PDA

View Full Version : The Battle of the Michigan Directional Schools 2010--Western @ Northern Feb 12-13

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

WildcatGoal
02-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Remember the epic battle in 2002 against Western, we lost 9-7. That was a heck of a game, eh??

I do!

kariya
02-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself! I think the series will be goaltending battle and low scoring Northern winning 2-1 Friday and 4-2 Saturday, empty net goal in the last 1:30!

bronconick
02-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Let's be honest here. Everyone in this thread would soil themselves if there were 16 goals scored in a night this weekend.

Taz
02-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Let's be honest here. Everyone in this thread would soil themselves if there were 16 goals scored in a night this weekend.

Last weekend was bad enough - on my wallet. The Broncos managed to find their scoring mojo on a weekend when I'd committed to donate $$$ to the American Cancer Society for every goal they scored. Really - I'm glad they finally got some points, but my checkbook is going to suffer. :eek:

MOJO
02-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Gotta love the marketing folks at UNO. I wish NMU had some of their creativity...

http://www.omavs.com/custompages/gallery/insider/michigan/index.html

davyd83
02-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Gotta love the marketing folks at UNO. I wish NMU had some of their creativity...

I wonder what they had to pay Hollywood for the use of those clips...

NMU8405
02-12-2010, 07:39 AM

NMU doesnt understand video on websites :rolleyes:

WildcatGoal
02-12-2010, 09:18 AM
That is pretty sweet!

MOJO
02-12-2010, 10:05 AM
I wonder what they had to pay Hollywood for the use of those clips...

DaveyD, I'm pretty sure they marketed this through electronic means and not on television. Imagine if NMU did the same with their vast email network of current and former students.

This weeks theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQRfBAzSzo

Billy Blanks
02-12-2010, 10:24 AM
DaveyD, I'm pretty sure they marketed this through electronic means and not on television. Imagine if NMU did the same with their vast email network of current and former students.

I'm going to send this to the NMU Alumni department and see if they can get together with the marketin department. It would be great if we had something like this going into the last weekend of the season to get everyone pumped up. That clip really got my blood pumping!!!

Go Cats!!!!

NOTHING LESS THAN A SWEEP!!!!!

5-1 Friday

4-0 Saturday!

NMU8405
02-12-2010, 10:39 AM
I'm going to send this to the NMU Alumni department and see if they can get together with the marketin department. It would be great if we had something like this going into the last weekend of the season to get everyone pumped up. That clip really got my blood pumping!!!

Go Cats!!!!

NOTHING LESS THAN A SWEEP!!!!!

5-1 Friday

4-0 Saturday!

They wont listen. We offered to put up video/replay screens at Cat Chat's expense, and they said no.

aparch
02-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Speaking of the last weekend, don't forget that it is also the annual hockey auction, just in time for those of you who submitted your tax returns early. :)

WildcatGoal
02-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Any Butcher updates? I saw Fox was back last weekend.

Billy Blanks
02-12-2010, 12:15 PM
They wont listen. We offered to put up video/replay screens at Cat Chat's expense, and they said no.

What do you mean video/replay screens? Wouldn't that cost about $500k?

aparch
02-12-2010, 01:29 PM
I heard that Butcher is in; so is Fox. Definetly need Butcher back for his faceoffs, Brown has struggled as of late.

Oh and I'm working on a list of items that will be available in the silent auction at the end of February.

davyd83
02-12-2010, 01:38 PM

Whether via TV or internet, you still need clearance to use their product. Especially if you are using it to promote or sell something.

aparch
02-12-2010, 01:51 PM
I would assume the clips assembled like they were fall under any "fair use" laws.

And I like how they used ripped copies of the movies (Divx logo) :D

WildcatGoal
02-12-2010, 04:58 PM
I heard that Butcher is in; so is Fox. Definetly need Butcher back for his faceoffs, Brown has struggled as of late.

Oh and I'm working on a list of items that will be available in the silent auction at the end of February.

Very good news! We need Butcher! I watched the UNO video clip again, love it!

NMUFAN
02-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Solid win for the Cats tonite. But there's one more game to finish this weekend. Three more points is a must.

GO CATS!!!

NMU8405
02-13-2010, 07:11 AM
Overall, a good looking game for the 'Cats who actually trailed in this one. They got caught flat footed in the first and it showed when WMU took the 2-1 lead. The 'Cats answered back quickly to tie it before the end of the first, and the second period, well...its prob the best Ive seen this team play all season. Passes, dekes, beautiful goals....

Olver's goal in the third on Kuhn was a rocket to where Mama hides the cookies. Sniped.

Stewey put together a solid game, let in some goals he would like back in the first, but the offense showed and it was an afterthought by the final buzzer.

With a win tonight, the 'Cats can move into 4th, and be 1 point behind Ferris for third depending on other outcomes across the league.

I also didnt like the "Kneeing" call on the Western Player. The play was about 3 feet off the boards, and the WMU player went low. Real low. The top of his head hit the boards, thats how low he went on Kosinski. The 5 min major was correct, but I think a Game Misconduct or DQ was warranted (As a side note, I think this was the first 5 min major Ive seen called without tagging a GM or a DQ with it).