Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH at Maine - Feb 5/6 (Flame on!!)

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
    hey acs, or other bb fans, any idea if both games will be on the net (even if Saturday's is on TV?)
    thanks!
    both will be online... link is on the maine schedule page for friday and will be up when they update the page for saturday's game

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
      They might sneak past 5,000 but I doubt that either game will be "sold out". Maine Hockey just isn't that "****" anymore.......
      I play in the Pep Band for UMaine, and I'd still say we're pretty ****.

On a more fitting note, The Alfond Had a Total attendance of 5250 People show up for the UNH Game last year, and last year it was during Winter Break. This year I DO expect it to sell out, because no one is on break this time.

Tell me that ain't a **** fact for ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        Isn't UNH still on probation for cheating?
        I'm sorry but there will always be a difference between a self-reported and self-imposed mistake , and punishment, then . . . well, you know.

Coach Lassonde told me so in an e-mail
        I haven't been on here in a year...
        Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

hey acs, or other bb fans, any idea if both games will be on the net (even if Saturday's is on TV?)
          thanks!
          I believe Gib that both games were scheduled to be on the net, even with WABI coverage. If you go through those links, it'll tellya.
          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
            I'm sorry but there will always be a difference between a self-reported and self-imposed mistake , and punishment, then . . . well, you know.

Yeah, exactly - it was just a mistake! Our coach just too didn't know how to use the computer correctly. Not a cheater, just, um, dumb. (Maybe he went to Maine?)
            Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
            -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by ME FAN View Post
              "Two injured UNH hockey players to miss Maine series":

http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/p...emailAFriend=1
              I don't know exactly what happened to Danlton, but I'm pretty sure that Burke's injury is related to the cheap shot he took from Merrimack College's Bigos, that led to Bigos' getting tossed from the game.

To the person who wondered why I was so upset with the hit, and the fact he didn't get a Game-DQ, now you know. If a UNH player hit somebody what sort of intent to injure, I'd be just as upset.

Maine fans: you'll be missing a talented, strong foward in Burke, who I have enjoyed watchign develop through the year. Speelman was a speedster, and had been working recently on a real fun line with Stevey Moses (until just recently) and Mike Borisneok (sp?), that was very quick. It will be interesting to see how the lines shift, but 1 and 2 will most likely be the same; 1: Thompson, Butler, DeSimone; 2: LeBlanc, Sislo, Moses;
              Last edited by unhpuckfan2001; 02-05-2010, 07:56 AM. Reason: Dante v. Dalton :-) (thanks)
              I haven't been on here in a year...
              Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post

The Maine thing all started because of a self-reported mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                  UHN fan stops in Portland for gas.
                  Asks the gas attendant, "What's the quickest way to Orono?"
                  Gas attendant: "Are ya walkin' or are ya drivin'?"
                  UHN: "Driving"
                  Attendant: "Well... that's the quickest way."
                  ayuht! but ya can't get thaya from heeya 'less ya gutsa caah
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                    ayuht! but ya can't get thaya from heeya 'less ya gutsa caah
                    and it better have 4-wheel drive.
                    GO BLUE!

Comment

Any idea if both games will be on the net (even if Saturday's is on TV?)
                      thanks!
                      Gibber, do you get WPME down there, they simulcast all of the WABI games for us southerners.

Comment

Originally posted by Luteplayers2 View Post
                        Gibber, do you get WPME down there, they simulcast all of the WABI games for us southerners.
                        I will be in Eagle Lake, ME on Saturday night (if all goes as planned!). What station, if any, covers the game up there?
                        GO BLUE!

Comment

Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
                          I will be in Eagle Lake, ME on Saturday night (if all goes as planned!). What station, if any, covers the game up there?
                          You'll be frozen so don't worry about it ? Ice fishing or snowmobiling? Find someone with cable or local channels on a dish and you might get WABI?
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

"More on the freshman line; Dee cleared for this weekend's series against UNH"

http://blogs.pressherald.mainetoday....es-against-unh

Comment

Originally posted by Luteplayers2 View Post
                              I think I used to when I lived up in Dover/Somersworth, but I moved down to the BIG city (Nashua) this past summer. I'll be working at the paper until 1030 anyway so, if I can swing it, I'll probably end up listening to Dan/Pete on the radio. I am still debating whether or not to go up for tomorrow's game and heading back in the morning.....if I can sucker someone into going up with me for one night I just may

Comment

Originally posted by ME FAN View Post
                                "More on the freshman line; Dee cleared for this weekend's series against UNH"

http://blogs.pressherald.mainetoday....es-against-unh
                                That's great news that Dee will be back, hopefully its a healthy Dee. IMO I find it hard to believe he recovered from a broken foot in four weeks.
                                Last edited by Gusforhobey; 02-04-2010, 09:28 PM.
                                Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Working...
                                X