• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI 2010 Recruiting III: Monty's Quest for the Holy Grail

Part II http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=87301
    Part I http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=85184
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI 2010 Recruiting III: Monty's Quest for the Holy Grail

Code:
    Jacob Laliberté        C Cornwall Colts (CJHL)        41-49-40- 89- 28 02/12/10
    Brock Higgs           LW Kingston Voyageurs (OJAHL)   42-19-33- 52- 68 02/11/10 missing game
    Matt Tinordi          LW Olds Grizzlys (AJHL)         53-20-20- 40- 63 02/09/10
    Nick Bailen           RD Indiana Ice (USHL)           39-10-18- 28- 54 02/12/10
    Nick Quinn            LD Aurora Tigers (OJAHL)        10- 2- 7-  9-  6
                             Orangeville Crushers (CCHL)  27- 5- 6- 11- 20
                             Playoffs                      0- 0- 0-  0-  0 TBD     
                             Total                        37- 7-13- 20- 26
    Greg Burgdoerfer      RW not playing                   0- 0- 0-  0-  0

2010 or 2011
    Luke Curadi           LD Penticton Vees (BCHL)        51- 6-10- 16- 92 02/09/10

Patrick Koudys        LD Burlington Cougars (CCHL)    49- 5-28- 33- 42 02/08/10

2010 women
    Jordan Smelker        LW Team Alaska U19              16- 9-10- 19-  2 02/27/10
    Madison Marzario      RD Shattuck St Mary's           20- 1- 9- 10- 48 02/13/10 2 missing games
    Missing Brock Higgs' game from Saturday is still not posted.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

WA said on the closed loop that he noticed Vines' absence this weekend...Vines was up in British Columbia scouting.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
        WA said on the closed loop that he noticed Vines' absence this weekend...Vines was up in British Columbia scouting.
        I assume that you mean WS.

I hope that Vines finds someone. It's interesting that besides for Eric Ming (forward) and Colin Stevins (goalie), all of the rumors and targets that I can recall recently have been defensemen.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

I hope that Vines finds someone. It's interesting that besides for Eric Ming (forward) and Colin Stevins (goalie), all of the rumors and targets that I can recall recently have been defensemen.
          Yes, WS...
          This might be a naive observation, but I think each of the assistants is tasked with the corps he manages; Vines does mostly D and Monty Forwards.

Comment

Yes, WS...
            This might be a naive observation, but I think each of the assistants is tasked with the corps he manages; Vines does mostly D and Monty Forwards.
            You probably know better than I do, but I would think that although Vines mostly looks for D and Monty F, they do make notes on anyone whom they see who could be of interest.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

You can never have enough Defensemen I have always felt we were a better team whe we had at least 4 big boys on the back line. With Luke coming(and he is my definition of a big boy ) I would just like to see us add at least one more. Up front I am more tolerant of smaller faster players-but still like to see at least 2 big power forwards on the squad.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                You can never have enough Defensemen I have always felt we were a better team whe we had at least 4 big boys on the back line. With Luke coming(and he is my definition of a big boy ) I would just like to see us add at least one more. Up front I am more tolerant of smaller faster players-but still like to see at least 2 big power forwards on the squad.
                Funny how the sense of history beginning to repeat itself is permeating the atmosphere...I watched about 50% of the link RB posted of the 1985 discussion the other night and so far 2 things have stood out for me:
                1. The Dmen on the stage were 'big' boys...your kind of guys, Doc.
                2. The players made particular note of the relaxed feeling they had among themselves and the confidence in their preparation that allowed them the luxury of being loose, comfortable and not pressured during games.

I think SA has studied this in HIS preparation and is replicating this approach for his team.

Does that guarantee a repeat of the 1985 success? I don't know. What I do know is the formula has many components that have the combined potential to do just that.

Comment

You probably know better than I do, but I would think that although Vines mostly looks for D and Monty F, they do make notes on anyone whom they see who could be of interest.
                  Oh, yes...definitely. I guess I was speaking more to your note that there seemed to be more D men highlighted in recent recruiting activity. I agree that both assistants must be obligated to feed off each other in identifying talent. Furthermore, Monty is more the 'veteran' in the process so he might also serve in a mentorship role. Either way, I do not envy the 'sausage making' grind they endure over and over in order to put the right puzzle pieces together.

Comment

Funny how the sense of history beginning to repeat itself is permeating the atmosphere...I watched about 50% of the link RB posted of the 1985 discussion the other night and so far 2 things have stood out for me:
                    1. The Dmen on the stage were 'big' boys...your kind of guys, Doc.
                    2. The players made particular note of the relaxed feeling they had among themselves and the confidence in their preparation that allowed them the luxury of being loose, comfortable and not pressured during games.

I think SA has studied this in HIS preparation and is replicating this approach for his team.

Does that guarantee a repeat of the 1985 success? I don't know. What I do know is the formula has many components that have the combined potential to do just that.
                    Jenny and I saw 35 of the 38 games during 1984-85 and about the same number the year before. Those 2 teams had my kind of defensemen. They were big (not huge though) but they were fearless. The hits they dealt out made every forward coming into our zone think twice. I think we are most definitely on the right track-and you are so right-the 84 and 85 teams just exuded a quiet confidence and played with a kind of swagger that I only hope we develop again. 46+ years of following RPI hockey has given me a rather unique perspective-I have seen the best and the worst of it and I am certain we are on the verge of something very good.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

On Saturday, the Kingston Kimco Voyageurs defeated the Brampton Capitals 4-3. Brock Higgs had a head contact/checking minor penalty with a misconduct and a cross checking penalty. http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1076993

Higgs' line is now 43-19-33-52-82.

Finally
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Some info on women's recruit Melissa Mankey (currently a senior at Hopkins HS, in a Minneapolis suburb):

http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/showstats...460&school=220

Line: 25-16-6-22-???

Hopkins is currently second in their section in the MN high school league with a 17-6-2 record.

Melissa has a younger sister (Marielle, 10th grade) who also plays and has 4 goals and 8 assists on the season.
                        Last edited by GRussinko; 02-08-2010, 08:45 PM.
                        APBWiki

Comment

On Sunday, the Burlington Cougars lost to the Hamilton Red Wings 6-5. Patrick Koudys had no points or penalties. This ends Bulrlington's regular season. http://cchl.stats.pointstreak.com/bo...gameid=1090217

Koudys's line is now 50-5-28-33-42.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
                            Jacob Laliberté        C Cornwall Colts (CJHL)        41-49-40- 89- 28 02/12/10
                            Brock Higgs           LW Kingston Voyageurs (OJAHL)   43-19-33- 52- 82 02/11/10
                            Matt Tinordi          LW Olds Grizzlys (AJHL)         53-20-20- 40- 63 02/09/10
                            Nick Bailen           RD Indiana Ice (USHL)           39-10-18- 28- 54 02/12/10
                            Nick Quinn            LD Aurora Tigers (OJAHL)        10- 2- 7-  9-  6
                                                     Orangeville Crushers (CCHL)  27- 5- 6- 11- 20
                                                     Playoffs                      0- 0- 0-  0-  0 TBD     
                                                     Total                        37- 7-13- 20- 26
                            Greg Burgdoerfer      RW not playing                   0- 0- 0-  0-  0

2010 or 2011
                            Luke Curadi           LD Penticton Vees (BCHL)        51- 6-10- 16- 92 02/09/10

Patrick Koudys        LD Burlington Cougars (CCHL)    50- 5-28- 33- 42
                                                     Playoffs                      0- 0- 0-  0-  0 02/13/10     
                                                     Total                        50- 5-28- 33- 42

2010 women
                            Jordan Smelker        LW Team Alaska U19              16- 9-10- 19-  2 02/27/10
                            Madison Marzario      RD Shattuck St Mary's           20- 1- 9- 10- 48 02/13/10 2 missing games
                            Missy Mankey           F Hopkins HS Minnetonka MN      ?- ?- ?-  ?-  ?
                                                     Minnesota Jr Whitecaps        ?- ?- ?-  ?-  ?
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-09-2010, 01:21 AM.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Sunday, the Burlington Cougars lost to the Hamilton Red Wings 6-5. Patrick Koudys had no points or penalties. This ends Bulrlington's regular season. http://cchl.stats.pointstreak.com/bo...gameid=1090217

Koudys's line is now 50-5-28-33-42.
                              That is a very solid year for Mr. Koudys. He seems to be progressing very nicely.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                              X