Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU Season Thread 2-Do We Hate Everybody as Much as They Hate Us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU Season Thread 2-Do We Hate Everybody as Much as They Hate Us?

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    By "good hockey hit" you imply that it was within the rules, which it clearly was not, as they are stated and were posted here.

It cannot be a "good hit" if it was illegal.

I'm done. Like I said, the league disagrees with you as do most everyone who isn't an SCSU homer.
    Funny how your own player agrees with me..... Real hockey players know that is not a bad hit. I said from day 1 Geoffrion would have tried to check Marvin the same way because that is how players are taught to play the game. It was a fluke he got hit in the head. The fact that you are a hockey coach and you don't realize that really scares me... I think maybe you need to look in the mirror and ask your self if Marvin really deserved getting suspended or if you are just mad he hurt your player. I ahve said over and over I can live with him getting 3 games because of the Genoway hit, but if players are going to get suspended for a hit like that it is bad for the game.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Okay, I know I've said that I'm leaving more than once, but you guys are so much fun!

The fans did not suspend Blake, the league did. For an illegal hit. According to league rules. Intent as judged by Blake is not a factor in the least. Blake's just trying to be a stand up guy, which shows his class.

Honestly, are you people really this stupid or are you just funning with us? You're all just pulling our collective legs, right? I like fun!
      I read a comment like that from him and think one of two things
      1. He believes what he is saying and means it
      or
      2. He's saying it for the media to look good and thinks it was intentional.

If it's #2, then I'm sorry, I don't consider that to be the act of a stand up guy showing class.
      If it's #1, then IMO, the people screaming he meant to injure Geoffrion should shut up.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
        ... he got into with JConn over who is the better Connolly.
        This Connelly thrashes both of Sandy's boys:
        http://imagecache2.allposters.com/im...ly-Posters.jpg
        Last edited by The Sicatoka; 03-03-2010, 08:45 AM.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Does this mean that UND has to now pass the WCHA "halos" to SCSU?
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            I believe that article makes it clear that Aaron Marvin was completely innocent. His suspension should be lifted and a statue should be build in his honor at all the WCHA arenas. No one in the history of the world has been persecuted more than Aaron Marvin. Everyone should personally apologize for questioning the Marsiah.

Dead Marsiah,

I am sorry for thinking you did anything wrong. You did not. You are the greatest person in the history of the world, please accept my humble apology.

In Your Debt because you're so awesomely awesome,

Dirty
            I agree.
            Bob is making me concerned
            I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              ******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O0B_UZNtEk4&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O0B_UZNtEk4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                Please explain how the following hit doesn't deserve a three game suspension
                One more time.

If the video had continued, you'd see that Connolly popped up and jumped back into play.

The WCHA, which has access to far better video than what's shown in the YouTube clip, looked at Knight's hit and determined that it was clean.

It's not that I have great faith in the league to make correct decisions. However, given what happened to UND's Mario Lamoureux (suspended for a minor penalty that went uncalled during the game) and Brett Hextall (tagged with a checking from behind major he never committed), there's no doubt in my mind that if the WCHA felt it had a legitimate reason to suspend Knight, it would have done so.
                Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Originally posted by PCM View Post
                  If the video had continued, you'd see that Connolly popped up and jumped back into play.
                  Yes, we get it that Marvin's suspension is only because Geoffrion got hurt, just like you would expect under "zero tolerance."
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Wow. Impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                      Yes, we get it that Marvin's suspension is only because Geoffrion got hurt, just like you would expect under "zero tolerance."
                      Marvin's suspension is because he's a serial offender.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                        Marvin's suspension is because he's a serial offender.
                        Hey, you got it! Take a bow!

Comment

Hey, you got it!
                          Yeah, but you don't:

Comment

Since so many of you want, have, need to believe it, ... fine.

Here's the memo.

Satisfied?

Fellow Sioux fans,

Our pawn and minion, McLeod, has completed his task.

Our plan is moving forward.

Signed,

Kommissar of Skulduggery
                            The Vast Fighting Sioux Conspiracy
                            " ... if you only knew ... "

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              I believe that article makes it clear that Aaron Marvin was completely innocent. His suspension should be lifted and a statue should be build in his honor at all the WCHA arenas. No one in the history of the world has been persecuted more than Aaron Marvin. Everyone should personally apologize for questioning the Marsiah.

Dead Marsiah,

I am sorry for thinking you did anything wrong. You did not. You are the greatest person in the history of the world, please accept my humble apology.

In Your Debt because you're so awesomely awesome,

Dirty
                              Game. Set. Thread.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

No, we could never measure up to UND's level. We don't whine enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X