# 1 in the Country - DU !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: # 1 in the Country - DU !

It's interesting that 3 out of Miami's 4 losses are to CHA teams.
    Great moments...are born from great opportunity.
    THIS IS BEAVER HOCKEY.

Comment

Originally posted by BeaverFan View Post
      Robert Morris is feisty. Very, very feisty.

Comment

There are only two people that seemingly care about rankings in February;

1) The absurd Denver fan who began this whole circus show
        2) Union for being #26

Miami may have a better record within the past 5 years, or whatever that stat was below, but I would trade that in a heartbeat, and so would the program, for even 1 of the NCAA Title banners that the Pios get to hang. Any time comparing history, Denver will win. Case closed. Lets just hope we can get a banner of our own in a couple months.

Comment

Originally posted by BeaverFan View Post
          That and the fact that Robert Morris has 4 wins against top 10 teams...
          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
            That and the fact that Robert Morris has 4 wins against top 10 teams...
            Wouldn't it be a hoot if they won their conference tournament....

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              Wouldn't it be a hoot if they won their conference tournament....
              Not out of the realm of possibility. That would throw a tremendous wrinkle into the tournament slections. This year is turning out to be rather interesting down the stretch.
              Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post

2) Union for being #26

Miami may have a better record within the past 5 years, or whatever that stat was below, but I would trade that in a heartbeat, and so would the program, for even 1 of the NCAA Title banners that the Pios get to hang. Any time comparing history, Denver will win. Case closed. Lets just hope we can get a banner of our own in a couple months.
                There's a Miami fan down below who cares deeply about it.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                  I'm curious what people really think is the big difference between #1 and #5 in a subjective poll. I mean is it really that big of a deal that Denver's #2? I'd still be thrilled if Miami was #2 instead of #1...I wouldn't be crying about it.
                  Very little difference. In our sport, anytime top 10-15 teams meet, it's usually a goal or two difference either way. Once you get teams below 20 or so, that's when the goal differential opens up more.

In short, smart fans aren't crying about poll placement. It really doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post

2) Union for being #26

i can't wait till they put up a new Frozen Four ad

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                      Miami will keep chugging along until they meet one of the Bostons in the NCAAs and then their season will end.
                      Miami should be discraced by there schedule this year. Its not there fault there conference sucks but they have no been challenged but maybe 2 weekends all year. That will prove to be costly come tournament time. I'd put my money on a team thats been challeged week in a week out coming into the tournament then playing that horrid schedule then trying to get up for there 1st game in the NCAA's. We saw it with notre Dame and michigan last year.
                      The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                        Miami should be discraced by there schedule this year. Its not there fault there conference sucks but they have no been challenged but maybe 2 weekends all year. That will prove to be costly come tournament time. I'd put my money on a team thats been challeged week in a week out coming into the tournament then playing that horrid schedule then trying to get up for there 1st game in the NCAA's. We saw it with notre Dame and michigan last year.
                        Now this is an ignorant post. Miami went to UNH for two games, played St. Cloud twice, and played North dakota and Bemidji once. Along with two games against Robert Morris, how is that a weak non conference schedule??? 6 of 8 OOC games against top 20 teams, do your HW before you post.

Comment

Thats funny considering they still had a tougher schedule than a handful of WCHA teams until they had to play BG last weekend. Boston College should be "discraced" too eh?

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                            Miami should be discraced by there schedule this year.
                            Now this is an ignorant post.
                            Welcome to our world.

Comment

Now this is an ignorant post. Miami went to UNH for two games, played St. Cloud twice, and played North dakota and Bemidji once. Along with two games against Robert Morris, how is that a weak non conference schedule??? 6 of 8 OOC games against top 20 teams, do your HW before you post.
                              oh well that's because there either overrated or suck.

Hilarious stuff though, Miami is a good team. So is Denver and Wisconsin.

Comment

The non-confence schedule looks ok now but when you look deeper, beyond the polls and you look at the time of year you played those teams and how they were playing at the time and it just doesn't impress me. Miami is 3-3-1 in non conference games. St cloud and UNH both were playing poor hockey to start the year. Bemidji i don't consider a top 10 team distpite the polls, UND was hitwith the injury bug before you played them. The one team that was probably playing there best hockey when Miami played them out of conference was Robert morris and they got swept by them, i'm sorry but the non-conference schedule looks good now by the polls but you dig deeper and its not that impressive and the record certainly isn't. Denver is a better hockey team then Miami and Wisconsin is probably not far behind. beatdowns of Lake St and W mich at home doesn't impress me. Even tho its out of Miami's control, the fact that you have only played Mich, Mich St. and N. Mich once this season doesn't help your case for playing a real tough regular season schedule.

so before you tell someone else to do there homework maybe you should look beyond recent polling and do a little research of your own you will find out the number of real top teams Miami has played this season is pretty limited.

Example, i don't put much merit in UW's domination of UNH early in the season because UNH was not playing like they are now. At the time of those games i thought UNH was a terrible hockey team.
                                The Quest For 7

Comment

Working...
                                X