Plattsburgh vs Buffalo State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plattsburgh vs Buffalo State

With Buffalo State averaging eighteen (18) minutes or so in the penalty box per game - and the recent disqualification from post-season play - all indications were that the 6-15-1 Bengals would be out for blood. What actually transpired was a very clean and fairly interesting game - complete with an obligatory Stafford scoreboard snafu

Check out my review at http://www.therobbrennan.com/journal...-4-2-loss.html

Re: Plattsburgh vs Buffalo State

Originally posted by TacoRob View Post
    With Buffalo State averaging eighteen (18) minutes or so in the penalty box per game - and the recent disqualification from post-season play - all indications were that the 6-15-1 Bengals would be out for blood. What actually transpired was a very clean and fairly interesting game - complete with an obligatory Stafford scoreboard snafu

Check out my review at http://www.therobbrennan.com/journal...-4-2-loss.html
    Well written, and I generally agree, except Plattsburgh didn't send them home, they sent them to Potsdam

Got to love that scoreboard!!!
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Yeah part of me feels bad for the scoreboard issues. I can only imagine that if it takes this long to keep a reliable scoreboard up and running, any hope of an online ticketing system is probably out of the question

Comment

Rob,

I always enjoy reading your game accounts.

If I might though, one thing about the 5 minute major penalty: In addition to the 5 minute major, the Buff State player was given a game misconduct penalty. I don't believe that there is a penalty called a "10 minute game misconduct". A game misconduct penalty means the recipient of such is out of the game and another player has to serve whatever time penalty was assessed.

GO CARDS

Wally

Comment

Originally posted by wallhd View Post
          Rob,

If I might though, one thing about the 5 minute major penalty: In addition to the 5 minute major, the Buff State player was given a game misconduct penalty. I don't believe that there is a penalty called a "10 minute game misconduct". A game misconduct penalty means the recipient of such is out of the game and another player has to serve whatever time penalty was assessed.

GO CARDS

Wally
          Your description is accurate, but in the box scores, they are listed as "(10-Game Misconduct)", for better or worse.
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
            Your description is accurate, but in the box scores, they are listed as "(10-Game Misconduct)", for better or worse.
            Because they credit the player with 10PIMs for the Misconduct, regardless of whether it was 10-minutes or game. If I got a Game misconduct 1 minute into the 1st, I would get 10PIMs plus the penalty, not 59PIMs.

At least, that's my understanding.
            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by TacoRob View Post
              Yeah part of me feels bad for the scoreboard issues. I can only imagine that if it takes this long to keep a reliable scoreboard up and running, any hope of an online ticketing system is probably out of the question
              Sometimes this is what you get when you have to buy from the low bidder !
              (Said only partially "tongue in cheek"). I.E., I don't know that the scoreboards were even put out to bid, but the continuing problem makes one wonder if they were.

GO CARDS

Wally

Comment

Originally posted by wallhd View Post
                Rob,

GO CARDS

Wally
                Thanks for the great feedback (and for checking out the recaps!). Yeah, the game misconduct one is interesting that they're ten minutes, but I wonder...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penalty...onduct_penalty

Based on that Wikipedia reference, it makes a bit more sense to me why it is like it is. If you technically can get a game misconduct for either a serious infraction or for receiving three five minute major penalties in a game, then I can see how those fifteen penalty minutes would translate into a five minute major penalty with an additional ten minutes awarded to the offending player's penalty minutes. Interesting!

Comment

Working...
                X