No announcement yet.

UNH at Maine - Feb 5/6 (Flame on!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH at Maine - Feb 5/6 (Flame on!!)

Originally posted by Malts18 View Post
    .. tonight is far from decided already (even the Maine fans would agree with that). No one should be thinking tonight is a done deal for Maine. It could go either way... and again the goaltenders will be front and center in determining the outcome.
    Couldn't agree more. Maine better bring their "A" game again.

You Detroit fans are going to love Nyquist. I saw some moves last night that I haven't seen at the Alfond since the 92-93 season. Scary.
    "If you don't have the best of everything, make the best of everything you have." - A sign on Shawn Walsh's desk

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      When Maine shot the puck at the empty net which led to the clock nightmare, didn't the puck hit the post?
      Wally,

Doesn't matter if it hit the post or not - still icing. Rule changed several years ago - back then if the puck passed through the crease, icing waived off. If you recall, the crease was a semi-circle that extended beyond the posts then - now the crease is truncated.

Let's go Bears - Mass loses big at home so Maine tied in points with a game in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by ME FAN View Post
        I agree with you about Carriere, but according to Thursday's Portland Press Herald, it sounds like we may be without him the rest of the way: "The Black Bears, though, will be without senior center Brett Carriere, who suffered a sprained MCL in the third period of Saturday's 4-4 tie at Vermont, and he could be out for up to eight weeks"
        He's done. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned in the BDN article. Apparently, Larry isn't in the know.

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
          ...however I also believe in self deprecation when you give the game away....
          I think Maine had the edge in play even when UNH was up 1-0, when they went 2-0 I thought Maine might be done but over all without looking at the score I think Maine had the edge in play for the game. I saw the shot chart for the second period, Maines shots were between the circles, UNH were about the circles. Maine got to the front of the net all night, Foster was the man. If he wasn't Maine wins in a landslide
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Gil View Post
            You Detroit fans are going to love Nyquist. I saw some moves last night that I haven't seen at the Alfond since the 92-93 season. Scary.
            Sounds good to me... man, with Jimmy Howard and then Gustav Nyquist coming in soon.... Detroit is going to start to look like Orono West.
            Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
            ECAC Tourney Champs 79
            Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
            Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
            Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
            NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

One other thing about tonights game, Basketball game started at 12 noon, temps in the building up to 70 degrees. Ice should be awful tonight, not sure who that helps?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                One other thing about tonights game, Basketball game started at 12 noon, temps in the building up to 70 degrees. Ice should be awful tonight, not sure who that helps?
                When the he** are they going to get squeakball out of Alfond - it was a stupid idea from the start;

1) no way they are going to fill the place (except if Cindy starts playing again)

2) this leads to no home court advantage like the "pit" can give you with whatever fans (even if there are only 50) right on top of the players

3) makes for lousy ice conditions for the REAL game

4) screws up the Zamboni which has to clean up the pieces of sub floor and grit from the fork lift - even though they use the old Zamboni

5) wear and tear on the glass from being mishandled by work study students - I am tired of contributing the "temporary" $2/ticket increase for new glass every X years.
                Last edited by john g; 02-06-2010, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by john g View Post
                  When the he** are they going to get squeakball out of Alfond - it was a stupid idea from the start;

1) no way they are going to fill the place (except if Cindy starts playing again)

2) this leads to no home court advantage like the "pit" can give you with whatever fans (even if there are only 50) right on top of the players

3) makes for lousy ice conditions for the REAL game
                  The pit is awesome for BBall, loved it when I was a kid
                  and got free tickets all the time. Dr J could dunk in there big time

Comment

Anyone happen to be watching the jumbotron last night in between the second and third periods at the little girl that was slapping the Maine players 5 when they went out on the ice and the cop drove her off! What harm was she doing?

Comment

Originally posted by btb91 View Post
                      On the clock issue...

As soon as the clock hit 0.00, the clock operator bolted for the door, in an attempt to beat the traffic (good luck, campus is on an island.)

Then, they had someone chase the clock operator out into the parking lot to tell him the game was not over, and to get back in there. The person operating the clock was so flustered by these events, that he could not do his job effectively the remainder of the game (all 3 seconds of it). Apparently people were yelling at him etc.
                      LOL........some things never change.

Comment

When the he** are they going to get squeakball out of Alfond - it was a stupid idea from the start
                        Got an extra $12 mill?

Comment

Originally posted by DownEastblkbearfan View Post
                          Anyone happen to be watching the jumbotron last night in between the second and third periods at the little girl that was slapping the Maine players 5 when they went out on the ice and the cop drove her off! What harm was she doing?
                          LOL.........some things never change.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                            Got an extra $12 mill?

Just make them play their games in the pit. No one goes to the games anyway.
                            When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                              Just make them play their games in the pit. No one goes to the games anyway.
                              I agree - make them play the games in the pit - when they start to win and generate some money to justify any improvements to the facility, then capital can be spent. Don't play in a facility too big to justify the money spent to change back and forth between ice and court (its got to cost more for the changes than is generated by ticket revenue). Honestly, is there an economics mind on campus?

Comment

I agree - make them play the games in the pit - when they start to win and generate some money to justify any improvements to the facility, then capital can be spent. Don't play in a facility too big to justify the money spent to change back and forth between ice and court (its got to cost more for the changes than is generated by ticket revenue). Honestly, is there an economics mind on campus?
                                Umm... they are winning. And they would have more than sold out the Pit the past five games (about the point people noticed they were starting to win).

Thanks for paying attention though.

Comment

Working...
                                X