Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota State @ UW.... back to indoor hockey.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State @ UW.... back to indoor hockey.

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
    Maybe they don't trust people to be able to understand a difference between the two days, and want to keep it consistent for the whole weekend?
    That thought did occur to me.

What I'd really like to see is Friday games start at 7:30 (so there's enough time after work to enjoy dinner and drinks before the game), and Saturday games start at 7:00. But perhaps, here too, the Athletic Department is worried people will get confused.
    Last edited by RedFreak; 02-08-2010, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ganzhimself View Post
      UW sweeps.

Next.
      I hope so we need a 4 point weekend for a change
      The Quest For 7

Comment

UW sweeps.

Next.
        Hope so... have my boss' tickets friday night. Woohoo!
        Originally posted by solovsfett
        To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

UW sweeps.

Next.
          Hopefully both nights are a 5 goal free for all as well!
          A Badger living in Buckeye country.
          Originally posted by MadCityRich
          He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
          Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
          Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
          "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
            That thought did occur to me.

What I'd really like to see is Friday games start at 7:30 (so there's enough time after work to enjoy dinner and drinks before the game), and Saturday games start at 7:00. But perhaps, here too, the Athletic Department is worried people will get confused.
            with the way ticket sales have gone this season, the less confusion the better. I'm guessing neither will be sellouts this weekend either... Thanks local media for ignoring the #3 team in the country... BRUTAL!
            The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
              with the way ticket sales have gone this season, the less confusion the better. I'm guessing neither will be sellouts this weekend either... Thanks local media for ignoring the #3 team in the country... BRUTAL!
              I got an e-mail today reminding me of the time change, but I think that's only because I signed up for Hockey Ticket info.
              I certainly wouldn't expect sellouts, but maybe we get a little excitement for hockey after the CRHC, maybe push 13,500 on Friday, 14,000 on Saturday?

I'd say those are pretty darn good numbers for playing against the 9th place team in the WCHA

Comment

I got an e-mail today reminding me of the time change, but I think that's only because I signed up for Hockey Ticket info.
                I certainly wouldn't expect sellouts, but maybe we get a little excitement for hockey after the CRHC, maybe push 13,500 on Friday, 14,000 on Saturday?

I'd say those are pretty darn good numbers for playing against the 9th place team in the WCHA
                I doubt it will be that high. Many parents arent to sure if they should go because of the late start. Kids and bedtime
                One of my boys will be coming with me though, screw the bedtime, I will get to sleep in

Comment

Originally posted by Red Till I'm Dead! View Post
                  I doubt it will be that high. Many parents arent to sure if they should go because of the late start. Kids and bedtime
                  One of my boys will be coming with me though, screw the bedtime, I will get to sleep in
                  Oh, forgot about that issue. Still, we got 13,000 Saturday against Tech, I don't think it's too crazy to hope for a little more.

Comment

Oh, forgot about that issue. Still, we got 13,000 Saturday against Tech, I don't think it's too crazy to hope for a little more.
                    True. I hope your right, but that was a 7pm start.
                    But hopefully the CRHC will bring in extras to the game

Comment

Originally posted by Red Till I'm Dead! View Post
                      I could see that if the game were on a Sunday, but its not. The kiddos can always sleep in on Sunday.
                      He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                      I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                      "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

I'm just happy that I'll be able to watch both games; Friday on NHL Network, Saturday on Fox College Sports Central.
                        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post

IMHO, 7:30 is too late to start a game for those of us to travel about an hr to get to the KC. Right now we get home around 10:45 without a Culvers detour. 11:15 would suck.

So, will Bennett get a chance this weekend to show Eaves he still should be in the rotation? I think Eaves will give him a start. But Eaves can't take Kato too lightly either. There's no gimme's in the WCHA.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            IMHO, 7:30 is too late to start a game for those of us to travel about an hr to get to the KC. Right now we get home around 10:45 without a Culvers detour. 11:15 would suck.

So, will Bennett get a chance this weekend to show Eaves he still should be in the rotation? I think Eaves will give him a start. But Eaves can't take Kato too lightly either. There's no gimme's in the WCHA.
                            I agree. My parents often come down from Fond du Lac (about an hour) and were looking for tickets for Saturday night. After I told them about the 8:00 start time, they decided not to come. That situation may be in the minute minority but I still think it will be a hassle for pretty much anyone not from Madison.

On the plus side, most students are too unobservant to notice a time change. The KC student section might get tricked into being relatively full before the game even starts .
                            In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                            I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              Gudmanson is the hot right now, I think Eaves will stick with him at least for now.
                              Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                              I agree. My parents often come down from Fond du Lac (about an hour) and were looking for tickets for Saturday night. After I told them about the 8:00 start time, they decided not to come. That situation may be in the minute minority but I still think it will be a hassle for pretty much anyone not from Madison.

On the plus side, most students are too unobservant to notice a time change. The KC student section might get tricked into being relatively full before the game even starts .
                              Thats one of the many reasons why Im very thankful that I live in downtown Madison. Im only about 5 minutes away from the Kohl.
                              It would definetly suck for anyone who has to drive a distance though, especially if they have to get up early and do something on Sunday.

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...021110aab.html
                                The No. 3 Wisconsin men's hockey team (16-7-4, 11-6-3 WCHA) gets back into conference play as it battles the Minnesota State Mavericks (12-14-2, 6-13-1 WCHA) this weekend at the Kohl Center. Both games begin at 8 p.m.
                                Minnesota State will be the first unranked opponent the Badgers have faced since Jan. 2 and just their second unranked opponent since the first weekend of December. Rankings mean little, however, as the Badgers and Mavericks split a series in Mankato back on Oct. 23-24. Wisconsin captured the first game, 6-0, and dropped the second, 3-2. Wisconsin leads the all-time series by a 18-14-4 edge and a 13-4-1 margin in Madison.

The Badgers have won the last three games in the series at the Kohl Center, including a first-round WCHA playoff sweep last March 13-14. The Badgers own five series sweeps over the Mavericks, all at home, and would enjoy making it six this weekend.

The Badgers have much going for them at this point. Wisconsin boasts the nation's second highest-scoring offense, led by Hobey Baker Award candidate and the nation's leading scorer on the blue line in junior Brendan Smith (33 points). Junior goaltender Scott Gudmandson currently owns a nine-game unbeaten streak (6-0-3) and senior forward Blake Geoffrion owns the top spot in the WCHA with 18 goals in all games and 16 in WCHA play. In addition, Badger freshman forward Craig Smith is tops among WCHA freshmen in league scoring with 20 total points.

The Badgers have been successful at home to this point, with a 9-2-3 record at the Kohl Center and an eight-game home unbeaten streak (6-0-2). Wisconsin aims to stay hot at home and continue momentum heading into the final four regular-season series.

Comment

Working...
                                X