# 1 in the Country - DU !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• # 1 in the Country - DU !

How does Miami of Ohio stay above DU in the national rankings. I just walked back from their 3-1 win vs. Minnesota and despite two of their three worst periods this year (3rd v. Wisc in Madison #1) they won.
    Minnesota is an underrated team w/ the most NHL draft picks on a college roster.....what is wrong w/ this picture?
    DU goes to Wisconson a month ago and only gets 1 of 4 points...it sucked. But insted of sulking they go the next weekend to North Dakota and Custerize the Souix w/ 2 wins. The next week they beat a bad Mercyhurst team and Air Force (anyone remember them in the tourney recently?) in OT....in the Springs!
    So, tonight, all they do is beat the Gophers, who are playing for their home ice lives in the WCHA playoffs.....AND, unless the 'Red Hawks' lose in a huge upset, won't ascend to the throne.
    Am I the only one confused?

Murph in Denver (SUNY Oswego - '79)

Re: # 1 in the Country - DU !

Did you eat a lot of paint chips when you were a kid?
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Murph SUNY Osw 79 View Post
      Am I the only one confused?

)
      Yes, you are the only one confused.

Comment

Simple math??? (c)

Wait, wrong retort. Let me get back to you.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Eastern(ish) Bias.

Comment

Ah yes, that coveted throne for being ranked #1 in the middle of the season by a bunch of guys who have probably never seen half the teams that they are ranking actually play.

And to answer your question, probably not the only one, but arguably the most.

Comment

Miami of Ohio do they have a team

Comment

Rankings don't matter. DU is in a good place and poised to make a run to Motown. The Redhawks are a solid team. I'm hoping that George's old team and the Pios can square off April 10th to see who is really numero uno.
                Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                  Rankings don't matter. DU is in a good place and poised to make a run to Motown. The Redhawks are a solid team. I'm hoping that George's old team and the Pios can square off April 10th to see who is really numero uno.
                  Congrats on knocking the Gophers out of the TUC. LOL!
                  Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                  dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                  wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Exactly, DU is in a great position to make a nice run for the title. They need to stay healthy and keep winning.
                    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

78, How much snow did you guys get in round two?
                      Go Pioneers!

Comment

would be one hell of a game hope to see ya there

Comment

78, How much snow did you guys get in round two?
                          15 inches on Wednesday, round 1 last Saturday missed us by 10 miles as it was just in the ocean off of the coast of LI. Central Jersey and south got slammed in rounds 1 and 2. More may be on the way Monday or Tuesday. Nothing has really melted but I had everything cleared by 12 midnight on Wednesday. Worked from home on Wednesday as I didn't want to hassle with the trains trying to get home when it was really coming down. Most of the snow fell between 1 PM and Midnight. We had 17 inches in the December storm but that was gone right after Christmas.
                          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Rankings don't matter. DU is in a good place and poised to make a run to Motown.
                            You want to go to Detroit?

Comment

Yes, isn't there a famous song about Detroit in April?
                              Go Pioneers!

Comment

Working...
                              X