Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU Season Thread 2-Do We Hate Everybody as Much as They Hate Us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU Season Thread 2-Do We Hate Everybody as Much as They Hate Us?

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Boy, you're still striking out with this "I'm smarter than you are because I can read" game.
    No, you're upset that your guy is this season's "Trevor Bruess".

I'm pointing out that Marvin, per the rules, made it easy for McLeod. Marvin should've been smarter than that and learned back in November.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Since you don't like CTH, try this ...

Allow me to translate for those of you from SCSU:
      The WCHA can review any play from a game and hand out suspensions, whether or not it was called in a game.

Apparently Marvin's hit didn't look good on McLeod's monitor, or Geoffreon's head.
      And my point was the officiating. Why wasn't it called in the game? Did the officials on the ice at the time not believe it was a penalty? Were they not watching CENTER ICE where the puck was being played? Again, I wasn't debating whether or not it was a penalty - or even whether a suspension was appropriate. Can you agree that if there is an issue with a hit to the head, it should be addressed when it happens - and on a consistent basis?

Comment

Originally posted by TRITT22 View Post
        And my point was the officiating. Why wasn't it called in the game? Did the officials on the ice at the time not believe it was a penalty? Were they not watching CENTER ICE where the puck was being played? Again, I wasn't debating whether or not it was a penalty - or even whether a suspension was appropriate. Can you agree that if there is an issue with a hit to the head, it should be addressed when it happens - and on a consistent basis?
        Irrelevant to the discussion. Refs have never nor will they ever "see" everything that happens in a game.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Wow. That was a lot to catch up on.

Let's summarize:

1. Everyone agrees Marvins hit on Genoway was dirty, cheap, etc etc and that he should've received a longer suspension. Aye.

2. Everyone agrees that Marvins hit on Geoffrion should've been a penalty but due to the inadequate officiating we have here in the WCHA nothing was called. Aye.

3. Some believe Marvin intended to injure Geoffrion with a malicious hit to the head. Nay.

4. Some believe Marvin intended for a big open ice hit with no intent to injure. Aye.

5. Most agree that the suspension of 3 games is excessive for that hit, however, is more than likely a make-up call for the inadequate punishment of the hit on Genoway and the fact that it came from the same guy. Aye.

6. There are a number of side arguments/tangents out there. Ugh.

7. Feel free to add on........

Now, since everyone else seems to want to give their interpretation of the play here's mine: If you play the video and pause it exactly at :32 seconds you will see Geoffrion's right shoulder in line with the check Marvin is about to deliver. Between :32 and :33 seconds you will see Geoffrion in the process of adjusting to the position of the puck (between his feet) and pulling his right shoulder BACK, thus removing it (the shoulder) from the point of contact and exposing his head. Can anyone please explain to me how someone moving at that speed and on skates is supposed to recognize and decipher the fact that the persons shoulder they were about to check has just been pulled back and their head is now the point of contact when they have UNDER 1 second?

I understand UND fans being upset with Marvin on the Genoway hit, and rightly so. I understand Wisco fans being upset that Geoffrion is out and the situation, but I don't understand the calling for Marvins head. Does anyone, including myself, really think any of our arguments are going to change the way someone else feels about the situation? Maybe, but most likely not.

Comment

You are way late to that party.
            Probably. I have a job and don't have time to review 10 pages of commentary for the short time I spend on here.

Comment

No, you're upset that your guy is this season's "Trevor Bruess".
              Still not getting it. Sigh. Oh well. I'm not going to try to force you to. I'll let you get back to your Two Minutes Hate.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Irrelevant to the discussion. Refs have never nor will they ever "see" everything that happens in a game.
                McLoid stated publicly that he, in no uncertain terms, was ****ed a penalty wasn't called. Do you think it is irrevelant to the officials who were working the game after being called out?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  And there are times the in-game penalty doesn't fit the pattern of behaviour of a particular player.

And hence the need for "SECTION 10: Supplemental Discipline."
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by TRITT22 View Post
                    McLoid stated publicly that he, in no uncertain terms, was ****ed a penalty wasn't called. Do you think it is irrevelant to the officials who were working the game after being called out?
                    They have video review of their performance every night. Every game errors are made. These are human beings, not robots.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Still not getting it. Sigh. Oh well. I'm not going to try to force you to.
                      I'm tired of your patronization attempts. The technique fails you.

I've cited the cause and authority for the WCHA to act as it has.

You seem to have trouble "getting" that.

PS - Have you actually read Orwell, or are you just trying to sound smart. Cliff's Notes don't count. If so, try Huxley's "Brave New World" next. Some day Rand's "Atlas Shrugged".

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

PS - Have you actually read Orwell, or are you just trying to sound smart. Cliff's Notes don't count. If so, try Huxley's "Brave New World" next. Some day Rand's "Atlas Shrugged".
                        Have not only read Orwell's "Nineteen Eighty-four" but also "Animal Farm." Read Huxley, and "Atlas Shrugged" happens to be what I'm reading on my Kindle at the moment.

Sicatoka, please. This is really, really silly. There's no one here claiming contact to the head isn't a penalty. There's no one claiming McLeod doesn't have the authority to banninate whoever he wants to banninate. If you want to continue to repeat this ad nauseum in an attempt to convince people skeptical of the necessity of the suspension and/or its length, I invite you to do so with gusto.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                          5. Most agree that the suspension of 3 games is excessive for that hit, however, is more than likely a make-up call for the inadequate punishment of the hit on Genoway and the fact that it came from the same guy. Aye.
                          I disagree that it's solely a make up call. It's a progressively more severe punishment for a pattern of behavior. If Marvin does it again, he'll probably get more than 3 games and maybe even a permanent ban.

If that happens, you'll probably be able to argue that the specific hit didn't deserve a permanent ban, but you'd need to exclude the pattern of behavior that has caused the sanctions to be so severe.

Comment

I think that Marvin shouldn't get 3 games for it, but he left himself wide open with that Genoway hit.

Lets let both sides face these facts:

-SCSU fans aren't gonna be convinced Marvin's dirty because of one dirty hit, and one questionable hit AFTER a dirty hit (I think if the Geoffrion one had been last year instead, it wouldn't have been but a blip on the radar)

-Everyone else isn't gonna be convinced Marvin's clean because most have only seem about 10 minutes of him play over the last three years, and most of it on YouTube.

Marvin takes himself out of Mankato and the 1st game of the WCHA playoffs, fine, SCSU has to pull themselves together and rebound, and we go from there.

And boy, I hope if SCSU sees UND or UW in the F5 things stay clean, regardless of the score.
                            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

PCM, if there was really a "zero tolerance" policy on CTH, there'd be far more suspensions handed out. Which is what I'm trying to illustrate and which you seem to be too thick to understand. So that's where your strawman begins.
                              Unlike you, I understand that the reason officials are given the discretion to assess a DQ for contact to the head is because there are varying degrees at which it occurs. This season, I've seen many players (including UND players) assessed minor penalties for contact to the head. Some of that contact was deliberate, some of it was accidental and some of it was incidental.

None of the contact to the head penalties I've witnessed that received minor penalties were anything like Marvin's hits on Genoway on Goeffrion. Nobody was knocked out of the game because of them. Nobody (to my knowledge) received a concussion. I would hope that officials properly use the discretion they've been given to assess a minor when it's deserved and a major when it's deserved.

And I would also hope that the WCHA would use its authority to hold those players accountable who show a tendency to deliever dangerous hits to the head that jeopardize the safety of other players.

You, however, seem to believe that because not every contact to the head penalty is called and because not every player is suspended for contact to the head, the rule and the policy no longer apply. Just because the rule and the policy are not perfectly applied at all times doesn't mean they cease to exist.
                              Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Unfortunately, for the balance of the season, the WCHA on-ice officials will overcompensate and be hair trigger on their calls and now will be held to even more scrutiny. The end result is a less enjoyable experience for the fans.
                                "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Working...
                                X