Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Culvers Camp Randall Hockey Classic: Michigan vs UW.. Brrrrrrrr!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Culvers Camp Randall Hockey Classic: Michigan vs UW.. Brrrrrrrr!

Over/Under 10 degrees for game time temp?
    Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Re: Culvers Camp Randall Hockey Classic: Michigan vs UW.. Brrrrrrrr!

Apparently you're going to do this dance every week now eh?

Comment

It actually doesn't look like it will be to bad for the game, at least for the crowd. I don't know how the ice will hold up.

Comment

Originally posted by wibadgervbfan View Post
        It actually doesn't look like it will be to bad for the game, at least for the crowd. I don't know how the ice will hold up.
        The ice will be fine unless it gets very cold, and that doesn't look like it will happen. As anybody knows who has played pond hockey, when the air temp is VERY cold, the ice gets too "hard" and very chippy.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          Apparently you're going to do this dance every week now eh?
          Some people just need to hear themselves talk.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            The ice will be fine unless it gets very cold, and that doesn't look like it will happen. As anybody knows who has played pond hockey, when the air temp is VERY cold, the ice gets too "hard" and very chippy.
            I don't think they would have that big of a "chippyness" problem with them having a refrigeration system and using zamboni's. Little bit different than just hosing down some flat land at the local rink or on a pond.

Comment

From the looks of things the temperature shouldn't be an issue. I would be more worried about it snowing during the game, even a light snow will make the ice a PITA to play on.

Comment

Originally posted by baalbrec View Post
                From the looks of things the temperature shouldn't be an issue. I would be more worried about it snowing during the game, even a light snow will make the ice a PITA to play on.
                It snowed a bit during the game at Lambeau. It added a nice aura to the game. Ice was mediocre but nobody cared, we just ordered more beer!

Comment

I'm sure there is a very simple answer to this...maybe the Badger fans can answer it for me:

Why is this game not being played against Minnesota? It seems to me that you could fill the stadium and break the attendance record if this were the case. Did Minnesota or the WCHA not show interest? I would think that a game at Camp Randall followed by next year at TCF would have been a no brainer.
                  MICHIGAN STATE
                  1966:1986:2007

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
                    I'm sure there is a very simple answer to this...maybe the Badger fans can answer it for me:

Why is this game not being played against Minnesota? It seems to me that you could fill the stadium and break the attendance record if this were the case. Did Minnesota or the WCHA not show interest? I would think that a game at Camp Randall followed by next year at TCF would have been a no brainer.
                    We tried. WCHA execs are bums. Someone smarter than me can explain it further.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                      We tried. WCHA execs are bums..
                      That sums it up pretty well.

The technical answer is they didn't want a league game played outdoors, and had issues with who would be in control of the event.
                      http://host.madison.com/sports/artic...6c4e08f7d.html

But the original proposal was just as STATEdude3 described it, and it was a no brainer.
                      http://host.madison.com/sports/artic...66073a148.html
                      Last edited by baalbrec; 01-31-2010, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucky-Bucky Backer View Post
                        It snowed a bit during the game at Lambeau. It added a nice aura to the game. Ice was mediocre but nobody cared, we just ordered more beer!
                        But there is no beer for this game.

Comment

Originally posted by baalbrec View Post
                          But there is no beer for this game.
                          But I'm guessing they won't do much to keep flasks from getting inside the stadium...

Comment

*****http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs153.snc3/18057_440085095426_352608170426_10941231_4908115_n .jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
                              But I'm guessing they won't do much to keep flasks from getting inside the stadium...
                              With all those heavy coats and overalls you may be correct.

Comment

Working...
                              X