PDA

View Full Version : Maine at Boston University 2/12 and 13

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Agganis
02-09-2010, 12:07 AM
The first two game weekend these two teams play this decade may be bigger than any they played last decade. Ok I may be exaggerating but I miss having a reason to hate Maine (the team, not the fans, you guys are the most hospitable fans I've encountered anywhere except maybe this year's Super Bowl losers).

Hockey East home ice and NCAA pairwise implications abound...

sandiegoblkbr
02-09-2010, 12:14 AM
BU needs a sweep......Maine needs a split.

I say splitsville........

Friday - Maine 5 BU 2 (Beanpot hangover game)
Saturday - BU 4 Maine 3

BUT09
02-09-2010, 10:20 AM
BU needs to sweep. But that's not really news. BU needs to win every game from here on out, not necessarily for positioning, just because they need to learn they can win - it still feels like they aren't quite where they need to be confidence-wise.

Gusforhobey
02-09-2010, 06:09 PM
The first two game weekend these two teams play this decade may be bigger than any they played last decade. Ok I may be exaggerating but I miss having a reason to hate Maine (the team, not the fans, you guys are the most hospitable fans I've encountered anywhere except maybe this year's Super Bowl losers).

Hockey East home ice and NCAA pairwise implications abound...

This is obviously a huge weekend for both teams and both teams are playing their best hockey of the year. This series could go many different ways, I could see a BU sweep, a ME sweep, or a split. I'm leaning towards a split with Maine winning the first one catching BU off guard. Should be interesting to see The best power play team in the nation vs the team with with most short handed goals.

I still hate BU

AMC
02-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Obviously, Maine and UNH will bring in some good old fashioned hate. But the problem is that BC is just so much more hateable than BU. After those two, I don't have much hate left. Maybe if you BU fans would start acting more like BC fans, we could do it.

lkenney
02-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Obviously, Maine and UNH will bring in some good old fashioned hate. But the problem is that BC is just so much more hateable than BU. After those two, I don't have much hate left. Maybe if you BU fans would start acting more like BC fans, we could do it.

I feel exactly the same way. I know there is carryover from the Walsh/Parker fued days for some people, but I just think Jack is a riot.

slurpees
02-09-2010, 07:06 PM

http://sparklingwhine.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/popped-collar-3.jpg

Carmine Scarpaglia
02-09-2010, 07:17 PM
http://sparklingwhine.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/popped-collar-3.jpg

Bwaahahahaha. Brilliant.

btb91
02-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Bu is facing 3 games in 6 days.
Maine has a lousy record at Agganis.
Both teams have been playing well and are hungry for a win.

Split.

Two close games.

lkenney
02-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Bu is facing 3 games in 6 days.
Maine has a lousy record at Agganis.
Both teams have been playing well and are hungry for a win.

Split.

Two close games.

You know what's interesting to me about Maine's Agganis record, is that this new young nucleus of players seem to play well there. The older tourney-tested veteran teams never won there. I throw the all-time Agganis record out the window now. I agree with a split anyhow.

gusforhobey89
02-09-2010, 07:59 PM
I could dig a split. Though Maine's hot, their road record is nothing to write home about, nevermind their record at Agganis. Any points that come out of the weekend will be tough and well-earned, and will go a long way in the end.

steakbomb
02-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Big 2 gamer this weekend. Despite the result last night, I think BU is playing very well. Very interested to see the obvious improvements Maine has made since last year. Still holding out hope for a strong finish which might get the Terriers to a top 4/home 1st round.

steakbomb
02-09-2010, 08:32 PM

I get your point. Having seen all four BU/BC games this year I can honestly say BC's current team just isn't as "hateable" as in past years.

BUT09
02-09-2010, 08:33 PM
I get your point. Having seen all four BU/BC games this year I can honestly say BC's current team just isn't as "hateable" as in past years.

I think the point was that BC's fans are hate-able, not their team.

steakbomb
02-09-2010, 08:36 PM
I think the point was that BC's fans are hate-able, not their team.

Agreed. That will never change. They're always in full bloom at the Beanpot.

mookie1995
02-09-2010, 09:10 PM
..... This series could go many different ways, I could see a BU sweep, a ME sweep, or a split.

well, honestly, it can go one of five ways - and you've listed three of them right here;) :rolleyes:

MaineMan
02-09-2010, 10:43 PM
it could go one of 6 ways actually..

sandiegoblkbr
02-10-2010, 12:39 AM
Team hate:

1. UMass
2. UNH
3. BC
4. BU
5. Lowell

Fan hate:

1. BC
2. UMass
3. UNH

The rest.......meh

quiddlet
02-10-2010, 02:04 AM
(the team, not the fans, you guys are the most hospitable fans I've encountered anywhere except maybe this year's Super Bowl losers)

...Thanks?

Priceless
02-10-2010, 08:16 AM
I feel exactly the same way. I know there is carryover from the Walsh/Parker fued days for some people, but I just think Jack is a riot.

I hated Jack (for good reason), but after what he did for Travis and his family after the accident, it's hard to keep hating him. Then there's what happened on 9/11. Add to that that BU has some pretty cool fans and it's difficult to bring back the animosity of the past.

This weekend will be a split and we'll see you at the Garden.