Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU Season Thread 2-Do We Hate Everybody as Much as They Hate Us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU Season Thread 2-Do We Hate Everybody as Much as They Hate Us?

I am afraid the Mankato series will not be good. Sounds like Marvin will get 2 games since he was suspended once already this year. If they don't have an update on Raboin my guess is out til atleast the playoffs which would be three weeks to recover. Festler could also be held out and Roe is not out of the water for suspension. So we could be without Marvin, Roe, and Festler upfront and Raboin on D. Could hurt getting that 3 spot. Need to hope for gophers to sweep and CC to atleast get one point from UND to make to secure a top three finish and avoid playoff game and make for easier first round.

Comment

Originally posted by Realistic Husky View Post
      I am afraid the Mankato series will not be good. Sounds like Marvin will get 2 games since he was suspended once already this year. If they don't have an update on Raboin my guess is out til atleast the playoffs which would be three weeks to recover. Festler could also be held out and Roe is not out of the water for suspension. So we could be without Marvin, Roe, and Festler upfront and Raboin on D. Could hurt getting that 3 spot. Need to hope for gophers to sweep and CC to atleast get one point from UND to make to secure a top three finish and avoid playoff game and make for easier first round.
      Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. I would expect Marvin to be out one game if not both. The rest is completely up in the air. Festler and Raboin both have the bye weekend to heal up and I think it's clear that Raboin does not want to miss time. I didn't see the altercation Roe had but haven't heard too much about a suspension.

Skeets, is Dunn starting the rest of the way something you heard from Coach? Or is that just you thinking if you say something enough it will come true?

Comment

Motox, you will just need to read the update on the "Kevin Allenspach Show Featuring Bob Motzko" in the DaHuskies board.

I think Skeeterman is right, but I also listen to him! Reading between the lines, I would go with the Skeeterman theory. But the coach has two weeks to think it over!!

Word is that Geoffrion is fine and will not miss next week's games.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
          6:13 and coahes show still hasn't come on. god I hate KNSI!!!
          Delay was Old Chicago's doing. They decided to put the show in the back room due to a full bar. It forced them to send for alternate equipment that is the only stuff that works from the back room. Didn't get word of it until 5:40pm. Old Chicago to downtown and back, set-up and on by 6:15pm, not bad. God I hate people that don't have all the details and can still complain.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
            Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. I would expect Marvin to be out one game if not both. The rest is completely up in the air. Festler and Raboin both have the bye weekend to heal up and I think it's clear that Raboin does not want to miss time. I didn't see the altercation Roe had but haven't heard too much about a suspension.

Skeets, is Dunn starting the rest of the way something you heard from Coach? Or is that just you thinking if you say something enough it will come true?
            Dunn starting would be more of the latter. Although, he didn't say he wouldn't start Dunn the rest of the way. I also reported that to get either FTLT or Rabib in a tizzy, considering their mad love affair with Lee.
            Bob is making me concerned
            I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Reverse Sanity View Post
              Delay was Old Chicago's doing. They decided to put the show in the back room due to a full bar. It forced them to send for alternate equipment that is the only stuff that works from the back room. Didn't get word of it until 5:40pm. Old Chicago to downtown and back, set-up and on by 6:15pm, not bad. God I hate people that don't have all the details and can still complain.
              The show comes on late at least 50% of the time.
              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                The show comes on late at least 50% of the time.
                What is late? I did not realize you were programming KNSI. Pending on the commercial load from week to week the show can start at 6:07 or 6:11. Nothing more annoying than a person who does not know what the h**l they are talking about making statements of fact with no facts. Honestly, I believe KNSI wants as many listeners as possible, but may be just fine losing one. Stick to your unbelievable knowledge and insight on college hockey or buy a station and start programs when you would like.

Comment

Have we heard Marvin is getting suspended, or is that spectulation? Because I think he should be there.

I'd also expect Festler should be fine.

HOWEVER...

Let's say Raboin, Festler and Marvin miss the whole Mankato series, and Roe misses Friday, which I think is realistically worst case scenario, St. Cloud still should sweep Mankato. I'm not saying they 100% will, but the role players and the guys off the bench need to get fired up, know they need to step up, and for the guys who don't normally play, realize its their time to show their stuff.
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Wouldn't there be some word on Marvin by now if he was actually going to be suspended? They might just make him say a certain number of Hail Mary's or something. Also, would Derek Shepherd have a job if his daddy wasn't the head of officials?
                    I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Reverse Sanity View Post
                      What is late? I did not realize you were programming KNSI. Pending on the commercial load from week to week the show can start at 6:07 or 6:11. Nothing more annoying than a person who does not know what the h**l they are talking about making statements of fact with no facts. Honestly, I believe KNSI wants as many listeners as possible, but may be just fine losing one. Stick to your unbelievable knowledge and insight on college hockey or buy a station and start programs when you would like.
                      Think what you want Don it comes on a lot later than that most weeks.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                        Also, would Derek Shepherd have a job if his daddy wasn't the head of officials?
                        Not as a WCHA official. Maybe as a door to door Colo-Rooter salesman.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          Have we heard Marvin is getting suspended, or is that spectulation? Because I think he should be there.

I'd also expect Festler should be fine.

HOWEVER...

Let's say Raboin, Festler and Marvin miss the whole Mankato series, and Roe misses Friday, which I think is realistically worst case scenario, St. Cloud still should sweep Mankato. I'm not saying they 100% will, but the role players and the guys off the bench need to get fired up, know they need to step up, and for the guys who don't normally play, realize its their time to show their stuff.
                          I like your thinking of other guys stepping up but I don't think we stand a chance in mankato with these guys out which I strongly think will be the case. Lasch would have to play on a whole different line. We would be missing are two top centers and are best defensman. By removing these 4 we are basically taking a full powerplay unit off the ice. Also I don't expect them to announce the suspensions until atleast thursday. St. Cloud is off this weekend they are in no rush.

Comment

Originally posted by Realistic Husky View Post
                            I like your thinking of other guys stepping up but I don't think we stand a chance in mankato with these guys out which I strongly think will be the case. Lasch would have to play on a whole different line. We would be missing are two top centers and are best defensman. By removing these 4 we are basically taking a full powerplay unit off the ice. Also I don't expect them to announce the suspensions until atleast thursday. St. Cloud is off this weekend they are in no rush.
                            If we can't beat Mankato without Marvin, Roe, Festler and Raboin, then we don't deserve to be a No. 1 seed, period.

Also, other than hearing that Marvin will "probably" be suspended, all of those are pure speculation, so I highly doubt we'll have all four gone.
                            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Boners up!
                              I am the voice of reason

Comment

Boners down!

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Working...
                                X