Oswego's Neil Musselwhite up for D-I Frozen Four Skills Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oswego's Neil Musselwhite up for D-I Frozen Four Skills Challenge

Alright Laker Nation...(D-III as a whole too )

Time to show the Rowdy Crowd we may not have their hockey IQ and originality but we DO have sheer numbers...

Oswego's own Neil Musselwhite ( as well as Gustavus Adolphus' David Martinson, Nick Sucharski and Stout's Joel Gaulrapp) need your votes to help them make it to the D-I Frozen Four skills challenge in Detroit.

Lets show the rest of the country that some of the top D-III players can play with some of the D-I talent and help get all four to Detroit.

Can you imagine Musselwhite in the fastest skater competition?! It would be a travesty if he doesn't get there.

Also, there are two D-III women's players eligible on the women's east roster. Please throw some support to Elmira's Jamie Kivi and UMass-Boston's Maria Nasta to help get them to Detroit too.

Time to rise up D-III nation

Head to this link to vote Early and OFTEN!

http://www.ncaa.com/frozenfourskills...nge/index.html
    Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 02-01-2010, 11:27 AM.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Oswego's Neil Musselwhite up for D-I Frozen Four Skills Challenge

Done and thanks for the link.

Off topic, when do you think the Oswego Womens team will begin to be more competitive? Tough division I know, but.....

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
      Done and thanks for the link.

Off topic, when do you think the Oswego Womens team will begin to be more competitive? Tough division I know, but.....
      Good topic.

I honestly expected by now that they would be a little bit farther ahead of where they are right now.

However, this team did just make the ECAC West tournament for the first time last year and regardless of how watered down the rest of the conference was, it was still a nice accomplishment and a good send off for the seniors that were the base of the formation of the new women's hockey program.

You'd think that they would have a lot going for them with the international student financial aid package Oswego has as well as the brand new rink but maybe the top recruits are still leaning towards the traditional eastern powers of RIT, Elmira, Plattsburgh, Middlebury, and Amherst etc.

It's hard to judge Oswego's progress because of how far ahead those top three ECAC West teams are. However, like I said, I thought by now they would be competing for at least fourth in the conference and so far that hasnt happened. They are still a pretty good distance behind Neumann and Utica.

I'm not sure if Coach Dillon is just not finding the right players or the players she's trying to recruit just aren't coming to the school yet.

I'm not really sure what the team thinks of coach now that I've left school and have lost contact with the players. Her contract was re-newed for at least one season though (she had a three year deal and this is her fourth year now) so that has to show that someone in Oswego is happy with the job she's doing.

IMHO, last year there were only about five players on the team that could really play and compete with the better teams in the country. They just don't have the depth yet but we'll see what happens.

They are losing some good players this season in Kirkwood, Friesen, and Garrow. Pattemore, who was one of the better players on the team quit before the season started so that was a big loss.

I haven't seen this year's team play yet. Had hopes of going down to the Domes for the series against at Elmira but I dont know if that is happening anymore. The freshmen haven't done much on the stat sheet so far so the recruiting still isn't there right now.

Williams is the best player on the team and once they lose her (she's a junior now) they'll be in desperate need of a goaltender.
      GO LAKERS!!!
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Good topic.

I honestly expected by now that they would be a little bit farther ahead of where they are right now.

Okay, you're an OSU alumnus and a USCHO DIII Women's correspondent. Of COURSE You'd be the first to jump on this topic. But, given your role with USCHO, I doubt I need to tell you that there is a forum on the site that would be a far more appropriate location for this discussion...
        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
          Okay, you're an OSU alumnus and a USCHO DIII Women's correspondent. Of COURSE You'd be the first to jump on this topic. But, given your role with USCHO, I doubt I need to tell you that there is a forum on the site that would be a far more appropriate location for this discussion...
          I know, but that's why I asked him. Just looking for an opinion and really don't want to go the womens forum....

Comment

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ie5h27hJPkM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ie5h27hJPkM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
            WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
            NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
            WIAC Championships: 10-11
            NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
            NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilRadio View Post
              ******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ie5h27hJPkM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ie5h27hJPkM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
              I see your Joel Gaulrapp and raise you a NEIL MUSSELWHITE!

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3eL_fGDJEyQ&hl=en&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3eL_fGDJEyQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Suck it BDR.

1. Rowdy Crowd 2. Oswego State 3. Stout.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              Oswego State '09

Comment

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3eL_fGDJEyQ&hl=en&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3eL_fGDJEyQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Suck it BDR.

Adam Dekker way to ruin a highlight.

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                  Adam Dekker way to ruin a highlight.
                  Doesn't hurt my feelings the guy finally graduated.

He had Elmira's number and frustrated me more than Kevin Amborski did in the 2007 semifinal game a couple times at the Domes.

Originally posted by prezdejohnson09
                  Three stars of the night. http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20060...e=elm&gender=m

#3 Adam Dekker's Stick

#2 Adam Dekker's Blocker

#1 Adam Dekker's Glove
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Suck it BDR.

Pep band in the background. Perhaps their one and only appearance at the CC
                    Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
                    08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
                    2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

Originally posted by nysportsfan29 View Post
                      Pep band in the background. Perhaps their one and only appearance at the CC
                      If I'm not mistaken, that was the inaugural game at the new CC. If so, that means he's a freshman when this was shot. He's gotta be even faster today.

Comment

was at the CC for potts /plats weekend.....that boy Musselwhite can scoot/ fly/wheel, etc ...would think he could compete very well with the D1 boys for sure

Comment

Suck it BDR.

You poor misguided soul.
                          WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
                          NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
                          WIAC Championships: 10-11
                          NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
                          NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

Originally posted by puckfunny View Post
                            If I'm not mistaken, that was the inaugural game at the new CC. If so, that means he's a freshman when this was shot. He's gotta be even faster today.
                            You are correct on the inaugural game part. Can't say for certain whether he's faster now or not.

Originally posted by BlueDevilRadio View Post
                            You poor misguided soul.
                            Please.
                            Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
                            08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
                            2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post

I am probably gonna get blasted for this...... Oswego's program is going nowhere until they get a new coach. Fact is they should be a top team NOW. They have one of the best rinks in D3 and their financial packages are excellent. This tells me that the issue is behind the bench. Houle in Plattsburgh is probably hoping Coach Dillon is in Oswego for years to come.

Just my opinion....

Comment

Working...
                              X