Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 'Cats and 'Dogs--NMU @ Ferris, Feb 5-6

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
    Anyway back to hockey. NMU has a real opportunity to right the ship and make a serious push this coming weekend. Ferris State has come back to reality a bit since the New Year. While the Cats won't underestimate them, and nor should they in a tough venue, they can win both games with a tremendous effort.

Hopefully the team which was on the ice at The Berry and not the one in Omaha takes to the ice and brings home the majority of points. I'm optimistic that a good showing is in the forecast.
    First, never get optimistic. As a life long Red Sox fan, I've learned that the hard way. Just take everything in stride.

Second, Ferris is great at home, running their record to 12-2. Its gonna be tough for the Cats this weekend. Hopefully the team from Saturday's first period shows up, and plays 60 minutes.
    Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
    You are correct!!
    Mr. Dorich: 123 games (and counting) 0 goals
    IF Al does happen to score I sure hope it's at home.
    I can think of something sweeter. Game winning Goal, in Overtime at the Joe for the CCHA title. I'll storm the ice and give him a beer on the spot.
    Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
    1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
    2006-2007: 15-24-2
    2007-2008: 20-20-4
    2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by kariya View Post
      Mojo think mid-1990's. This hometown product graduated with Kujo in 1990 played with the Electricians and the NAHL with Kalamazoo. He's a great guy who always hung out across the street from where Kujo and I were raised. Kujo name that hometown former Worcester AHL defensemen! Hint: He played from 1991-1995 with the Cats and lettered all four years while at NMU! He holds the record of never scoring a goal while lettering all fours years. He was a supplemental draft pick in 1994 by the Edmonton Oilers.

Yep, Chad Dameworth, nice guy--knew him almost my whole life as a kid..

LETS GO CATS!!!!
      Last edited by Kujo/NMU Hockey; 02-02-2010, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        Walt will likely give an update on the NMU Sports Roundtable show tomorrow night. His segment begins around 7:30 pm.
        I will still need some help, coaching, basketball practice during that time slot. So, Dave, help!
        GO CATS GO

JUST BEAT MICHIGAN BABY!

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies!

Comment

Originally posted by WildcatGoal View Post
          I will still need some help, coaching, basketball practice during that time slot. So, Dave, help!
          Smith is out. Butcher and Fox are undetermined at this time.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

This series is really the key for success for the remainder of the season. Cannot stress enough how dangerous this team is. Zach Redmond is a great defensemen and a great kid. Skated with him and Couturier a couple years ago when I lived in TC. Cats will need all eight cylinders to split this series. The arena is one of the toughest places to play as a visitor. Last time I was there I was treated to the Kunitz show in 03. Let's just hope for some points this weekend. Go Cats!
            Last edited by kariya; 02-02-2010, 07:40 PM.

Comment

60 minutes of hockey will be key this weekend. The Cats have to play offensively and defensively, win the battle on the boards, control the puck and flow of the game, and go out there with 110% effort---WIN BABY WIN!!!!

A-game a must for this series and the rest of the year.

LETS GO CATS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kujo/NMU Hockey View Post
                60 minutes of hockey will be key this weekend. The Cats have to play offensively and defensively, win the battle on the boards, control the puck and flow of the game, and go out there with 110% effort---WIN BABY WIN!!!!

A-game a must for this series and the rest of the year.

LETS GO CATS!!!!
                I've heard those somewhere before
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

From a football game, but still:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lSVeBQhSSw

Comment

I love how the woman in front of the videographer couldn't keep the beat.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

DavyD...this is kind of for you, since you'll be doing the games.

What time is Saturday's game? NMU and Ferris' website both say 7:30pm, but USCHO says 5pm, and Ive seen 5pm somewhere else (Maybe Fox Sports Detroit). Any answers?
                      Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                      1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                      2006-2007: 15-24-2
                      2007-2008: 20-20-4
                      2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post

What time is Saturday's game? NMU and Ferris' website both say 7:30pm, but USCHO says 5pm, and Ive seen 5pm somewhere else (Maybe Fox Sports Detroit). Any answers?
                        I believe it was previously an early game until picked up by FSD.
                        Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                          I believe it was previously an early game until picked up by FSD.
                          Correct.
                          TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

The Cats haven't won a CCHA road game since Nov. 14 at Notre Dame. This Ferris team is really good and seem to be on a mission. The way NMU's been playing on the road makes me think they'll be very lucky to get even a single point this weekend.

Come on Cats, surprise me!

Comment

Where are all the Ferris fans? I was hoping to see more than just the usual NMU crew in here. Or, did they start their own separate threads for each day and each point they wanted to make??

If you read this... sorry, Hammer, I'm not talking about you!
                              Always a Wildcat...
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post

The game was originally scheduled for a 5:05 pm start, which is what you see on USCHO and other national and regional sites. However, with FSN picking the game up, it will be olayed at 7:35. Our pregame show will start at 7:00.
                                Last edited by davyd83; 02-06-2010, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X