Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU Season Thread 2-Do We Hate Everybody as Much as They Hate Us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU Season Thread 2-Do We Hate Everybody as Much as They Hate Us?

Question? What is the method for settling ties when it comes to WCHA standings? I know it varies whether you have played at team in 1 series or 2 but can't keep everything straight.
    Although this shouldn't matter that much since we should still get points against Mankato in 2 weeks which would assure of of home ice.

Comment

Originally posted by upperdeckguy View Post
      Question? What is the method for settling ties when it comes to WCHA standings?
      1. Head to head record
      2. Conference wins
      3. Lowest goals against in the games between the two tied teams
      4. Winning margin (goals for minus goals against)

Meaning a tie tomorrow would most likely give us the tiebreaker against Wisconsin...depending on how conference wins shake out. We already own the tiebreaker with UMD and CC owns the tiebreaker with us. With Denver it would depend upon conference wins. UND would need a miracle to catch us. They need to win out while we can't get another point. That would put them in a tie with us...and we'd have to look at conference wins.
      Last edited by Dude Love; 02-20-2010, 04:42 AM.
      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Looks like we've already clinched home ice.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/wchahoc...ateclinch.html
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

That site must have us clinching a tie for fifth, but not consider tiebreakers. The only way for North Dakota to catch us is for them to win out and us to lose out, which would give us the same number of conference wins and North Dakota would win the tie based on the third tiebreaker.
          SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
          UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
          Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
          Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
          UMD Football: 2008, 2010
          UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            Looks like we've already clinched home ice.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/wchahoc...ateclinch.html
            It also appears to be saying that if we win tonight we have an 84% chance of finishing 2nd in the league? Top 3 has to be the goal right now.

Comment

Other than when each of the five St. Cloud goals were scored, best moment of the game last night was in the third period when Don Lyons says, ". . . badgers down by four goals and playing like it."

Classic.

Comment

Thoughts from the game:

Officiating had a few moments, but it certainly didn't really factor into the loss.

Defense looked BAD, hope its a one (I mean two after last Saturday) game thing we can tuneup.

Hepp didn't look good, Mosey looked worse.

And why does everyone wanna change this up. One week we want Dunn starting, then we want Lee, which means neither's stepped up. Are we not in the top 5 in the nation? Leave it alone
                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I have not at any point this season felt like we should stick with one goalie or the other, however, after tonight I would be okay with sticking with Dunn if only because the team seems to back him up better.
                  SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                  UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                  Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                  Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                  UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                  UMD Men: 2011

Comment

It is true they seem to play better in front of dunn but i also have to think losing raboin in the first period didn't help. I'm not worried about Lee, especially not confidence wise but we seem to have made a lot of mistakes and way too many penalties.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Who's Mankato's captain? Apparently Aaron "The Cruncher" Marvin has his sights set on him.
                      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

"We just made some colossal mistakes," SCSU coach Bob Motzko said. "One, we had too many penalties. What we're doing taking those is ridiculous. That got them two power-play goals in the first. But we fought to get back in it and we put ourselves back in that game a couple of times. But when we made mistakes, they ended up in the back of our net."

"I missed it," Motzko said of Marvin's hit on Geoffrion. "Our bench was saying it was a good hit, but I know with the rule changes we'll have to see. I haven't seen the replay. I'm getting from other people that (Marvin's) shoulder hit (Geoffrion's) head. But (Marvin's) stick is down. I don't know. I have to watch it. Until I do that, it's hard for me to make a comment."

Motzko said Raboin's injury "was his own fault."

"He threw (the puck) off a shin pad and then he's battling for a loose puck," Motzko said. "It's unfortunate that he went into the boards like that."

Roe said neither Raboin's injury nor Geoffrion's crossed the line.

"Raboin's was kind of like a freak accident," Roe said. "He just kind of went (into the boards) the wrong way. It might've been a push from behind, but I think even (Raboin) wouldn't say it was a dirty hit. Marv's was just a solid hit. Sometimes injuries happen. Sometimes people get clipped when they're not looking. That was one of those plays where (Geoffrion) was wrong-place, wrong-time."

There was no debate about how losing Raboin impacted SCSU.

"It certainly wears on the defense, rotating five guys," Marvin said. "But you've just got to play through it. That's no excuse to get beat like this ... it doesn't matter who's in or who's out.

"You've got to give credit to Wisconsin, they came out and played physical and they got the puck to the net a lot," Marvin added. "They outworked us."

SCSU's 50 shots allowed was a season worst. Lee faced 20 shots in the first period and his play helped the Huskies face only a 2-1 deficit heading into the second. But he might've overplayed Ben Street's breakaway that resulted in a goal with .1 seconds remaining.

"They'd scored in the last minute, and it seemed like the momentum was shifting," Street said. "To shift it back for us was pretty big."

"(Street's goal) deflated us," Roe said. "It took our momentum away. But we still had 20 minutes to score a couple of goals, and this team can score with the best of them. We weren't too concerned, but that was one of those mistakes they didn't bury (Friday) and they did tonight. The game changed on it."

"(Smith) punched me in the face," Roe said. "I kind of pushed him back. Coach doesn't like that stuff and I should know better. But it got the best of me tonight. I've been better about it this year and hopefully it won't happen again."

Just before boarding the bus back home, however, Motzko found a ray of hope in the darkness.

"I'm happy with a lot of guys because we kept battling," he said. "We made some mistakes and we didn't get some saves. But we put ourselves back in the game a couple of times."
                        Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 02-21-2010, 12:53 AM.
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

6:13 and coahes show still hasn't come on. god I hate KNSI!!!
                          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Did Motzko give an update on Raboin and Festler on his show tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Realistic Husky View Post
                              Did Motzko give an update on Raboin and Festler on his show tonight?
                              Said they weren't sure when Raboin would be back. Lower body injury. Didn't hear anything on Festler.

Comment

During commercials, he said Festler should be OK. Dunn will be in goal the rest of the way. Lee has lost his confidence. Dunn lets in a softy, and he plays stronger, Lee makes a mistake and the rest isn't pretty.
                                Bob is making me concerned
                                I am the voice of reason

Comment

Working...
                                X