Norwich v. Middlebury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norwich v. Middlebury

Ok the "Game" is this Friday night what is the call going to be? I think if and I say if Norwich can get some of their injured players back they will win, if not the game will go to the Panthers
    Last edited by CROSBYNU63; 02-01-2010, 01:25 PM.
    Cadet Crosby '63

Re: Norwich v. Middlebury

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
    Ok the "Game" is this Friday night what is the call going to be? I think if and I say if Norwich can bet some of their injured players back they will win, if not the game will go to the Panthers
    Charlie, i'd rather we get them back instead of wager for them
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Thee Middlebury game of the week is this Tuesday, not Friday
      Larry Normandin
      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
        Thee Middlebury game of the week is this Tuesday, not Friday
        If Plattsburgh can tire them out a bit on Tuesday, we'll be glad to let it happen.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          If Plattsburgh can tire them out a bit on Tuesday, we'll be glad to let it happen.
          Heck no, Emery & the boys are going to enhance Middlebury's training and preparation.
          Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

You are correct, Plattsburgh will tune up the Panthers. I like the Cards in that one, but it is not "The Game"
            Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

You are correct, Plattsburgh will tune up the Panthers. I like the Cards in that one, but it is not "The Game"
              True, I did note, it is "Thee Game"
              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Won't be close. Midd gets thumped in both games.
                "just another internet gangster"...PSUChamps

"you can only be as good as your coach will let you be" Ray Ferraro

Comment

Originally posted by doncheery View Post
                  Won't be close. Midd gets thumped in both games.
                  Don I don't buy your prediction of the Norwich/Middlebury game. Sure if Norwich has most of the injured forwards back like Scott Schroeder and Emmund Bell I would give the edge to Norwich. However with these players out Norwich production has declined somewhat. Middlebury also seems to be on a roll with the recent wins over Colby and Bowdoin. Middlebury playing Plattsburgh on Tuesday is an advantage for Norwich. I predict a close game that could go either way. In these Norwich/Middlebury games Coach Beaney always seems to get the most out of the team.

I will concur with a number of other fans that the atmosphere at the Middlebury games has been toned down from other years; I don't know the reason why, some of said the increase of ticket prices is a factor or that Middlebury hockey has been a little less competitive in the last couple of years. I plan to attend both games this week so it will be interesting to observe the fan interest in the big games.
                  2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                  2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Ok the "Game" is this Friday night what is the call going to be? I think if and I say if Norwich can get some of their injured players back they will win, if not the game will go to the Panthers
                    Your prediction is right on. If the injured players don't return Norwich's luck could run out Friday night.
                    2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                    2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                      Your prediction is right on. If the injured players don't return Norwich's luck could run out Friday night.
                      Then I highly suggest you guys rest you injured players this weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                        Don I don't buy your prediction of the Norwich/Middlebury game. Sure if Norwich has most of the injured forwards back like Scott Schroeder and Emmund Bell I would give the edge to Norwich. However with these players out Norwich production has declined somewhat. Middlebury also seems to be on a roll with the recent wins over Colby and Bowdoin. Middlebury playing Plattsburgh on Tuesday is an advantage for Norwich. I predict a close game that could go either way. In these Norwich/Middlebury games Coach Beaney always seems to get the most out of the team.

I will concur with a number of other fans that the atmosphere at the Middlebury games has been toned down from other years; I don't know the reason why, some of said the increase of ticket prices is a factor or that Middlebury hockey has been a little less competitive in the last couple of years. I plan to attend both games this week so it will be interesting to observe the fan interest in the big games.
                        Hawk ...

The interest for the Midd games is still strong in the community , however the way the Middlebury home games have been scheduled has been a little different than past years. All of their home weekends except for one have been played with the Midd students on break whether it be holiday or J-Term. This has to reduce the crowd by 400 - 500 and the Chip has a lot less juice in the stands.

Unfortunately the students will not be on campus for the Plattsburgh game Tues eve. or Norwich & St Mikes this weekend.

Both games should be very competitive against PBurg & Norwich. The last Midd - Pburg was very competitive during the Primelink and Beaney will find a way to motivate them, he always does.

Comment

Originally posted by Coke Is It 5 View Post
                          Hawk ...

The interest for the Midd games is still strong in the community , however the way the Middlebury home games have been scheduled has been a little different than past years. All of their home weekends except for one have been played with the Midd students on break whether it be holiday or J-Term. This has to reduce the crowd by 400 - 500 and the Chip has a lot less juice in the stands. . . .

Same thing has happened at Bowdoin - it seems as though very few of this year's games have been played while the students were on campus - 1 during Thanksgiving break and 5 games during winter break. The NESCAC needs to be a little more creative in its scheduling.

Comment

Aw, c'mon Charlie...you know it's no contest. Norwich has age, depth, experience and a handsome win streak. Midd will be lucky to hang with them. At least will give you a meal and a speech

Anybody making the trip over the ridge Tuesday night?
                            D-III Game Pics @ http://www.willcimages.com

Friends of Panther Hockey

Comment

I would but it's the wife's birthday....so no hockey tonight of the old man

Originally posted by WillieC View Post
                              Aw, c'mon Charlie...you know it's no contest. Norwich has age, depth, experience and a handsome win streak. Midd will be lucky to hang with them. At least will give you a meal and a speech

Anybody making the trip over the ridge Tuesday night?
                              Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Working...
                              X