PDA

View Full Version : The Battle of the Michigan Directional Schools 2010--Western @ Northern Feb 12-13

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

nmupiccdiva
02-07-2010, 11:57 AM
NMU is coming off a 5 point weekend at Ferris. Western shocked the heck out of everyone by soundly sweeping Notre Dame.

Another big weekend for both teams. Maybe we'll actually get some Western people in this series thread, too.

Discuss.

devildog
02-07-2010, 01:15 PM
To bad, for me, is the game is not at Western. My brother lives in Kalamazoo and I would made the 5 hour trip to see this series. 12+ hour drive not in the cards, though.
Cats don't seem to do well against teams they are supposed to beat. But after the Broncos swept the Irish, not so sure we will be favored to win his one, at least not by much.
I am nervous about this one. How about Marquette getting a few fans in the stands this time?

WildcatGoal
02-07-2010, 01:41 PM
As it has been said, each game is bigger and bigger now. NMU has a very good shot at the four seed and the bye. We have to stay out of the penalty box.

Billy Blanks
02-07-2010, 03:33 PM
I just noticed that several schools ahead of us only have 4 games left, while we have 6. We actually have a shot at the 2 seed, but I'll settle for 4th. :-)

Wow, what a difference a weekend makes! Up until last night, I was still fuming about the UNO series.

kariya
02-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Really proud of the way Brian Stewert played against Ferris. The Broncos have a very good goalie. Greg Squires is a very good set-up man once recruited by Boston University, (you will have to do your research why he didn't play there). The Broncos have a great goalie who honestly if it wasn't for him their record could be much worse than what it is. Should be a fun series to listen too. Go Cats!

WildcatGoal
02-07-2010, 04:50 PM
It is amazing how after a big weekend, you just can't wait for the next weekend to come.

Anybody know what the visitor section is at Yost?

nmu_27
02-07-2010, 06:30 PM
It is amazing how after a big weekend, you just can't wait for the next weekend to come.

Anybody know what the visit section is at Yost?

If you get tickets in the 'visiting fan' section you are way up in the back corner of the arena on the end NMU attacks twice. Really about the poorest seats you could have (unless you'd really hate being near the band).

I suggest seeing if any other seats are available.

Yager
02-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Go Southern Michigan U!

kdilks
02-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Go Northwestern Michigan College!

nmupiccdiva
02-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Go Northwestern Michigan College!

When the hell did THEY get hockey? Hell, when did they get freaking sports?? :eek: :eek:

/TC native.

WildcatGoal
02-07-2010, 07:42 PM
If you get tickets in the 'visiting fan' section you are way up in the back corner of the arena on the end NMU attacks twice. Really about the poorest seats you could have (unless you'd really hate being near the band).

I suggest seeing if any other seats are available.

Thanks, where do you suggest?

kdilks
02-07-2010, 08:22 PM
When the hell did THEY get hockey? Hell, when did they get freaking sports?? :eek: :eek:

/TC native.

Same time Southern Michigan University did =P.

...yet strangely enough, you can still buy Northwestern Michigan College Hockey apparel?

http://www.prepsportswear.com/college/us/Michigan/Northwestern-Michigan-College-Traverse-City/Shops-Top-Sellers/ProductList.aspx?category=183&page=0&pkeyword=&schoolid=2064628

nmupiccdiva
02-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Same time Southern Michigan University did =P.

...yet strangely enough, you can still buy Northwestern Michigan College Hockey apparel?

http://www.prepsportswear.com/college/us/Michigan/Northwestern-Michigan-College-Traverse-City/Shops-Top-Sellers/ProductList.aspx?category=183&page=0&pkeyword=&schoolid=2064628

HO.LY. SHYTE!

I hope so, I freaking WANT ONE!

nmu_27
02-07-2010, 09:20 PM

Obviously along one side is the student section, where you wouldn't want to be. The other side I believe is mostly season ticket holders. My guess is the ends will be where the most tickets will be available.

My best tickets at Yost were on the same end where they put the visitors, but were centered behind the opposing goalie and closer to the ice.

Note: If you go to U of M's online ticket purchasing site. Where they put opposing fans is up in the corner of section 11. The best seats I've gotten were closer to the ice in section 10.

As an aside, it is also fun to bring a plastic horn to Yost and make loud noise every time NMU scores.

DETBrass27
02-07-2010, 09:46 PM

Here's a view from section 9 (bleachers on the end NMU attacks twice) Overall, not bad sightlines unless you're on the extreme ends of section 9 or 11.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3260/3353527091_d7411a1045.jpg

kdilks
02-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Obviously along one side is the student section, where you wouldn't want to be. The other side I believe is mostly season ticket holders. My guess is the ends will be where the most tickets will be available.

My best tickets at Yost were on the same end where they put the visitors, but were centered behind the opposing goalie and closer to the ice.

Note: If you go to U of M's online ticket purchasing site. Where they put opposing fans is up in the corner of section 11. The best seats I've gotten were closer to the ice in section 10.

As an aside, it is also fun to bring a plastic horn to Yost and make loud noise every time NMU scores.

Actually, the student section might not be that bad of an option. This year the students have really been overloading to one side (the side where Michigan shoots twice/you can actually hear the band), so there should be a decent amount of space and not terribly much hostility in sections 12 and 13, where you would only have the privilege of seeing Michigan shoot for one period ;). You don't need a student ID, and they generally don't check your ticket, so you could give that a try no matter where your seats actually are.

WildcatGoal
02-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Thanks everyone for the help!

MichPieGuy
02-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Tough one for me, with two "sort of" horses in the race. My sons both attended WMU (one an alum and now an NHL team employee, one a senior and ancillarily tied to the program), yet I have allegiances also to Walt and the Wildcat program. I must say that a stronger piece of me is right now rooting for WMU as a "thank-you" for brooming the despised Irish last weekend. But I also know that WMU won't ever be competitive in the longer term till they send Culhane packing, so it's hard to root for an eleventh hour WMU run that might save his bacon-yet again. NMU can make it to the Joe (yet again), and they aren't so far removed from those above them to think they couldn't find a way to Ford Field. Not so for the Broncos, though Gill is capable of stealing a post-season series. Two teams with potential lights-out goaltending on any given night that need more talent on the roster, and better coaching in the WMU case, to be consistently a part of the upper echelon.

I make it a split.

NMUCatChat
02-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Ferris Recap/Western Preview

******** width="425" height="344">******* name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ml8hRyhZIDc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param>******* name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>******* name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>******* src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ml8hRyhZIDc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

moe24
02-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Maybe we'll actually get some Western people in this series thread, too.

Doubt it. ;)