Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Culvers Camp Randall Hockey Classic: Michigan vs UW.. Brrrrrrrr!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Culvers Camp Randall Hockey Classic: Michigan vs UW.. Brrrrrrrr!

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    It wasn't diving, and it was a slash.

And I really didn't care who won this game.
    It was a dive, and it was a slash. As were 15 other opportunities in the game where they just decided to let the kids play.

Comment

Good game, good win.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
        brendan smith's heisman pose was awesome
        Warsofsky's home run swing and pose was better

Comment

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
          It was a dive, and it was a slash. As were 15 other opportunities in the game where they just decided to let the kids play.
          I always hate to see the officials hand out 3 penalties to one team in the final few minutes of a close game while handing out 0 penalties to the other team. Especially when the officials had set a "let 'em play" precedent up to that point.

Comment

Bad officiating is always the whine from the losing team in non-conference play. The officials from the WCHA are no better or worse than Shegos from the CCHA when UW or U-Mn play at U-Mi or MSU.
            I'm sure I could go back and find numerous calls to whine about if I looked at the November game at Yost, but I have better things to do in life.
            Get over it.

Comment

See you on the streets of Madison tonight! GREAT game!!!
              WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
              NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
              WIAC Championships: 10-11
              NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
              NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucky-Bucky Backer View Post
                Bad officiating is always the whine from the losing team in non-conference play. The officials from the WCHA are no better or worse than Shegos from the CCHA when UW or U-Mn play at U-Mi or MSU.
                I'm sure I could go back and find numerous calls to whine about if I looked at the November game at Yost, but I have better things to do in life.
                You obviously can't come up with a better defense. Shegos does in fact suck, but at least he's consistently horrible throughout the game.

Get over it.
                Get over yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucky-Bucky Backer View Post
                  Get over it.
                  Yes Pucky, I'm sure you really do have better things to do in life than whine about the refs. I'm sure, during a big game, you would never complain about things you couldn't control. Like on the score updates thread during tonight's game for instance:

Pucky-Bucky Backer

Re: Mich vs. Wisc @ Camp Randall
                  Where did the Big10 network get these announcers? It sounds like a Red Berensen love fest.
                  I've heard Doug Woog be more neutral.

Oh but wait, it gets even better....

Chuck Schwartz

Re: Mich vs. Wisc @ Camp Randall
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Pucky-Bucky Backer View Post
                  Where did the Big10 network get these announcers? It sounds like a Red Berensen love fest.
                  I've heard Doug Woog be more neutral.

The color man is Rob Andringa who is our regular TV color man...

I just have to say... congratulations man. Lots of hockey fans whine about the refs, but it takes real genius to whine about one's own announcing crew being biased towards the other team. You do, truly, lead a more fulfilling life then the rest of us mere mortals.

Comment

Have to love 55k doing jump around with 15 minutes left in the 3rd!

Comment

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
                      Wrong. I do agree there were some missed calls throughout the game (that 2 min shoulda been a CFB, for example) but those two calls I'll stand by. I did think it was a dive at first, until I saw the replay. He got his stick in there pretty good on that one.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Wrong. I do agree there were some missed calls throughout the game (that 2 min shoulda been a CFB, for example) but those two calls I'll stand by. I did think it was a dive at first, until I saw the replay. He got his stick in there pretty good on that one.
                        But is that a call you make late in the 3rd period when you've been ignoring pretty much everything all game? At what point is it appropriate to decide all of the sudden you're going to stop swallowing the whistle? That's my biggest issue with, really, all three penalties late in the 3rd. Could they have tried any harder to get Wisconsin back in the game?

Comment

Originally posted by UMBand View Post
                          But is that a call you make late in the 3rd period when you've been ignoring pretty much everything all game? At what point is it appropriate to decide all of the sudden you're going to stop swallowing the whistle? That's my biggest issue with, really, all three penalties late in the 3rd. Could they have tried any harder to get Wisconsin back in the game?
                          And I'd say the two I have no prob with were rather blatant (again, one on the replay; that one in realtime coulda been tripping/embellishment combo).

And with apologies, maybe don't let WI score on the exact same PP play for that 3rd goal.

Overall, MI outplayed WI, but couldn't finish their opportunities.

And if anyone wants to claim some bias, I'm surprised they haven't brought up the goal crease situation (the one where MI defended twice from).
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

It wasn't diving, and it was a slash.

And I really didn't care who won this game.

WOOO!!!! WCHA!!!! WOOO!!!! BEST CONFERENCE IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE!!! DUBBBBYYYAAAA SEEEEEE HHHHHH EHHHHH SPEEEEDDDD!!!!! IN YOUR FACE EASTERN BIAS!!! I STILL HAVE NIGHTMARES ABOUT MIKE LEGG!!!!! WOOOO!!!
                            Also wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by wooderson View Post
                              Also wrong.
                              If you really really want me to choose a team tonight, I woulda rooted for MI. I *ing hate WI. But since it was non-con, I really didn't care.

Comment

And if anyone wants to claim some bias, I'm surprised they haven't brought up the goal crease situation (the one where MI defended twice from).
                                What was the deal there? Our seats were waaaaaay too low in that endzone, so we could only see what was on the screen when they were fixing it/peek through the door when they opened it to go to work. Was there a hole in the ice?

Comment

Working...
                                X