Plattsburgh vs Morrisville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plattsburgh vs Morrisville

Anyone else think tonight's game was a disappointment? I felt Plattsburgh really looked uneasy out there; with the first two periods chock full of half-assed hockey. And Morrisville? Forget about it. This was definitely not a game either team should stick on the highlight reel.

http://www.therobbrennan.com/journal...ville-4-1.html

Re: Plattsburgh vs Morrisville

Originally posted by TacoRob View Post
    Anyone else think tonight's game was a disappointment? I felt Plattsburgh really looked uneasy out there; with the first two periods chock full of half-assed hockey. And Morrisville? Forget about it. This was definitely not a game either team should stick on the highlight reel.

http://www.therobbrennan.com/journal...ville-4-1.html
    If you want your blog to be taken seriously continue to promote it on here, I would suggest not swearing so much when doing your "recaps"

******* off and calling players are pieces of $h!t are not very journalistic regardless of their antics.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      If you want your blog to be taken seriously continue to promote it on here, I would suggest not swearing so much when doing your "recaps"

******* off and calling players are pieces of $h!t are not very journalistic regardless of their antics.
      Just imagine if Plattsburgh never found the back of the net and lost 1-0. The profanity would have been doubled toward Leis because it would have been all his fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Rennell View Post
        Just imagine if Plattsburgh never found the back of the net and lost 1-0. The profanity would have been doubled toward Leis because it would have been all his fault.
        I do like how he calls one player "a piece of ****" and says "I guess that's all he can do since he can't score goals. **** off", then mentions 5 sentences later that he did, indeed, score a goal.

Comment

P!nKTacoRob,

Sweetheart, no one is gonna be taking your blog serious when your posting things like THIS: Special Delivery: Paddles the Platypus Arrives in Plattsburgh

Would Paddles approve of your language????

*****http://www.therobbrennan.com/storage/post-images/20091226%20Paddles%20has%20a%20new%20friend.jpg?__ SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1261842790180******

I think not!

SNAP!
          Last edited by RainbowBoy; 02-06-2010, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Paddles is obviously a fan of either Elmira, Williams, or Stevens Point.
            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

I really hope this guy doesn’t officially write for the school! What kind of person try’s to give their insight on a game and has nothing nice to say at all? What’s the sense of you even typing all that up? When you just bash not only the away team (calling guy’s out and even telling them to **** off, real mature) but the home team themselves. Just stick to being a fan and not a disgrace to yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                The NCHA wants nothing to do with "Paddles". Elmira and Williams, have at 'er.

You guys are all going to be stunned when I start posting pictures of my newest purse...
                “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
                  The NCHA wants nothing to do with "Paddles". Elmira and Williams, have at 'er.

You guys are all going to be stunned when I start posting pictures of my newest purse...
                  Is Paddles what you get when you breed a soaring eagle and an Eph?

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                    Despite it's Ty coloring, its "natural predators include hawks, owls, and eagles. "

The Platypus Trophy was made as an award for the winner of the college rivalry between the Oregon Ducks and the Oregon State Beavers.

Also, the Platypus has been used several times as a mascot: "Syd" the Platypus was one of the three mascots chosen for the Sydney 2000 Olympics !

But alas, for someone who is "Exploring creative uses of technology, the iPhone 3GS, MacBook, and more", we have: "Hexley the Platypus is the mascot for Apple Computer's BSD-based Darwin operating system, Mac OS X."
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by MSCHockey16 View Post
                      I really hope this guy doesn’t officially write for the school! What kind of person try’s to give their insight on a game and has nothing nice to say at all? What’s the sense of you even typing all that up? When you just bash not only the away team (calling guy’s out and even telling them to **** off, real mature) but the home team themselves. Just stick to being a fan and not a disgrace to yourself!
                      It was a disappointing game. I have had the good fortune of watching the Cardinals play some AMAZING hockey. Unfortunately, most of last night's game could have been thrown out (even Emery referred to the lack of leadership throughout most of the game). I just have high expectations of the team - and when they are nowhere near their best then it's worth noting.

Unfortunately, Morrisville deserved the respect they received. It's not meant to be an unbiased view of the game; it's just my perspective. Most of the recaps aren't as off the cuff because usually a majority of the games are fairly clean and well-contested. I love clean, high spirited and competitive hockey.

Having said that, everyone has an off night (teams, coaches, bloggers, and fans). I just hope we don't see this level of play during the final two games of the season this coming weekend. Contrary to popular belief, all that glitters is not gold in Cardinal Country - and as a longtime fan I want to see the team strive toward (and maybe surpass) their full potential.

On a side note, it is a bit entertaining to see some of the reactions to the posting - and some think I'm the one looking like an idiot lol

Comment

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post
                        Is Paddles what you get when you breed a soaring eagle and an Eph?
                        Opal.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Rob, I'm a Journalism Major at PSUC. Even YOU should know that calling student athletes "pieces of ****" is an unethical tactic. Also, using profanity to express your frustration with the players on the opposing team? Come on bro. I agree with Prezde, why are you even promoting it (the blog) on here? All it's doing is creating negativity.
                          Plattsburgh State Cardinals
                          1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
                          21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

Originally posted by TacoRob View Post
                            It was a disappointing game. I have had the good fortune of watching the Cardinals play some AMAZING hockey. Unfortunately, most of last night's game could have been thrown out (even Emery referred to the lack of leadership throughout most of the game). I just have high expectations of the team - and when they are nowhere near their best then it's worth noting.

Unfortunately, Morrisville deserved the respect they received. It's not meant to be an unbiased view of the game; it's just my perspective. Most of the recaps aren't as off the cuff because usually a majority of the games are fairly clean and well-contested. I love clean, high spirited and competitive hockey.

Having said that, everyone has an off night (teams, coaches, bloggers, and fans). I just hope we don't see this level of play during the final two games of the season this coming weekend. Contrary to popular belief, all that glitters is not gold in Cardinal Country - and as a longtime fan I want to see the team strive toward (and maybe surpass) their full potential.

On a side note, it is a bit entertaining to see some of the reactions to the posting - and some think I'm the one looking like an idiot lol
                            I'm just wondering why no mention of the one bright spot in the game. You had a goalie start, play well, and finish the game. You have no problem kicking the goalie when he's down, how about a pat on the back when he saves you from what could have been one of the most embarrassing losses in school history.
                            93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                            2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                            2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                            2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
                            2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

Good points! Perhaps the original post may have set a bad tone; but the point has been made. Post has been revised accordingly

Yes; there was no doubt Leis came up huge several times. Of note, it's been interesting how the goaltending has worked as of late (with Leis getting replaced by Williams after a bad run, and then the exact opposite happening). Goaltending seems to have settled down - but one thing still concerns me. Leis seems more prone to crazy rebounds than Williams. That would not be as bad if there was someone there to help move the puck up ice - but usually it finds its way to the opponent and well ahead of our players.

On a related note, anyone know what's going on with the scoreboard situation? Any ideas as to whether this is a problem with the boards themselves - or how they're operated?

Comment

Working...
                              X