weekend, they may stabilize at home in Yost and finally break out? Or will they be down and out like in early November during their 5 game losing streak? Michigan is so fragile that it needs to score early and avoid defeating itself, like it has done in so many games by taking ridiculous penalties in the offensive zone, allowing soft goals and making unforced turnovers that end up in the back of the net.

If Michigan wants to finish in 4th, it has to sweep this weekend against NMU to move ahead in the standings. I doubt they would overcome a deficit the last weekend (M vs. ND, NMU vs. LSSU).

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Why? You have me!

Heil to those mother*ers,
                    Heil to the those big c*suckers,
                    Heil! Heil to Michigan,

Heil to those masturbators,
                    Heil to those donkey rapers,*
                    Heil! Heil to Michigan

Heil to those flies and maggots
                    Heil to those whores and f*ts
                    Heil! Heil to Michigan

Heil to those auto workers,
                    Heil to those circle jerkers,
                    Heil! Heil to Michigan

*This was modified at the Denver Frozen Four, by yours truly, because "fornicators" is a compliment.
                    You forgot the best verse:

Mice from the Wolveriene State,
                    CATS have decided your fate,
                    Fail! Fail! Michigan,
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
                      Oldest player ever???? I believe I had two degrees and one year of work experience at 25.
                      No, he's not. Tech has one that's older. And, Stewie's not much older than one of your players, either.
                      You're also forgetting that most college players these days play juniors for a few years before going to college. It's not abnormal to see 20 year old "freshmen" anymore.

And yeah, we have something planned--a Wildcat victory!
                      Last edited by nmupiccdiva; 02-15-2010, 10:54 AM.
                      Always a Wildcat...
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                        No, he's not. Tech has one that's older. And, Stewie's not much older than one of your players, either.
                        You're also forgetting that most college players these days play juniors for a few years before going to college. It's not abnormal to see 20 year old "freshmen" anymore.

And yeah, we have something planned--a Wildcat victory!
                        Maybe I should become a fan of one of those teams with older players. I feel like, while hot, the guys on Michigan's team are too young for me.
                        (Michigan has two 24 yr olds. Both are typically healthy scratches.)
                        Last edited by wolverineTrumpet; 02-15-2010, 11:09 AM.
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G
                        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                        2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                          Maybe I should become a fan of one of those teams with older players. I feel like, while hot, the guys on Michigan's team are too young for me.
                          (Michigan has two 24 yr olds. Both are typically healthy scratches.)
                          I don't know about you, but I feel old whenever I look at a roster and see kids on there born in 1990, and realize that they'll be turning 20 this year.
                          Always a Wildcat...
                          If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            We've been tops inthe CCHA for quite some time on the PP. Also, the PK has had a 90% success rate over the past 14 games. In fact, the special teams have scored 10 more goals than they allowed in that time despite the fact that our opponents have had 18 more power plays than NMU has.
                            The PP is a pleasant surprise over the past few years:
                            (All percentages are overall)

09/10: PP - 22% PK - 84%
                            08/09: PP - 13% PK - 82%
                            07/08: PP - 14% PK - 79%
                            06/07: PP - 17% PK - 86%
                            05/06: PP - 17% PK - 85%
                            04/05: PP - 16% PK - 84%

Also the fact that NMU has netted a few SHG's recently is also a bonus.
                            Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
                              Cheaper car insurance?
                              Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                                Cheaper car insurance?
                                Heck, I know I'm looking forward to that come July!!
                                Always a Wildcat...

Comment

Working...
                                X