UNH at Maine - Feb 5/6 (Flame on!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNH at Maine - Feb 5/6 (Flame on!!)

Good thing this series was scheduled in February and not November, because the way both teams are playing right now this should be a heckuva series. Maine comes into this taking 3 of 4 points from Vermont. UNH comes into it after splitting with Merrimack. Personally, I'll be quite happy with the split, and delirious if we sweep.
    Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
    2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Re: UNH at Maine - Feb 5/6 (Flame on!!)

UNH has owned Maine in recent years so their isn't much to flame about from a Mainers perspective. Hopefully Maine can get some points out of this. I've haven't seen UNH play but I suspect their offense is pretty good like it usually is. Maines D isn't that good but Darling has been great since November so we'll see.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Off topic a little bit here, but did any of you Mainuhs realize that Mark Nemec is in the mechancial engineering program? How he is able to balance that workload with hawkey is indeed impressive.

Should be a good series up in Orono.
      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
        Off topic a little bit here, but did any of you Mainuhs realize that Mark Nemec is in the mechancial engineering program? How he is able to balance that workload with hawkey is indeed impressive.

Wow, that is impressive. I could barely do it without Hockey, might have been easier if Barstans wasn't around

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Wow, that is impressive. I could barely do it without Hockey, might have been easier if Barstans wasn't around
          Nah, you would have found some other place.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            You're a 4 year ME grad ?? Geezus I'm gonna hafta treat you with a little more respect... (not much more)

Comment

Maine has the best power play in the country, statistically. UNH uncharacteristically has a very poor PK; they looked weak last night and are not even in the top 40 in the country. A key to the weekend will be whether or not the Cats can stay out of the penalty box, and whether UNH can do something about the PK; it just isn't working this year.; and it is not Foster's fault.
              Go Cats
              Former HEA Champions

Comment

Those of us who did it know there is no 'balance'...even without the rigors of playing D1 puck. He's only a freshmen though, so it'll be more impressive if he manages to hang. props either way
                "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Any of you Mainuhs know if WABI will carry the games?

Should be fun to watch and usually good for some drama. Not hard to get up for these games. No predictions here because anything can and will happen at the Alfond when these two go at it.

Carry on.......
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

You're a 4 year ME grad ?? Geezus I'm gonna hafta treat you with a little more respect... (not much more)
                    Don't let a degree get in the way

Comment

Originally posted by unh_hockey View Post
                      Those of us who did it know there is no 'balance'...even without the rigors of playing D1 puck. He's only a freshmen though, so it'll be more impressive if he manages to hang. props either way
                      He redshirted last year so as far as school goes he's a sophomore

Comment

Originally posted by gounhwildcats View Post
                        Good thing this series was scheduled in February and not November, because the way both teams are playing right now this should be a heckuva series. Maine comes into this taking 3 of 4 points from Vermont. UNH comes into it after splitting with Merrimack. Personally, I'll be quite happy with the split, and delirious if we sweep.
                        Amen to that, Dean, except the delirious part -- I'm always delirious.

I'd be ecstatic with a sweep, but that makes me delusional, I suppose. (Mantra: Happy is good. Happy is good.)

(And I also agree with the post citing the importance of the Cats' staying out of the penalty box. Maine shouldn't have similar worries about their PK, as the Cats are always far too mannerly on the PP -- typically declining the invitation to score by waiting to shoot until the defender is in position to block the shot.)
                        We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                        ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                        --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Yes, I knew he was in mechanical engineering. Which is why I have said a couple of times that he was also a good student. Often times the students playing sports do better academically during their playing season then they do out of season. I suspect it's because they are forced and are able to structure and manage their time more efficiently.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                            Any of you Mainuhs know if WABI will carry the games?

Should be fun to watch and usually good for some drama. Not hard to get up for these games. No predictions here because anything can and will happen at the Alfond when these two go at it.

Carry on.......
                            WABI is carrying the Saturday night game.
                            Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                              Yes, I knew he was in mechanical engineering. Which is why I have said a couple of times that he was also a good student. Often times the students playing sports do better academically during their playing season then they do out of season. I suspect it's because they are forced and are able to structure and manage their time more efficiently.
                              The kid is from Rousses Point, NY....we did a bridge there not too long ago...just across the water from the tree huggers in Vermont. How Maine got this kid from VT is beyond me. So far of what I've seen him play I've been impressed. Of course anyone in a ME or CE program impresses me.

Comment

Working...
                              X