Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota State @ UW.... back to indoor hockey.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State @ UW.... back to indoor hockey.

The Lady Mavericks snapped an 0-42-2 winless streak against Wisconsin this afternoon with a 5-3 win. Maybe that's a good sign?
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
      The Lady Mavericks snapped an 0-42-2 winless streak against Wisconsin this afternoon with a 5-3 win. Maybe that's a good sign?
      They only won because 1/4 of the UW women are in Vancouver.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucky-Bucky Backer View Post
        They only won because 1/4 of the UW women are in Vancouver.
        It definitely played a role, but the Mavs are missing a couple girls to the Olympics too, and UW was still ranked #10 in the country.
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

I am so glad that the game is on TV tonight!
          So I will be watching the game in FAUX HD on FSN

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
            Maybe. The Lady Mavericks definetly caught the lucky breaks because the Badgers were waaaaay ahead in the shots on goal ratio.

Originally posted by jwilli View Post
            I'm not so interested in getting the MacNaughton, we need the wins to get past Denver in the PWR and take the better seed in the NCAA. Riding Gudmandson now seems the best way to try and get that done.
            IMO, if the Badgers just focus on winning one game at a time, winning the MacNaughton and surpassing Denver in the standings will take care of itself.
            This probably sounds cliche, but the Badgers need to focus on the one thing they can control: winning the rest of their games.
            Im a fan of sticking with Gudmanson. Right now he is the hot goalie and unless he goes into a huge slump I think that putting Bennett at goal would be a mistake. Bennett is a good goalie, but he just doesnt have the confidence and poise that Gudmanson does.
            Last edited by GoBucky36; 02-12-2010, 06:13 PM.
            A Badger living in Buckeye country.
            Originally posted by MadCityRich
            He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
            Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
            Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
            "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Well, a win's a win I guess, but that was terrible.

Comment

It didn't help that MSU played dirty. What was it? 20 penalties?
                Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                  Yeah, but UAA pulled that same stuff, and we still managed to hammer them. I don't think the way MSU played is any excuse for some of the plays we made out there tonight.

That being said, we won, kept pace with DU, I'm not going to be too mad. Although I dare say I would have grounds to be upset if I wanted too.

Comment

Badgers obviously played with the Mavericks and made them look silly... but man do they take dives! Badgers flopping around all over the place, with Gardiner's leap into the crossbar during the third period (resulting in a Mavericks game misconduct) being the absolute worst. Had to watch the replay of that one over and over, laughing as he crouched down before leaping off his feet to hit the crossbar hard enuff to knock the goalpost off and make it appear something other than a delay of game.

Anyways, Mavs look as bad as ever... but Wisconsin doesn't impress me as much as I thought they would.
                    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month."
                    - Herb Brooks (1937-2003)

Minnesota State University. "You Betcha"!

Comment

The play that stood out to me was Rylan Galiardi throwing an elbow to the back of B Smith's head down in the corner.
                      If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

When UW was a middle of the pack team, they played the same way against Minn and UND. Better teams rely on skill, lesser teams rely on physical play to try to control the game.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                          Well, a win's a win I guess, but that was terrible.
                          Yeah, there was a lot of ugliness out there last night.

That 2nd goal Goody gave up was ugly. Aweful play by the D on that play as well.

Way too many sh opportunities for Kato. I liked how they pressured the puck up high, smothering UW's D. But then UW figured out how to get around that by passing the puck down low.

The officiating wasn't the worst I've seen this year, but there were bad calls as usual. I think the refs let Kato get away with some stuff in the 3rd that they had called the first 2 periods, but they knew they couldn't give UW 15 pp's in one game.

SEAL THE DEAL tonight boys. The sue and rodents did UW no favors last night, not that we'd expect any favors from those things.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by CavalryNate View Post
                            Badgers obviously played with the Mavericks and made them look silly... but man do they take dives! Badgers flopping around all over the place, with Gardiner's leap into the crossbar during the third period (resulting in a Mavericks game misconduct) being the absolute worst.
                            Just to be clear, the game misconduct was for what the MSU kid said afterwards. It was something around the lines of "What the ******* are you talking about?"
                            Now if, the play happened like you said it did, he was probably justified for saying that, but the misconduct wasn't for the penalty itself.

Comment

I believe the game tonight will be very chippy and I think the refs will let some of the penalties go this time and it will become a very rough game

Comment

Not every penalty is necessarily "dirty," but they are what has essentially turned me off from the Mavs. I'll still cheer for them, but the utter lack of discipline and stupidity game after game is appalling.

I was at the Wild game last night, so basically FFD the DVR through most of the game when I got home. I didn't see the elbow mentioned earlier, but that sounds about right. (And I deleted the DVR recording already so I can't review.) I'm sure Jutting will blame the ref's for picking on his players again, too

I'm all for gritty, physical hockey, but you have to do it smart. Until the cheap crap stops, this team deserves everything they get.
                                Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
                                Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Working...
                                X