Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Poll Predictions for 2/1

Originally posted by jconnor View Post
    Am I way off or is Elmira's SOS going to take huge dive now?
    One game left vs Hobart, not ranked.
    Two games left vs Neumann, not ranked.
    Two games left vs Manhattanville, who should not be ranked.
    Who cares what they're ranked? All 3 teams are at .500 or better. M'ville will certainly jump up elmira's opp win %, and if all three can beat up on utica and leb valley, they should all finish with an above .500 win %.

Certainly not that shabby for SoS, I could name teams that'll take much bigger hits off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post
      Who cares what they're ranked? All 3 teams are at .500 or better. M'ville will certainly jump up elmira's opp win %, and if all three can beat up on utica and leb valley, they should all finish with an above .500 win %.

Certainly not that shabby for SoS, I could name teams that'll take much bigger hits off the top of my head.
      I think Scott is right on.

Elmira should finish right near the top or at the top of the SOS once again this weekend.

Plattsburgh and Oswego are both going to take nose dives with their remaining games. Oswego plays Brockport, Geneseo, Cortland, and Morrisville in their remaining four games. Only Brockport has a winning record at 11-9.

Plattsburgh plays Middlebury, Buffalo State, Fredonia, Morrisville, and Potsdam.

Middlebury and Fredonia will be good opponents but EC's two remaining games against Manhattanville for the most part cancel those out.

Morrisville and Buffalo State are 11-26-1 and Potsdam is 8-10-2.

EC's games against Neumann and Hobart are more impressive than those so EC should be able to pass Plattsburgh too.

Norwich has Middlebury and Williams left but other than that their opponents have a combined record of 28-36-10. So they'll dip too.

It'll be close but I think Elmira might close out the regular season #1 even with the down year for the ECAC West.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Sorry but,

vs. #1 Oswwgo
        @ #1 Oswego
        @ #8 Williams
        @ #2 Norwich
        @ #2 Norwich
        @ #10 Middlebury
        vs #10 Middlebury (neatrual)
        @ #6 Elmira

That my friend is a pretty impressive resume....Add in the fact that the SUNYAC has done pretty well (even towards the bottom) against the ECAC West and that waters down the ECAC Wests overall records.

Maybe if you are going by the numbers Elmira might have a better SOS, but in reality I don't think their schedule comes close to this.

Also about the ECAC record against away teams....it also helps when Utica has played a total of 23 total non conference regular season games, and only FOUR have been away...sad...
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post

It will help their OWP. The three teams taken together (giving a double weight to the teams they play twice) have a WP of about 63%. Elmira's OWP currently is close to 50%, so the 63% will raise their OWP
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Well, I was right...it wasn't unanimous for Oswego.
            Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally Posted by LakerEagleLover
              I may be a rookie on this board, but having seen Oswego@Elmira, Elmira@Manhattanville, the Pathfinder Tournament, Adrian@Oswego and Plattsburgh@Oswego, I have some thoughts...

1) Leis spits out rebounds like a 5 yr old spits out broccoli
              2) Elmira is every bit as good at the other two
              3) Oswego is the best of the 3 - but by the slimest of margins
              4) Whiteout was all that is great about D3 sports, gloves on fire and all...

did you happen to catch Morrisville @ Elmira? they might argue with #2...

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchmen_04 View Post
                I may be a rookie on this board, but having seen Oswego@Elmira, Elmira@Manhattanville, the Pathfinder Tournament, Adrian@Oswego and Plattsburgh@Oswego, I have some thoughts...

Yea the same game where Elmira had just about as many shots on goal in the third period alone as Morrisville had the whole game. Please dude try harder next time...weak...
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                  Yea the same game where Elmira had just about as many shots on goal in the third period alone as Morrisville had the whole game. Please dude try harder next time...weak...
                  still wasn't quite enough though, was it? 0-5 on the PP. tough afternoon.

point is Platty and Oswego didn't seem to have the same problem with them. Elmira have a good team? No doubt. "Every bit as good a team" - as previously posted? No dice.
                  Last edited by Dutchmen_04; 02-01-2010, 10:40 PM.

Comment

still wasn't quite enough though, was it? 0-5 on the PP. tough afternoon.

point is M'ville and Oswego didn't seem to have the same problem with them. Elmira have a good team? No doubt. "Every bit as good a team" - as previously posted? No dice.
                    Yea I guess being the ONLY team so far in DIII to put a blemish on the #1 ranked Lakers for how many weeks now means nothing... Please dude, stop wasting space.

Once again you don't have to win a game to be a better team.....go back to your playstation.

BTW Morrisville outplayed M'ville in that 3-0 shutout and outshooting them... nice try...you'll get it someday...

Sat 10/24/2009 W Elmira 2 Oswego (nc) 1
                    Sat 01/09/2010 T Elmira 1 Plattsburgh (nc) 1 ot
                    Last edited by PSUChamps2001; 02-01-2010, 10:42 PM.
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Yea I guess being the ONLY team so far in DIII to put a blemish on the #1 ranked Lakers for how many weeks now means nothing... Please dude, stop wasting space.

Once again you don't have to win a game to be a better team.....go back to your playstation.

BTW Morrisville outplayed M'ville in that 3-0 shutout and outshooting them... nice try...you'll get it someday...
                      I was referring to Plattsburgh and not M'Ville - clearly a typo on my part. I think they have the edge on M'Ville for sure (and we will see 2 more times), but not a chance are they as good as platty or oswego.

your argument seems conflicted - does beating oswego make them a better team or not? too bad they don't play each other again in regular season - if they played 5 more times, i say oswego beats them 4 of 5. they just have the guns

Comment

Elmira, who is the only team to beat #1 Oswego.

Elmira, who fought hard to earn a 1-1 tie to #5 Plattsburgh.

Elmira, who hasn't even been touched in the ECAC-W, a conference that has put 3 teams in the tournament 2 years running.

Elmira, who, other than 2 losses to #1 Oswego, the aforementioned tie to #5 Plattsburgh, and the upset to which you refer, hasn't been touched by ANYBODY.

Yeah... they're no good...
                        Remember, any team can beat any other team on any given day. The better team does not always win. It's been a LONG time since anybody put up a 0 on the loss column. Norwich most certainly won't do it this year. One loss shows nothing. 1-2-1 against top 5 teams shows me much more than the 1 loss. Coming back the next night and embarrassing the little ponies in their own Iceplex shows me more than the one loss.

Besides, it's been said time and time again that Relkoff is a quality goalie who can steal a game away, and if put on a team with a decent defense would be a top goalie in the SUNYAC.

But go on, believe what you will.
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                          Elmira, who is the only team to beat #1 Oswego.

Elmira, who fought hard to earn a 1-1 tie to #5 Plattsburgh.

Elmira, who hasn't even been touched in the ECAC-W, a conference that has put 3 teams in the tournament 2 years running.

Elmira, who, other than 2 losses to #1 Oswego, the aforementioned tie to #5 Plattsburgh, and the upset to which you refer, hasn't been touched by ANYBODY.

Yeah... they're no good...
                          Remember, any team can beat any other team on any given day. The better team does not always win. It's been a LONG time since anybody put up a 0 on the loss column. Norwich most certainly won't do it this year. One loss shows nothing. 1-2-1 against top 5 teams shows me much more than the 1 loss. Coming back the next night and embarrassing the little ponies in their own Iceplex shows me more than the one loss.

Besides, it's been said time and time again that Relkoff is a quality goalie who can steal a game away, and if put on a team with a decent defense would be a top goalie in the SUNYAC.

But go on, believe what you will.

hmmmmm, at any point did I ever say Elmira was no good, or did not have a good team? certainly not. they have an excellent team, and are having a very good season. that can't be argued.

that aside, everything else you said is valid. i just don't think they are every bit as good a team as the other 2. that's it, that's all.

Comment

hmmmmm, at any point did I ever say Elmira was no good, or did not have a good team? certainly not. they have an excellent team, and are having a very good season. that can't be argued.

that aside, everything else you said is valid. i just don't think they are every bit as good a team as the other 2. that's it, that's all.
                            But I do believe Elmira is every bit as good as the other two. Yes, I have publicly said that Oswego is undoubtedly the best in the nation at the moment. Yes, I have said that Norwich is undoubtedly right behind them. But, they are not untouchable. I believe that if you put them in a 7 game playoff series against the Lakers, the Lakers would take it in 6 or 7, but no less. That leaves plenty of room for a lucky bounce to put it in Elmira's favor.
                            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Sat 10/24/2009 W Elmira 2 Oswego (nc) 1
                              Sat 01/09/2010 T Elmira 1 Plattsburgh (nc) 1 ot
                              Funny how Elmira only gets some love after they tie Plattsburgh. Earlier in the season when Elmira was used as a measuring stick for Oswego the jury was still out

The jury is still out on Elmira for one thing...the whole ECAC West as a whole is in question this season.....I don't think you will see maybe 1 ECAC West team in the top 15 by seasons end, and that will be more based on reputation.
                              Whats Elmira got? A 4-3 win over Fredonia, a 1-2 Loss to Morrisville, a 5-2 combined weekend sweep over a mediocre Hobart team .
                              93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                              2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                              2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                              2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
                              2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

Dutchmen,

Elmira may not have the horses that Oswego does but they do have the superior goaltender in Casey Tuttle.

Tuttle is a top five goaltender in the country and has at times singlehandedly kept Elmira in games and helped them to wins over his four year career.

He was a big reason why Elmira put that lone blemish in Oswego's record in October and in a one game winner take all can definitely put a team on his back and lead them to the win.

You know what they say offenses...they sell tickets.

defense wins championships.

Is Oswego the favorite to win the NC? yeah I'd say they would probably have to be at this point. But wasn't Plattsburgh the hands down best team in the country last year on paper and look what happened to them.

I hope it doesn't happen to this year's Lakers team, but I honestly have this weird feeling that Elmira or Adrian is going to beat them in the Quarterfinals.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X