Maine at Boston University 2/12 and 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine at Boston University 2/12 and 13

The first two game weekend these two teams play this decade may be bigger than any they played last decade. Ok I may be exaggerating but I miss having a reason to hate Maine (the team, not the fans, you guys are the most hospitable fans I've encountered anywhere except maybe this year's Super Bowl losers).

Hockey East home ice and NCAA pairwise implications abound...

Re: Maine at Boston University 2/12 and 13

BU needs a sweep......Maine needs a split.

I say splitsville........

Friday - Maine 5 BU 2 (Beanpot hangover game)
    Saturday - BU 4 Maine 3

Comment

BU needs to sweep. But that's not really news. BU needs to win every game from here on out, not necessarily for positioning, just because they need to learn they can win - it still feels like they aren't quite where they need to be confidence-wise.
      "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        The first two game weekend these two teams play this decade may be bigger than any they played last decade. Ok I may be exaggerating but I miss having a reason to hate Maine (the team, not the fans, you guys are the most hospitable fans I've encountered anywhere except maybe this year's Super Bowl losers).

Hockey East home ice and NCAA pairwise implications abound...
        This is obviously a huge weekend for both teams and both teams are playing their best hockey of the year. This series could go many different ways, I could see a BU sweep, a ME sweep, or a split. I'm leaning towards a split with Maine winning the first one catching BU off guard. Should be interesting to see The best power play team in the nation vs the team with with most short handed goals.

I still hate BU
        Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Obviously, Maine and UNH will bring in some good old fashioned hate. But the problem is that BC is just so much more hateable than BU. After those two, I don't have much hate left. Maybe if you BU fans would start acting more like BC fans, we could do it.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
            Obviously, Maine and UNH will bring in some good old fashioned hate. But the problem is that BC is just so much more hateable than BU. After those two, I don't have much hate left. Maybe if you BU fans would start acting more like BC fans, we could do it.
            I feel exactly the same way. I know there is carryover from the Walsh/Parker fued days for some people, but I just think Jack is a riot.

Comment

*****http://sparklingwhine.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/popped-collar-3.jpg******
              time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                *****http://sparklingwhine.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/popped-collar-3.jpg******
                Bwaahahahaha. Brilliant.
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Bu is facing 3 games in 6 days.
                  Maine has a lousy record at Agganis.
                  Both teams have been playing well and are hungry for a win.

Split.

Two close games.

Comment

Originally posted by btb91 View Post
                    Bu is facing 3 games in 6 days.
                    Maine has a lousy record at Agganis.
                    Both teams have been playing well and are hungry for a win.

Split.

Two close games.
                    You know what's interesting to me about Maine's Agganis record, is that this new young nucleus of players seem to play well there. The older tourney-tested veteran teams never won there. I throw the all-time Agganis record out the window now. I agree with a split anyhow.

Comment

I could dig a split. Though Maine's hot, their road record is nothing to write home about, nevermind their record at Agganis. Any points that come out of the weekend will be tough and well-earned, and will go a long way in the end.
                      PP34 - BEAT LA

Comment

Big 2 gamer this weekend. Despite the result last night, I think BU is playing very well. Very interested to see the obvious improvements Maine has made since last year. Still holding out hope for a strong finish which might get the Terriers to a top 4/home 1st round.
                        Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

I get your point. Having seen all four BU/BC games this year I can honestly say BC's current team just isn't as "hateable" as in past years.

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                            I get your point. Having seen all four BU/BC games this year I can honestly say BC's current team just isn't as "hateable" as in past years.
                            I think the point was that BC's fans are hate-able, not their team.
                            "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                              I think the point was that BC's fans are hate-able, not their team.
                              Agreed. That will never change. They're always in full bloom at the Beanpot.

Comment

Working...
                              X