Yale & Brown @ Colage & Cornell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yale & Brown @ Colage & Cornell

When playing on back-to-back days Yale has been much better then first night (7-1) versus the second (3-2-3). Yale has also shown the ability to play big in big games this year.

I expect Blase to get the start against Colgate, and if they put up a W, again the next night against Cornell.

Amazingly, Yale is 4-1-1 vs Cornell over last 3 years and hasn't lost at Lynah since 2004. Is that enough to Jinx them? Let's hope not.....
    Last edited by yalehockeyfan; 02-07-2010, 02:15 PM.
    -------------
    Yale University 2013 National Champs

Re: Yale & Brown @ Colage & Cornell

Colage? Is this an intentional goof on Colgate or a terrible spelling blunder that wasn't picked up on the first time?

Anyway, I'm not expecting any results for Brown this weekend. We're always horrible against Cornell and "Colage" in general, but especially at Lynah and Starr. A single point from the weekend would be a surprise.

Yale's record is incredible against Cornell at Lynah recently! Good for you guys. Brown won there a couple years ago, but it was an absolute shock when it happened. We've become fairly accustomed to just going up there and losing.

Comment

Ylae and Brom will both beat Colage.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

It's COLGATE, COLGATE, COLGATE.....not Colage!

After a terrible showing vs. QU this weekend, who knows what team will show up at Starr on Frdiay? We do play better in our barn, and have a score to settle with Yale after last year's unbelievable meltdown.

Brown, not so much. The Bruno could take us by surprise if we hold off Yale. Splits on the weekend seem to be our MO right now...
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Clogate is the appropriate misspelling of Colgate.

Colage is the new fan favorite misspelling, however.
          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

I see that yhf fixed the misspelling in his post as well as the thread title on that post. Of course, that doesn't actually fix the thread title.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

-------------
              Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

This last weekend showed Cornell's warts. Ironically, they won the game in which they were outplayed and lost the game that, absent a very rare sieve performance by Scrivens, they played well enough to win.

Yale seems to be just getting stronger, so at the moment I'd say they have the slight edge Saturday. They are the kind of team -- fast, finesse -- that gives us fits.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  This last weekend showed Cornell's warts. Ironically, they won the game in which they were outplayed and lost the game that, absent a very rare sieve performance by Scrivens, they played well enough to win.

Yale seems to be just getting stronger, so at the moment I'd say they have the slight edge Saturday. They are the kind of team -- fast, finesse -- that gives us fits.
                  It definitely sounds like a game that will go to whichever team the refs want to win.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                    Ylae and Brom will both beat Colage.
                    Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                    Clogate is the appropriate misspelling of Colgate.
                    Could someone elaborate the meaning of these misspellings? I was told "Brom" is an old USCHO joke. I'm guessing the same with Ylae and Clogate?

Right now Colgate is the laughingstock of the ECAC after laying a goose egg vs. Quinnipiac. But you'll never know which 'Gate team will show up to play this coming weekend. As far as Brown goes, well they usually put on a clunker of a performance at Starr, but were able to win there last season...
                    Colgate '09

Comment

I would be positively shocked if Brown got any more than a point this weekend. Cornell is just too deep, and with the Bears skating without a couple top forwards and getting thinner by the day, Brown likely doesn't have the horses to hang with Cornell. It would take a special goaltending performance, which is also a bit too hopeful given Mike Clemente's inconsistencies over the past month.

In terms of Colgate, Brown may be able to squeeze a point or better out if they can hold the top line in check. Again, given the Bears' predilection for d-zone miscues, a shoddy PK, and inconsistencies on the PP, it may be asking a bit much. Coupling that with the fact that Brown has won twice at Starr since the Nixon administration leads to my thinking that this game is Colgate's to lose.

On the intangibles' front, Brown enters the weekend two points behind Harvard (hosting RPI/Union) and three behind Quinnipiac (visiting SLU and Clarkson) for a potential home ice series in the first round. After laying an egg at home (only 1 point this past weekend), my guess is the guys will be itching to go with so much at stake with each passing game.

Comment

I wonder who is going to pull out big wins this weekend. Cornell needs to play very well against yale this weekend. The refs will play a huge roll, with both powerplays being very good. I wonder who they will be for this big game. This up in comming weekend is going to be great games.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                          Could someone elaborate the meaning of these misspellings? I was told "Brom" is an old USCHO joke. I'm guessing the same with Ylae and Clogate?
                          Brom and Ylae are old jokes. Not familiar with Clogate, though I would have guessed Coglate would have caught on first. But what do I know?

The Raiders have been inconsistent this year, but we do have a tie with Yale from October. I generally still like our chances playing on home ice, so that gives me confidence going into the weekend. Evin has really settled in nicely to the #1 job, so if he keeps that up, and we get actual contributions from the offense (*cough*QuinnipiacSt.Lawrence*coughcough*), we should have a real opportunity for 4 points. Consistent effort and level of play is going to be the key, because we're not really good enough to play poorly and win
                          ECAC Champions: 1990
                          NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
                          ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
                          NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
                          Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                            Right now Colgate is the laughingstock of the ECAC after laying a goose egg vs. Quinnipiac.
                            No I think Clarkson clinched that spot for the season this past weekend.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheValleyRaider View Post
                              Evin has really settled in nicely to the #1 job
                              I watched the QU-Colgate game on CBSCS (great coverage, BTW) and I thought he looked great. The team's offense is really what let it down, because Evin had a tremendous game and the defense kept a very potent QU attack under control for the most part.

Comment

Working...
                              X