PDA

View Full Version : Hey, We Suck Less Now: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part VI

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30

FadeToBlack&Gold
03-06-2010, 06:45 PM
How long is Olson out for?

Sounds like he's done for the rest of the year. Good thing the postseason will be short and he won't miss much.

manurespreader
03-06-2010, 10:31 PM
I wonder how many huskies are well enough to go to Denver. Might need to play some walk-ons again. Ufff-Duh!..

mtu_huskies
03-07-2010, 03:17 AM
Anyone know if Eli V. might be traveling to Denver?

Yager
03-07-2010, 05:06 AM
From this weeks game notes:
They forgot Mitch's Misfits Favorite Husky - Brett Olson

manurespreader
03-07-2010, 07:52 AM
reference our recruits, can anyone enlighten me, do we have a solid defenseman and a scorer in the mix?
actually we could use two solid defensemen, and two scorers.:)

FadeToBlack&Gold
03-07-2010, 08:35 PM
reference our recruits, can anyone enlighten me, do we have a solid defenseman and a scorer in the mix?
actually we could use two solid defensemen, and two scorers.:)

Defensemen: Dan Sova (Waterloo/USHL) has promise.

"Scorers" (assuming Mikesch doesn't coach it out of them): Dennis Rix (Grand Prarie/AJHL), possibly Ryan Furne (Green Bay/USHL). Tanner Kero (Marquette/NAHL), when he shows up in 2011 (he still leads the NAHL in goals, now with 30 in 49 games played).

FadeToBlack&Gold
03-09-2010, 02:45 PM
I don't care that we only have five wins, this shouldn't be on Page 3. :)

The Darkness
03-09-2010, 03:12 PM
I don't care that we only have five wins, this shouldn't be on Page 3. :)

We have 5 wins?

FadeToBlack&Gold
03-09-2010, 03:34 PM
We have 5 wins?

We can thank NMU, UMD, Mankato, and St, Clooud for their generosity. :D

Shirtless Guy
03-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Defensemen: Dan Sova (Waterloo/USHL) has promise.

"Scorers" (assuming Mikesch doesn't coach it out of them): Dennis Rix (Grand Prarie/AJHL), possibly Ryan Furne (Green Bay/USHL). Tanner Kero (Marquette/NAHL), when he shows up in 2011 (he still leads the NAHL in goals, now with 30 in 49 games played).
I think we'll like Stebner as a defensive defenseman...

Yager
03-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Must post more, save thread.

Oh and BTW. Yager was very disappointed to hear that the Tech crew on hand for the UND games did not sneak the flag in to the Ralph. I've had that flag pohl up my pant leg for the past 3 years, you guys are lame. Even if (when) it gets taken away, it is still worth it. Other than that, I heard good things and it sounds like you guys didn't SUCK too badly. Nice job.

bigblue_dl
03-09-2010, 09:16 PM

Oh and BTW. Yager was very disappointed to hear that the Tech crew on hand for the UND games did not sneak the flag in to the Ralph. I've had that flag pohl up my pant leg for the past 3 years, you guys are lame. Even if (when) it gets taken away, it is still worth it. Other than that, I heard good things and it sounds like you guys didn't SUCK too badly. Nice job.
We got yelled at by some REA ***** for saying the word "suck". The flag pole would have lasted exactly 5 seconds.

Dirty
03-09-2010, 09:28 PM
We got yelled at by some REA ***** for saying the word "suck". The flag pole would have lasted exactly 5 seconds.

At least I got yelled at by a real cop. I win!

FadeToBlack&Gold
03-09-2010, 09:58 PM
I think we'll like Stebner as a defensive defenseman...

I'm a bit concerned about his penalty minutes, though from what I've seen in box scores, AJHL officials do seem to make a lot of calls. And of course, he's probably called upon to do some fighting since it's allowed in junior hockey, so probably 1/3 of his PIM stat is due to that.

I suppose he can't be more inconsistent than Dorito.

Oh, and his team is currently playing Rix's team in the second round of the AJHL playoffs.

Yager
03-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Still would have been worth it. We can't live in fear of those Nazis.

The Rube
03-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Still would have been worth it. We can't live in fear of those Nazis.

Well, we did say/chant some things that the Martina Navritilova lookalike security guard didn't like.

"Where is Chay?!"

Brenthoven: Hey, Shirtless, I got this new Sioux vacuum! Know what it does?"
Shirtless: No, Brenthoven! What does it do?
Brenthoven: It SUCKS!

(after RNR Pt 2): "Hey! Radio Edit!"

After MTU's second goal, the arena was silent. So I yelled, "The silence you hear, is Ralph Engelstad Arena!

Biddco chimed in once, after that same goal, "IT'S A FESTIVUS MIRACLE!!!!"

Also, other assorted sandbag, levee, etc remarks were made rather loudly.

And as to the recently found out event in November.....I have four words:

You think I ain't????:D

bigmrg74
03-10-2010, 12:44 AM

Could always talk about how MTU is hosting the regionals in Women's basketball this weekend. Good shot at facing Northern Michigan again and earning a trip to the Elite Eight. ;)

hey, thread was **** close to the bottom of page one already....:p

Yager
03-10-2010, 01:50 AM
Could always talk about how MTU is hosting the regionals in Women's basketball this weekend. Good shot at facing Northern Michigan again and earning a trip to the Elite Eight. ;)

I wouldn't say Tech has a good shot at facing NMU, NMU would have to upset the #2 seed Indianapolis and then the winner of the #3 #6 seed game and Tech would have to win all there games just to meet in the finals. And achieving Tech sports shouldn't be talked about in this thread, it is not the theme.

bigblue_dl
03-10-2010, 11:06 AM
Well, we did say/chant some things that the Martina Navritilova lookalike security guard didn't like.

"Where is Chay?!"

Brenthoven: Hey, Shirtless, I got this new Sioux vacuum! Know what it does?"
Shirtless: No, Brenthoven! What does it do?
Brenthoven: It SUCKS!

(after RNR Pt 2): "Hey! Radio Edit!"

After MTU's second goal, the arena was silent. So I yelled, "The silence you hear, is Ralph Engelstad Arena!

Biddco chimed in once, after that same goal, "IT'S A FESTIVUS MIRACLE!!!!"

Also, other assorted sandbag, levee, etc remarks were made rather loudly.

And as to the recently found out event in November.....I have four words:

You think I ain't????:D
Also, I yelled at Martina Navritilova as I was leaving Friday night, very loudly (ask MEg, biddco, and "miss" fit): "SUCK IS NOT PROFANITY!!!!!!!"

We should have done Tech once.

Shirtless Guy
03-10-2010, 11:14 AM
I wouldn't say Tech has a good shot at facing NMU, NMU would have to upset the #2 seed Indianapolis and then the winner of the #3 #6 seed game and Tech would have to win all there games just to meet in the finals. And achieving Tech sports shouldn't be talked about in this thread, it is not the theme.

I thought Gannon was in our regional?