Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU Season Thread 2-Do We Hate Everybody as Much as They Hate Us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU Season Thread 2-Do We Hate Everybody as Much as They Hate Us?

He (Raboin) went down after he was cross-checked by Aaron Bendickson in Saturday's 7-4 loss at Wisconsin, left the Kohl Center on crutches and now apparently has a sprained right ankle. This week, he strode to and from the National Hockey Center wearing a walking boot. While the rest of the team was on the ice Tuesday, he was completing a range of exercises and riding an exercise bike in the training room. His status for the March 5-6 series against Minnesota State-Mankato remains in doubt and SCSU coach Bob Motzko has said he would consider holding Raboin out until the first round of the playoffs if it would ensure a stronger comeback.

"It's going to take a little bit of time," said Raboin, a senior defenseman and a rare two-year captain who wore an alternate's "A" as a sophomore. "As far as how much, I'm hoping I'm in control of that a little bit. But I've got to wait and see, I guess. I'm doing everything I can. It's just one of those things you have to go through. It came at a good time if it was to come ... I'll be able to play. It's just a matter of whether it's (against the Mavs) or when. We've got to take a look at the big picture. I feel it's coming along well, though."

The Huskies' only other injury question mark, sophomore forward Jared Festler, practiced Tuesday wearing a no-contact jersey and is expected to be available against Mankato.

The other concern of the week is whether Marvin will be suspended by the WCHA. He administered a hit last November that put North Dakota's Chay Genoway out since with a concussion. Marvin got a one-game suspension for that. Then, during a Feb. 13 game, he and Sioux forward Mario Lamoureux squared off to try and end the squabble created by the original injury to Genoway. A potential fight was stopped before it started and Lamoureux received a one-game suspension -- Marvin nothing. Then, last Saturday, Marvin caught Geoffrion going through the neutral zone with his head down. Marvin delivered a shoulder that replays have appeared to show caught Geoffrion in the head. Badgers coach Mike Eaves told the Huskies he planned to appeal to the league for further discipline.

Through Tuesday, no action had been handed down. But previous communiques have been sent later in the week, meaning action could come Wednesday or Thursday -- if it's going to come. Motzko, speaking at his radio show Monday night, said he expects some sort of penalty.

"There probably will be ramifications, especially given the heat (WCHA officials) are under lately," Motzko said.

Finally, it appears unlikely there would be any sanction against Roe for a cross-checking major he took at the end of Saturday's game. Of course, no one will truly know for sure until we see what -- if any -- action the WCHA will take.

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll...Id=personaDest
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
      Boners up!
      Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
      Boners down!
      Whats with the sausage festival?
      SCSU!

Comment

Boners up!
        Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
        Boners down!
        Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post
        Whats with the sausage festival?
        It's an SCSU thread. What did you expect?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
          Colon cleansing posts.

Anybody plan on making it down to Mankato?
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

From the (unsigned - of course ) neg rep: "That was so funny I forgot to laugh." What the hell, are you 7? My 12 year old wouldn't even stoop that low.

Now Euro knows how to respond to a post like mine.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
              Colon cleansing posts.

Anybody plan on making it down to Mankato?
              Mankato sucks so bad, it's incredible. I would go, but there is such a great need for colon cleansing, that I wouldn't know where to start. I suppose I could just take it one colon at a time.
              Bob is making me concerned
              I am the voice of reason

Comment

Mankato sucks so bad, it's incredible. I would go, but there is such a great need for colon cleansing, that I wouldn't know where to start. I suppose I could just take it one colon at a time.
                I wanna cross Mankato off my list of places I need to see. Plus, how bad can a place be when you can drink at their rink and there's a titty bar right across the street?

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

I wanna cross Mankato off my list of places I need to see. Plus, how bad can a place be when you can drink at their rink and there's a titty bar right across the street?
                  It makes our cement box look like the Taj Mahal.
                  Originally posted by Skeeterman
                  Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                  "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

I wanna cross Mankato off my list of places I need to see.
                    No one NEEDS to see Mankato.

Plus, how bad can a place be when you can drink at their rink and there's a titty bar right across the street?
                    Oh, there are ways.
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

From the (unsigned - of course ) neg rep: "That was so funny I forgot to laugh." What the hell, are you 7? My 12 year old wouldn't even stoop that low.

Not that I care, but I gave no negative rep today. I have been gone all day till just now, although I think I will give you some for assuming and being a rodent lover.
                      Last edited by Husky4Life; 02-24-2010, 07:09 PM.
                      SCSU!

Comment

Good God. Whine some more.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

What happens in Mankato stays in Mankato, except herpes.

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                            What happens in Mankato stays in Mankato, except herpes.
                            No....

Vegas > Mankato.

Wait, I mean

Vegas >>>>>>> Mankato

Comment

INCH podcast from yesterday covers the Marvin hit among their WCHA talk, and calls it completely clean, but you can throw a penalty on it these days because they're trying to protect players.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/f...ast_022310.mp3

Wasn't that exactly what we were saying?

Comment

INCH podcast from yesterday covers the Marvin hit among their WCHA talk, and calls it completely clean, but you can throw a penalty on it these days because they're trying to protect players.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/f...ast_022310.mp3

Wasn't that exactly what we were saying?
                                Yes. The sad thing is even if they would have called a 2 minute penalty on it some Badger fans still would have whinned.

I just listened to what the INCH had to say. I had to laugh, you talk about calling Sconnie and UND fans out. Those guys were right on. Of course they must be classless too.
                                Last edited by scsutommyboy; 02-24-2010, 10:11 PM.
                                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X