New Poll Predictions for 2/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Poll Predictions for 2/8

This is assuming Wentworth wins tomorrow...

Not an easy week with all the losses in the top 15. But, I dont think there will be much moving around. A lot of people might think Plattsburgh and Elmira should fall a bit. Maybe below Williams and GAC, but I dont think it will happen.

Here's my take:

1.Oswego
    2.Norwich
    3.St. Scholastica
    4.St. Norbert
    5.Plattsburgh
    6.Elmira
    7.Williams
    8.Gustavus Adolphus
    9.Hamline
    10.Middlebury
    11.Amherst
    12.Adrian
    13.River Falls
    14.Wentworth
    15.Bowdoin
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: New Poll Predictions for 2/8

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Not an easy week with all the losses in the top 15. But, I dont think there will be much moving around. A lot of people might think Plattsburgh and Elmira should fall a bit. Maybe below Williams and GAC, but I dont think it will happen.

Here's my take:

1.Oswego
    2.Norwich
    3.St. Scholastica
    4.St. Norbert
    5.Plattsburgh
    6.Elmira
    7.Williams
    What Plattsburgh has to be number one, after all, they didn't lose to Elmira or Williams
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

But they DID lose to Middlebury
      Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

A lot of people might think Plattsburgh and Elmira should fall a bit. Maybe below Williams and GAC, but I don't think it will happen.
        Plattsburgh should never move below Williams. They dominated Williams in the play of the game and if they capitalized on a fourth of their chances it would have been a 4-1 Platty win.

Awesome win for Williams Saturday, and looking forward to attending Tuesday's game. Hope the snow waits for the finish.

Comment

Here's my take:

1.Oswego
          2.Norwich
          3.St. Scholastica
          4.St. Norbert
          5.Plattsburgh
          6.Elmira
          7.Williams
          8.Gustavus Adolphus
          9.Hamline
          10.Middlebury
          11.Amherst
          12.Adrian
          13.River Falls
          14.Wentworth
          15.Bowdoin
          Prez:

I usually do not get involved in poll discussions because they mean squat. They do however fuel discussions. Because of this, I have to ask how St. Scholastica jumped SNC in your opinion.

Real World
          SNC 17-3-3 (.804)
          12-2-2 26 pts. in the NCHA

St. Scholastica 16-3-4 (.783)
          10-2-4 24 pts. in the NCHA

Just curious!
          SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Blake's Brother View Post
            Prez:

I usually do not get involved in poll discussions because they mean squat. They do however fuel discussions. Because of this, I have to ask how St. Scholastica jumped SNC in your opinion.

Real World
            SNC 17-3-3 (.804)
            12-2-2 26 pts. in the NCHA

St. Scholastica 16-3-4 (.783)
            10-2-4 24 pts. in the NCHA

Just curious!
            First run through...St. Norbert was #3.

Second run through i said what the heck and put CSS #3 because they won on Saturday while SNC tied Superior.

That's the only reason. Me, being an eastern that hasn't seen either team play, I think of them as the same team for the most part because of their similar records and then they tied on Friday making the equal comparison seem even more true.

I think these two teams are interlocked to wherever the other goes through the rest of the year unless one loses while the other wins etc.

So, since SNC tied, while St. Scholastica won, that's why I moved them ahead. Will it happen? Probably not. But, I went for it anyway.
            GO LAKERS!!!
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

First run through...St. Norbert was #3.

Second run through i said what the heck and put CSS #3 because they won on Saturday while SNC tied Superior.

That's the only reason. Me, being an eastern that hasn't seen either team play, I think of them as the same team for the most part because of their similar records and then they tied on Friday making the equal comparison seem even more true.

I think these two teams are interlocked to wherever the other goes through the rest of the year unless one loses while the other wins etc.

So, since SNC tied, while St. Scholastica won, that's why I moved them ahead. Will it happen? Probably not. But, I went for it anyway.
              Thanks for your comments. You are correct that it is difficult to place position because we as Dlll fans rarely get to see the other teams out of our regions. You are also correct that SNC and St. Scholastica are two teams closely matched. The tie on Friday night was a plus for SNC. The tie on Saturday to Soup was not so much, but still a plus if you understand the history between the two teams and the way that they go at each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Blake's Brother View Post
                Thanks for your comments. You are correct that it is difficult to place position because we as Dlll fans rarely get to see the other teams out of our regions. You are also correct that SNC and St. Scholastica are two teams closely matched. The tie on Friday night was a plus for SNC. The tie on Saturday to Soup was not so much, but still a plus if you understand the history between the two teams and the way that they go at each other.
                The Sat tie was a BIG disappoinment to the traveling SNC faithful in attendance: Mr. Popcorn, US Oil Jim, GB Hockey Gal & Max., plus others. We thought that after the struggle with CSS on Friday, that we would come out with a little more fire versus Superior.
                We did get a chance to visit with a couple very nice Jacket player parents at the Superior Holiday Inn, prior to the game on Sat.
                We also appreciated the 4:00 start...got us home before midnite for a change.
                SNC Men:
                Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                SNC Women:
                O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                  The Sat tie was a BIG disappoinment to the traveling SNC faithful in attendance: Mr. Popcorn, US Oil Jim, GB Hockey Gal & Max., plus others. We thought that after the struggle with CSS on Friday, that we would come out with a little more fire versus Superior.
                  We did get a chance to visit with a couple very nice Jacket player parents at the Superior Holiday Inn, prior to the game on Sat.
                  We also appreciated the 4:00 start...got us home before midnite for a change.
                  So is there justification for putting CSS at #3 after this weekend for the POLL's purposes?

I know St. Norbert obviously has the bigger name and the better record. So two factors going their way.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

So is there justification for putting CSS at #3 after this weekend for the POLL's purposes?

I know St. Norbert obviously has the bigger name and the better record. So two factors going their way.
                    I would say we just edge them out for #3 this week.
                    SNC Men:
                    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                    SNC Women:
                    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

A glass half full, half empty type of question. Do you look at it as SNC going to ST. S and getting the tie in their barn, which in my opinion is a plus followed by another tie at Soup, a traditionally tough opponent even though their record is down thi year? Or just the opposite?

As far as St. Scholatica-Was it a succesful weekend securing a tie in your own barn to SNC and then beating Point? or was it really a weekend that you pushed for 4 points and only got 3?

As far as Petes comments, I think he is refering to the lat minute give up goal to Soup and the casual play that we have seen out of SNC this year on occasion. I am sure that he will expand on his comments.

Comment

1.Oswego
                        2.Norwich
                        3.St. Scholastica
                        4.St. Norbert
                        5.Plattsburgh
                        6.Elmira
                        7.Williams
                        8.Gustavus Adolphus
                        9.Hamline
                        10.Middlebury
                        11.Amherst
                        12.Adrian
                        13.River Falls
                        14.Wentworth
                        15.Bowdoin
                        I wonder how the 1st place votes will go

Proud Grandpa of Haley,Adam & Luke
                        A Retired shop teacher and proud of it (35 years )

OSWEGO STATE Almost class of 1973

OSWEGO STATE LAKERS 2007 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                        Oswego, from the Indian Oshwakee, "the flowing out of the waters."
                        Arizona State Class of 1974
                        ASU THE ACHA D1 2014 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                        Arizona based on the Pima Indian word arizonac, meaning "little spring place."

Comment

Originally posted by Irishdave View Post
                          I wonder how the 1st place votes will go
                          lol............all to OZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

well being as Norwich FINALLY lost...those ties are gonna catch up with them mighty quick, so I would have to assume all first place votes will rightfully go to

OZ!

Comment

Here's my take:

1.Oswego
                              2.Norwich
                              3.St. Scholastica
                              4.St. Norbert
                              5.Plattsburgh
                              6.Elmira
                              7.Williams
                              8.Gustavus Adolphus
                              9.Hamline
                              10.Middlebury
                              11.Amherst
                              12.Adrian
                              13.River Falls
                              14.Wentworth
                              15.Bowdoin
                              I can't really disagree with you on this. I basically came up with the same thing when I tried to make my own prediction. I only have a couple of thoughts about this:

-Should St. Scholastica should pass St. Norbert in the poll? I agree with your explanation, that SNC tying UW-Superior while CSS beat UW-Stevens Point could be enough to move them up. The question is, will it actually happen? My guess is SNC's record (and name) will be enough to keep them ahead.

-Should Williams pass Elmira and/or Plattsburgh in the polls? The Soaring Eagles and the Cardinals both lost this week, while the Ephs gave Norwich their first loss of the season. Last time Williams had a week like this (1/18-1/24, they tied Plattsburgh and beat St. Anselm and NEC), they went from #15 to #9 in the polls. I haven't seen any of these teams play, but I would say from my research through the box scores, Williams deserves to pass them both. Will it actually happen? I don't think it will.

There's not much else to really think about this week. With Norwich losing, Oswego will almost certainly pick up all 20 first place votes. With Manhattanville's poor showing against Neumann, they'll almost certainly fall out of the top 15. Bowdoin the first in line to replace them, and with their wins against Amherst and Hamilton, they should entert the top 15.

The only other thought I've got is: Who will be the teams on the bubble, just outside the top 15? It wasn't a good week for those teams this week. Out of the teams "also receiving votes" last week, only Bowdoin and Augsburg got through this week without losing or tying anyone (Colby lost to Hamilton and tied Amherst, Fredonia tied both of their games, Curry lost, Hamilton lost, Stout lost). With all of these negative results this week, how will the voters vote this week?

OK, done ranting.
                              Last edited by MCullen; 02-07-2010, 01:55 PM. Reason: typo(s)

Comment

Working...
                              X