PDA

View Full Version : Hey, We Suck Less Now: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part VI

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

FadeToBlack&Gold
03-11-2010, 10:34 PM
please don't call our beloved Huskies pigs. :(

Referring to the state of the program, not our players. :)

Flashy Man
03-12-2010, 12:16 AM
I like the institutions commitment to home playoffs. They are so committed to that vision they schedule the Randy McKay 3 on 3 tournament the first weekend of playoffs.

bigmrg74
03-12-2010, 01:28 AM
I like the institutions commitment to home playoffs. They are so committed to that vision they schedule the Randy McKay 3 on 3 tournament the first weekend of playoffs.

Well, does somebody wanna go back and figure out when exactly MTU was mathametically eliminated from possiably hosting a first round play off game? You know, the 5 hosting the 6th ranked WCHA team in the tournement. Would have to figure that they've known they probably wouldn't be hosting this year for a while.

Biddco
03-12-2010, 08:43 AM
Well, does somebody wanna go back and figure out when exactly MTU was mathametically eliminated from possiably hosting a first round play off game? You know, the 5 hosting the 6th ranked WCHA team in the tournement. Would have to figure that they've known they probably wouldn't be hosting this year for a while.
After the first game :D

I keed I keed...

melmac
03-12-2010, 08:44 AM

I keed I keed...
Liar. :p

ColoToot
03-12-2010, 10:39 AM
A group of the Huskies attended the Avs game last night and spoke to them between the first and second period.

Equipment didn't arrive with them, so there was no practice on Wednesday.

Olson is still day to day and I got the impression from him that he may not be ready for tonight. Hope I'm wrong.

Hoping Genoe was inspired by seeing Roy's retired sweater hanging from the rafters and he'll pull a Ram/Teslak weekend.

Yager
03-12-2010, 10:52 AM
FYI, the bouncyball midwest regional schedule has been modified since Findlay somehow had travel problems and couldn't get here today.

Anyone want to inaccurately speculate on the reason? Possible scenarios include:

- Couldn't find Houghton, MI on the map.
- The team caught the AIDS while playing Northern in their last game and just found out.
- Jesus hates Ohio.
- While going through Flint, they stopped for gas. Final tally: 4 Stabbings, 2 Gun Shot Wounds, and 1 Train. Choo, choo!

Flashy Man
03-12-2010, 10:56 AM
FYI, the bouncyball midwest regional schedule has been modified since Findlay somehow had travel problems and couldn't get here today.

Anyone want to inaccurately speculate on the reason? Possible scenarios include:

- The team caught the AIDS while playing Northern in their last game and just found out.
- Jesus hates Ohio.
- While going through Flint, they stopped for gas. Final tally: 4 Stabbings, 2 Gun Shot Wounds, and 1 Train. Choo, choo!

- Bus driver had gephyrophobia.

FadeToBlack&Gold
03-12-2010, 12:52 PM
- Jesus hates Ohio.

I'll go with all of the above. :D

The Darkness
03-12-2010, 04:42 PM

- Jesus hates Ohio.

When you say train, do you mean an actual choo, choo, or something a little more scandalous/fun.

nmupiccdiva
03-12-2010, 04:44 PM

I keed I keed...

Uh... they won their first game unfortunately

MinnesotaNorthStar
03-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Uh... they won their first game unfortunatelyThat game doesn't count...they didn't play anyone. :D

*ducks*

Beer Pong Horn
03-12-2010, 04:48 PM
When you say train, do you mean an actual choo, choo, or something a little more scandalous/fun.

I was wondering the same thing, but I'm not sure that would be fun.

bigmrg74
03-12-2010, 07:18 PM

- Jesus hates Ohio.

Cheese and Rice. How in the heck do they have travel problems?? Short of a bus malfunction or the bus hit a moose, and thus not being able to get in at a decent hour, I'm not seeing it.

Flashy Man
03-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech topped Northern Kentucky 69-49 this evening in NCAA Women's Bouncyball Regional Quarterfinals. It was a pretty good atmosphere in the wood gym tonight, makes me wish for home hockey playoffs more.

bigblue_dl
03-12-2010, 08:00 PM
All I know is that a Michigan engineer was driving it.

R.J.AMBERALEBREW
03-12-2010, 08:19 PM
Tech topped Northern Kentucky 69-49 this evening in NCAA Women's Bouncyball Regional Quarterfinals. It was a pretty good atmosphere in the wood gym tonight, makes me wish for home hockey playoffs more.

Yeah, wouldn't home hockey playoffs be nice. You have to go back many years since that has happened.

Flashy Man
03-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Yeah, wouldn't home hockey playoffs be nice. You have to go back many years since that has happened.

'92 IIRC, but could be wrong.

R.J.AMBERALEBREW
03-12-2010, 08:53 PM
'92 IIRC, but could be wrong.

Thought it was farther back than that but you could be right. (That would make a good trivia question.)

Flashy Man
03-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Thought it was farther back than that but you could be right. (That would make a good trivia question.)

92-93 vs. St. Cloud State and we actually won.